The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #5,256 of 18,652
The only "barrier" I have with this player is that even when playing from file browsing mode it will try to scan the files into library... And that still has some issues with really long file names... The good thing about X3 is that it decouples the two... Like i am more of a folder/file browsing album person rather than a playlist person..
In ideal case, I should not need to worry about library scanning especially when i change sd card quite often... And that i dont need to constantly hoping the next firmware upgrade can solve my issues... In an ideal world that is...

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #5,257 of 18,652
Disagree. Second batch here, from 1.00 it's worked fine for me, with some bugs here and there. nothing "horrible" or game breaking. this is all par for the course in my experience with niche electronics, including other Asian corps like iRiver, Cowon, etc..... 

Lucky you, I hope I don't encounter the annoying issues others have reported.

Oct 28, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #5,258 of 18,652

The only "barrier" I have with this player is that even when playing from file browsing mode it will try to scan the files into library... And that still has some issues with really long file names... The good thing about X3 is that it decouples the two... Like i am more of a folder/file browsing album person rather than a playlist person..

In ideal case, I should not need to worry about library scanning especially when i change sd card quite often... And that i dont need to constantly hoping the next firmware upgrade can solve my issues... In an ideal world that is...

Agreed. Decoupling the two modes would be an improvement.

Overall I think that the interface is very good.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #5,260 of 18,652

hhmmmm...i was actually thinking of this, but maybe you need to upgrade incrementally and not jump to the latest firmware. if you're up for it, move back to 1.1.6, then flash it with 1.2.0 then 1.2.2.

Thanks kakabayan :) will try downgrading hopefully it would not freeze at "system update" or system check.

I have downloaded 1.2.0 early this morning, I'll download 1.1.6 later.

Oct 28, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #5,262 of 18,652
  That looks really nice but maybe a shorter IC cable is what you need?

Thanks. That is a ten year old Headroom issue Cardas 6" IC, one of my very first 'high end audio' purchases. (It predates my joining Head-Fi). It is now sent into pretzel duty until I can get something more appropriate. Actually it works pretty well - it has a nice low profile.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #5,263 of 18,652

Thanks. That is a ten year old Headroom issue Cardas 6" IC, one of my very first 'high end audio' purchases. (It predates my joining Head-Fi). It is now sent into pretzel duty until I can get something more appropriate. Actually it works pretty well - it has a nice low profile.

Yep, after all those bending all, it works fine apparently. I love that Pico Power. If there is one amp that will prevent me going down to the balanced setup road, it is probably the Pico Power.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #5,264 of 18,652
^ It is a beauty. I will post some comparative impressions of the DX50 with the Quickstep and Pico Power down the road. I need some more listening time. There are definite differences but it is also fair to say that you cannot go wrong with either combination.

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #5,265 of 18,652
  ^ It is a beauty. I will post some comparative impressions of the DX50 with the Quickstep and Pico Power down the road. I need some more listening time. There are definite differences but it is also fair to say that you cannot go wrong with either combination.

I would be interested about that comparison. Also we can do a trio: Quickstep, Pico Power, AHA-120. These are kind of single ended amp leaders. If I am not gonna go down to RSA balanced setups, probably one of them (most likely P. Power) will stop me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back