The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #6,166 of 18,652
New rig!

DX50 (1.2.3b) --> coaxial --> Fiio E17  --> Fiio E09K --> Beyer DT1350

It's strange that the treble "distortion" (to me) seems improved after I flash it back to 1.2.2, and then to 1.2.3b again.
Human brain is magic. lol

Of course this rig is not portable and is intended to pair with yet-to-come Beyer T90. :beyersmile:  

Who cares about portability? That's a great desktop combo.

I have let go the transport route for now until the Leckerton UHA 760 with coax is going to be out so for now my trusted intruder plugged to my icon2 will do. :)

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #6,167 of 18,652
If you intend to use a film cap, you'll have to remember those have lower capacitance than the oxycaps which will require sizes that won't fit in the enclosure. If you need to maintain the same capacitance and space, the oxycaps are your only choice. I do not include any other materials that would require a smaller package size as there are not that many. If you really want to try the film type and you don't mind having a lower capacitance, the Kemet is a better choice than Wima.

As I have mentioned, I'll going for a bypass mod (keeping the old caps but bypass it with new caps), so capacitance is not an issue.

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #6,168 of 18,652
As I have mentioned, I'll going for a bypass mod (keeping the old caps but bypass it with new caps), so capacitance is not an issue.

Sorry but it's going to be thigh in there, you won't be able to do bypasses in this cramped area and I soldered enough Wima to know you'll need an external enclosure to house them but if you ever fit them in there please take a good camera shot and share with all of us! :beerchug:

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #6,169 of 18,652
Sorry but it's going to be thigh in there, you won't be able to do bypasses in this cramped area and I soldered enough Wima to know you'll need an external enclosure to house them but if you ever fit them in there please take a good camera shot and share with all of us!
beerchug.gif

Well, it is all on the paper for now. Of course I'll look into the issue once I actually have the player with me. If I like it enough I might not even want to mod it.
biggrin.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #6,170 of 18,652
Who cares about portability? That's a great desktop combo.

I have let go the transport route for now until the Leckerton UHA 760 with coax is going to be out so for now my trusted intruder plugged to my icon2 will do.
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha! I bought DX50 for a player that has decent amp so I don't need to bundle another amp with it.
(was using Cowon J3)
I'm just testing if the DX50 coaxial works, not intent to use it like this in the long run.

That E17 was my first attempt as a portable amp, but ended up working as USB DAC most of the time.
In this case adding an E09K is good to use E17 to the fullest. 
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #6,172 of 18,652
The DX50 has done the permanent (except recovery menu) iBasso loading screen glitch again, after scanning files. I realise I'm using a beta firmware so I'll wait to see if it's fixed in the proper firmware update this week. If not, then I'll complain.

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #6,174 of 18,652
  iBasso are good communicators with answers to questions. Prompt and personalised. Thought some might be interested to my questions and their responses...

The numbered points are my original questions. The hyphen points their responses and the Red my comment in reply.

Subject: iBasso Audio

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
1. Please add a ##% to the battery meter like shown in your device images on the product page.
-----We dont have a good solution for % battery meter.  We tried this on the DX100, but it doesnt work well.
Understand… I have a DX100 as well, but feel it is still better than just the battery graphic. I do realise that battery life is getting a lot of comment on Head-Fi.

2. Please add the Track number of available tracks. Eg for an Album with 12 tracks it would show 1/12 for the first track, 2/12 for the second and so on. 
-----We will consider this in the future firmware update.
That would be great. Knowing how many tracks to go in a playlist/album is very useful. At present, if you go back to My Music you can get an idea but if you browse another album or directory then go Home to the playback page you lose track of where you are up to.

3. Can the resolution of album art be improved? I don't think images display in the native resolution.
------The album art has to be re-sized to fit the DX50. 
 As you can see, the space for the album art in the DX50 is very limited.
Not an issue, just would look nicer.

4. The Gapless indicator seems to have disappeared from the status bar on this version 1.2.3.
----There is not gapless indicator in the previous firmware.
Sorry! Got my DAPs mixed up. I showed on my recently sold AK100 and got the two UIs confused. No need to implement IMO.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

I love how iBasso is so responsive to us, a lot of bigger companys could care less

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #6,176 of 18,652
I'm in the same boat. They say they haven't gotten their shipment from ibasso yet, and they'll ship it out when they do. Of course, I can still cancel my order before they do ship, but I'll give them another week before possibly exercising that option.

got a message they expect to receive DX50 on November 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back