The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 22, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #2,461 of 18,652
Nice! Just out of curiosity is that an old backgammon case?

Yes! Yes it is! That's what's it called! I just called it a Poker set box because I didn't know what it was exactly..

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #2,462 of 18,652
Where did you hear that? I prefer BAs to dynamic drivers for mids and treble, but I do sometimes like a dynamic driver bass more. 
They are great and based on the very popular TWFK drivers. After my experience with the B2s (I thought that they were good at the time), I promised to never listen to another TWFK, but I listened to this at the NM and I was really impressed. I asked Billy about it and he told me that it was a TWFK and I was quite shocked.
Imagine a less harsh and more bassy B2/DBA-02 with the same detail and separation and you have the AX7s. They are the best built TWFK driver IEMs, having a metal housing and have a nice copper/silver cable.
It also has a pair of treble filters if you like a more "traditional" TWFK sound. 

Okay, it might not have been you, or I might have misread. My apologies.

Anyways, onto the AX7, I also heard from Billy it was running the infamous TWFK. With your description of its sound, that indeed, sounds like it would sound like a dreamy Knowles' drivers IEM - not too harsh, but just right. Luckily, I've heard the DBA, so I kinda understand what you're getting at. :)

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #2,464 of 18,652
Okay, it might not have been you, or I might have misread. My apologies.

Anyways, onto the AX7, I also heard from Billy it was running the infamous TWFK. With your description of its sound, that indeed, sounds like it would sound like a dreamy Knowles' drivers IEM - not too harsh, but just right. Luckily, I've heard the DBA, so I kinda understand what you're getting at.
smily_headphones1.gif

You should try it sometime. 
I heard it and bought it straight away! A bargain at $189 really. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #2,465 of 18,652
You should try it sometime. 
I heard it and bought it straight away! A bargain at $189 really. 

I shall!

Let's hope you don't regret it any time soon. :wink:

EDIT: Fear not, we won't derail the thread anymore.

Sep 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2,466 of 18,652
  Hello

Albums artwork are not being transferred into the player.  These are CD ripped to my media player. They are wave files being moved into the player.

Can anybody assist?

Thanks

Don't think we can embed album art onto .WAV files themselves and the DX50 only support artwork that is embedded into the files.
Maybe in future firmware they can add support to read .GIF or .JPG inside the file folder for file types that don't support embedded images like the .WAV

Or you can convert the files into FLAC which support embedded artwork.

Sep 22, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #2,467 of 18,652

Yes. Their cable is simply a piece of art unlike some other maker who tells you their cable is art
wink.gif

Heard they need to relaunch under a new name so I suspect some trademark infringement issues....

That's my understanding as well....Let's hope Trevor comes back stronger than ever and hopefully with some IEM cables that were supposedly in the works. To keep it on topic, that would be a fantastic cable to use with the DX50!

Keep the dream alive:

Thanks! And I never knew that sort of material was called "corduroy".

I suppose we all learn something new everyday.
smily_headphones1.gif

You don't remember the 70's do you? 
tongue.gif
 Corduroy pants = not stealth. Anybody could hear you coming. 

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #2,468 of 18,652
Hmm could it be that the battery indicator is acting a bit weird?
My DX50 had been running for 13 hours straight (burn-in blablabla) and last time I checked, the indicator showed me that it is still 50% charged.
Ten minutes later and my unit shuts off because it ran out of battery.
No, it wasn't just a random crash. When I tried to turn it back on again, the indicator showed that the battery is 100% empty.
Charging it right now.

Did anyone else observed this "bug"?

Sep 22, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #2,469 of 18,652

My DX50 had been running for 13 hours straight (burn-in blablabla) and last time I checked, the indicator showed me that it is still 50% charged.

No, it wasn't just a random crash. When I tried to turn it back on again, the indicator showed that the battery is 100% empty.

Charging it right now.

it may have to do with calibration of the battery.

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #2,470 of 18,652

Charging it right now.

It's so unpredictable, last night it looks like I had 50% charge then all of a sudden constant restart. I moved my spare battery back in and it was good to go. A percentage indicator would be quite welcome, as long as it is indicating the right level.

In my case I can't even keep it on long enough to see the 100% empty, now that I think of it I have never seen it showing any other statuses (like the iPod with the battery indicator turning red).

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #2,471 of 18,652
Email iBasso.

Sep 22, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,472 of 18,652
It's so unpredictable, last night it looks like I had 50% charge then all of a sudden constant restart. I moved my spare battery back in and it was good to go. A percentage indicator would be quite welcome, as long as it is indicating the right level.

In my case I can't even keep it on long enough to see the 100% empty, now that I think of it I have never seen it showing any other statuses (like the iPod with the battery indicator turning red).

That's why it's called DX50. LOL.

Sep 22, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2,474 of 18,652
Is there a direct comparison between DX50 and AK100 somewhere?

Thing is, that I listened them both for a very short amount of time (my DX50 went to my friends hands for a while) and when paired with my Heir Audio 8.A my observations are:

- DX50 has smoother highs than AK100
- DX50 is more natural sounding
- DX50 has treble a bit rolled of (compared to the one from AK100 that is)

FW was 1.1.6.

To be honest there were moments when AK100 was a bit sharp (hard to believe, as 8.A is very smooth sopunding CIEM), while nothing like that has happened with DX50. But as I wrote above, my listening was very brief, that's why I'd appreciate if someone could dirtect me to DX50 and AK100 comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back