The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #7,171 of 18,652
I've used itunes to organize my music before. If you import songs with the option to 'copy songs to music folder', then it will make a copy of all your music and automatically place it in artist --> album order. It will automatically shuffle the positions of the songs around when you change the tags in itunes as well.

Question for people on the east coast: how long did it take to get your DX50 from the ship date?

Nov 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #7,172 of 18,652
I've used itunes to organize my music before. If you import songs with the option to 'copy songs to music folder', then it will make a copy of all your music and automatically place it in artist --> album order. It will automatically shuffle the positions of the songs around when you change the tags in itunes as well.

Question for people on the east coast: how long did it take to get your DX50 from the ship date?

5 days

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #7,176 of 18,652
I am curious though as to how all your material showed up fine including the cover art and proper order because mine did not and I did exactly what you suggested.

One thing the Dx50 showed me is to be better organized.

Some of your files may not be properly tagged. Files in the album must have identical tag info so DX50 can sort them out properly. Same with cover art. It must exist in the file not just in iTunes.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #7,182 of 18,652
Mine goes for 14.5 hours. The battery leaks a lot when you are not using it. 

That's quite a difference as mine clocked in at about 9 hours just leaving it burning in with some mp3 file with volume at 175. Runs a little warm too when placed inside the provided pouch while playing Do you think I have a battery issue then. Thanks.

Nov 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #7,183 of 18,652
Just a quick question about the music library on the dx50. I'm coming from an ipod classic and was able to play a particular 'Artist' and/or 'Album', which appears is what many of you do with the dx50. I was wondering if you can choose 'Songs', which will play all the songs loaded on the player (listed alphabetically)? That's how I usually listened to my ipod.

BTW, my 9th Batch dx50 shipped today from ibasso and I'm just preparing my music for it.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #7,184 of 18,652
I am curious though as to how all your material showed up fine including the cover art and proper order because mine did not and I did exactly what you suggested.

One thing the Dx50 showed me is to be better organized.

I don't really know how iTunes tags the files but I do what another poster mentioned which is to import items into iTunes and let it manage the iTunes music folder.  In the Advanced Preferences section, you check the "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" options.  I do randomly loose some artwork and iTunes match changes artwork sometimes as I've seen a few different versions show up.  You can edit some metadata in iTunes and manage multiple items at once although I haven't felt a need to yet.

Just a quick question about the music library on the dx50. I'm coming from an ipod classic and was able to play a particular 'Artist' and/or 'Album', which appears is what many of you do with the dx50. I was wondering if you can choose 'Songs', which will play all the songs loaded on the player (listed alphabetically)? That's how I usually listened to my ipod.

BTW, my 9th Batch dx50 shipped today from ibasso and I'm just preparing my music for it.

Yes, you can do this.  There is a "All Music" option that lists all songs. You can then sort by album, artist etc. 
Edit: maybe not alphabetically but sorted by album etc.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #7,185 of 18,652
Does anybody know a source for a coax jumper? I want to stack my DX50 with the D12 and hate the big loop the stock cable leaves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back