The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #5,896 of 18,652
  I upgraded to this 1.2.3 beta, though obviously I should not have.  It initially seemed like all was good, did the factory reset afterwards and let it scan the media.  Then I touched the volume control and then it like crashed.  Now it boots to the ibasso screen and sits there flickering, and it won't boot to the recovery screen either.  It's fubar now.

No no, it did the same thing for me, I raised the volume quickly and it just went into a frenzy, rebooted. Then I did a factory reset and it went back to normal. Just do that, follow the same instructions I provided above and you'll be fine.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #5,897 of 18,652
It works now got 1.2.3 running and scanning media now.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #5,898 of 18,652

Keep trying, eventually you'll get into recovery mode. Take the sd card out, shutdown the dap by hitting the power on button for a long time until it shuts down. Then hit the power on and volume + button together at the same time for at least 4 seconds and you should get into the hardware recovery screen. There just follow the instructions to do a factory reset.

Thanks for the help

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #5,899 of 18,652
  No no, it did the same thing for me, I raised the volume quickly and it just went into a frenzy, rebooted. Then I did a factory reset and it went back to normal. Just do that, follow the same instructions I provided above and you'll be fine.

I don't know how to get it to initial another factory reset, I can't get it to show the recovery screen at all.  It either boots to a black screen, or boots to the ibasso audio logo screen and flickers.  I am going to downgrade back to 1.2.2 if I can ever get to the recovery menu, which appears broken now.  

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #5,900 of 18,652

I don't know how to get it to initial another factory reset, I can't get it to show the recovery screen at all.  It either boots to a black screen, or boots to the ibasso audio logo screen and flickers.  I am going to downgrade back to 1.2.2 if I can ever get to the recovery menu, which appears broken now.  

stupid question...did u try to take away battery ?

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #5,906 of 18,652
So i just connected my DX50 to my comp for the first time, and I see the only folder on there called ".album_img"

Looks like it had cover art for all my old stuff that was on my sdcard (which isn't in the DX50 right now). I am going to format my sdcard and put totally different music on it, my questions is - Can I delete this folder and will the DX50 automatically recreate it when it scans my new songs that I am putting on the sdcard?

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #5,907 of 18,652
Best sound from frimware beta 1.2.3 
High is clear ,airy, instruments separation is better, overall its better then 1.2.2
etysmile.gif
​ media scanning is lot faster
Sounds more headphone like hd800 With akg k3003
L3000.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM Post #5,908 of 18,652
So i just connected my DX50 to my comp for the first time, and I see the only folder on there called ".album_img"

Looks like it had cover art for all my old stuff that was on my sdcard (which isn't in the DX50 right now). I am going to format my sdcard and put totally different music on it, my questions is - Can I delete this folder and will the DX50 automatically recreate it when it scans my new songs that I am putting on the sdcard?

The answer apparently is yes, once you insert the card and it will prompt you to scan, select scan and let it go for 20 to 30 minutes at the most for a 64gb full card and it should delete that folder content and replace it with your new card song references.

I did delete mine before because I did not follow the two insertion rule Sorensiim mentioned.

Apparently when you insert the card twice, it will delete the content and replace it with the new songs.

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #5,909 of 18,652
Please anyone having Questions about the DX50 operations or reset info or else, refer to our good friend Sorensiim DX50 FAQ page. A lot of your questions can be answered from there and if it can't just go and add any missing info. This is a collective area for DX50 owners to get acquainted with the power and beauty of their DX50 dap.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx50-faq

Nov 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #5,910 of 18,652
Dear Ibasso dont change the sound signature, its perfect now,i am loving it.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back