The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #5,881 of 18,652
  I am back in business, and it works great. The sound changed again, it is brighter and extremely detailed. The bass is thunderous. God I love the sound. I can't believe that a simple firmware can tune the sound like this. I have no problems so far and it plays beautifully. Who wants to join?

It is loud on the line out, wow have they touched it? I am excited again!
basshead.gif

I took my amp out of the stack, it is just so loud, no need to drive the headphones.

By the way if you do a factory reset from the recovery mode screen, the update.img file gets automatically deleted and not through the dap factory reset menu. Something to keep in mind so you won't have to worry about deleting the file. Last, make sure you let the scanning job do its complete scan, else you'll have some weird behavior and missing file references from the dap database.

Ok I am off, good luck if you go ahead and try the beta, but so far I find no differences in bad behaviors compared to 1.2.2 so it has to be an improvement. I certainly like the sound.

Hi,

In first i want to thank everyone in this thread, very interesting and helpful...

With 1.2.2 firmware my  player was freezing very often. I'm listenning only flac files, very serious with my tags, but many times when i'm changing of directory and selecting a new music, it stops "media scanning" and i have to reboot...

I'm using 1.2.3 since 1 hour and no freeze at all.

Other thing, i was very disapointed about sound, it sounded too flat for me... In comparison of my X3, like something in sound was lacking. (sorry i'm french and it's hard for me to explain). But with 1.2.3, sound seems more punchy, detailed and warm...

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #5,882 of 18,652
I didn't feel a great change from 1.2.2, it does sound a little louder though... but at least reads all of my music now, deleting the .lua and the .m3u files only fixed 2 out of 3 records which had issues. But so far, with 3 of my headphones, i haven't heard that big of a difference in SQ coming from 1.2.2...

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #5,883 of 18,652
I didn't feel a great change from 1.2.2, it does sound a little louder though... but at least reads all of my music now, deleting the .lua and the .m3u files only fixed 2 out of 3 records which had issues. But so far, with 3 of my headphones, i haven't heard that big of a difference in SQ coming from 1.2.2...

Thanks I might find similar results when I use my Sennheiser HD600, I kind a forgot how it sounds but it'll come back.

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #5,884 of 18,652
I guess I have to give the beta firmware a spin, even after holding out on it all day 
smile.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #5,885 of 18,652
  I guess I have to give the beta firmware a spin, even after holding out on it all day 
smile.gif

1.2.3 has made me change my mind about passing the dx50 to a family member of mine. Finally made it usable for me.

For now, my modded and rockboxed d2+ can finally retire. That's quite an achievement since even the ak100 didn't quite tempt me.lol

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #5,887 of 18,652
Warmer sound to my ear, working fine and I rescanned a 32gb and it took an astounding 2 minutes. I thought it had not really scanned the card, but it did. 

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #5,888 of 18,652
1.2.3 has made me change my mind about passing the dx50 to a family member of mine. Finally made it usable for me.

For now, my modded and rockboxed d2+ can finally retire. That's quite an achievement since even the ak100 didn't quite tempt me.lol

The RWAK120-B now that's a fire power with balanced output, the only problem $$$$ not so with the DX50! :wink:

Nov 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #5,889 of 18,652
I just connected my DX50 firmware 1.2.3 with my Pico amp right on my old Icon2 NuForce system and the whole room is shaking, what an amazing dap!!! They have opened up the bass line, now it starts sounding like a real wolfson.  I am not kidding I am hearing frequencies I though were never there and it is loooowwww.

What are they gonna do next? I think they hit the nail on the head with this new firmware, I think they have declared a winner and now there is no way back.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #5,890 of 18,652
  I just connected my DX50 firmware 1.2.3 with my Pico amp right on my old Icon2 NuForce system and the whole room is shaking, what an amazing dap!!! They have opened up the bass line, now it starts sounding like a real wolfson.  I am not kidding I am hearing frequencies I though were never there and it is loooowwww.

Agree...there are more very low bass...
at last Meshuggah sounds good... 

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #5,891 of 18,652
I tried to update to 1.2.3 but it failed and it now won't get pass the initial iBasso Audio screen, volume up and power at the same time doesn't help, it just resets and goes back to the iBasso Audio initial screen again. Any help is appreciated.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #5,892 of 18,652
  I tried to update to 1.2.3 but it failed and it now won't get pass the initial iBasso Audio screen, volume up and power at the same time doesn't help, it just resets and goes back to the iBasso Audio initial screen again. Any help is appreciated.

Scratch that it rebooted after trying a few times

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #5,893 of 18,652

Keep trying, eventually you'll get into recovery mode. Take the sd card out, shutdown the dap by hitting the power on button for a long time until it shuts down. Then hit the power on and volume + button together at the same time for at least 4 seconds and you should get into the hardware recovery screen. There just follow the instructions to do a factory reset.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #5,894 of 18,652
I upgraded to this 1.2.3 beta, though obviously I should not have.  It initially seemed like all was good, did the factory reset afterwards and let it scan the media.  Then I touched the volume control and then it like crashed.  Now it boots to the ibasso screen and sits there flickering, and it won't boot to the recovery screen either.  It's fubar now.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #5,895 of 18,652
I am listening to EDM music and that sounds awesome, the bass is just incredible, I haven't heard anything like this until now. The beauty of it is they have not changed the rest of the frequency range, the mids are still delicious and the highs are not as bright anymore but not recessed either. It never sounded that great until this new firmware came out, I think I am in love lol. iBasso, congrats, it's a clear winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back