The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2,341 of 18,652
it should only actually scan once. after that first time it just asks if you want to scan every time you turn it on but you just decline if you have not added more music.

There's actually no chance to decline, it goes into media scanning for a few seconds then stops

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM Post #2,344 of 18,652

There's actually no chance to decline, it goes into media scanning for a few seconds then stops

Mine does the same.

It boots up to the select screen (browse files / scan card) then scans quickly for about 1-2 seconds before going back to the select screen.

It just appears the boot up process to me, like it background checks to see if there's new media.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #2,345 of 18,652
I was looking at the coax cable that came with my DX50, but I'm not quite surwhow to use it to it's full potential.

Can anyone fill me in as to how a coax works?

Coax out is the output that bypass the dx50 dac and amp, it encodes your music files in spdif format. As a result, you will need an external dac that can perform the digital to analog conversion.
For portable use, you can try the ibassp d12 which is equipped with two 8740 chips and support opamp rolling.
For transportable use, you can try the ibasso db2/pb2 combo which is a fully balance setup that has amazing power.
I tried db2 and the sound stage becomes bigger but will not intend to use it just bcos it is too bulky to carry over the weekend...
Until the dx50 becomes more stable, my only trusty portable dap is my modded x3 which allows me to listen to music continuously... And minus the hassle off retagging...

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #2,346 of 18,652
Coax out is the output that bypass the dx50 dac and amp, it encodes your music files in spdif format. As a result, you will need an external dac that can perform the digital to analog conversion.
For portable use, you can try the ibassp d12 which is equipped with two 8740 chips and support opamp rolling.
For transportable use, you can try the ibasso db2/pb2 combo which is a fully balance setup that has amazing power.
I tried db2 and the sound stage becomes bigger but will not intend to use it just bcos it is too bulky to carry over the weekend...
Until the dx50 becomes more stable, my only trusty portable dap is my modded x3 which allows me to listen to music continuously... And minus the hassle off retagging...

Interesting!

How large is the db2/pb2 combo?  (a photo would be great!) did you use a balanced cable terminated for ibasso?  It seems to use a different type of termination that is not very common.....
Been trying different amps for transportable use but haven't yet found anything that blow me away to increase the bulk and the db2/pb2 seems intriguing.

Btw I feel 1.1.6 is quite stable enough for me on daily use.

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #2,347 of 18,652

Ah, thanks for filling me in. I don't think it'll be a function I will need. :)

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #2,348 of 18,652
i used media monkey to add album artwork to my files on the sd card as well as some songs on the internal memory but when i started playing the songs the album art did not appear.

i removed the sd card and plugged it back in again, forcing a rescan and the album art on the sd card now appears..but those i added to the internal memory is still not showing. i guess i need to force the player to rescan the files before the artwork show but how can i do it on the internal memory? anyone have any idea? 

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #2,349 of 18,652
smile.gif
Quote:
  i used media monkey to add album artwork to my files on the sd card as well as some songs on the internal memory but when i started playing the songs the album art did not appear.

i removed the sd card and plugged it back in again, forcing a rescan and the album art on the sd card now appears..but those i added to the internal memory is still not showing. i guess i need to force the player to rescan the files before the artwork show but how can i do it on the internal memory? anyone have any idea? 

Had the same problem... I think I solved that by removing the SD card from the player, removing everything from the internal memory, and turn on the player so it would rescan and destroy its current database (and it takes time, it's not immediate). Then you reinstall the files in the internal memory, put in the the SD, wait patiently, and after the scan the database should be correct. If not, you could also add a factory reset in there, just to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately, that I know of, there is no command to FORCE a rescan of the internal memory, the player does that only if it detects a change in the actual files (not in their tags)... this might mean that you could also simply take out the files whose album art you want updated, have the DX50 realize they are not there by turning it on and wait for the media scanning, then put them back on - it might work, but I did not try that (and unless there's just a few files, it might take more time to select the files to take out and put back in than simply replace everything 
smile.gif
 ) ...

A command to FORCE a rescan of the internal memory would be very nice. As would one to force a scan of anything connected through the OTG (right now, the scan/browse option only applies to the microSD card, I think).

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #2,350 of 18,652
anyone notice the clicking noise when playing 24/192 flac ?

Yes, I hope the next firmware update fixes this. It's most annoying.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #2,351 of 18,652

Had the same problem... I think I solved that by removing the SD card from the player, removing everything from the internal memory, and turn on the player so it would rescan and destroy its current database (and it takes time, it's not immediate). Then you reinstall the files in the internal memory, put in the the SD, wait patiently, and after the scan the database should be correct. If not, you could also add a factory reset in there, just to be on the safe side.

Unfortunately, that I know of, there is no command to FORCE a rescan of the internal memory, the player does that only if it detects a change in the actual files (not in their tags)... this might mean that you could also simply take out the files whose album art you want updated, have the DX50 realize they are not there by turning it on and wait for the media scanning, then put them back on - it might work, but I did not try that (and unless there's just a few files, it might take more time to select the files to take out and put back in than simply replace everything 
smile.gif
 ) ...

A command to FORCE a rescan of the internal memory would be very nice. As would one to force a scan of anything connected through the OTG (right now, the scan/browse option only applies to the microSD card, I think).

i ended up copying everything to the sd card for now...i realize it might not be a good idea to put anything into the internal memory now because it gets wiped after every firmware update and we should be expecting a few more updates to come.

Sep 21, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #2,352 of 18,652
How large is the db2/pb2 combo?  (a photo would be great!)

Hi kkcc, it is crazily big... U can see the photo here (not mine)

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1534345

I am also trying different earphone to conclude which is the best for dx50...

Sep 21, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #2,353 of 18,652
Hi kkcc, it is crazily big... U can see the photo here (not mine)

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1534345

I am also trying different earphone to conclude which is the best for dx50...

Thanks!  Need to find a demo to listen to... may look better if it's all black and with some right-angle connectors... that stack is not too appealing.  Don't mind size as this would not be for on-to-go use.

For IEMs I find myself reaching for the RE600 and the 1plus2 the most these couple weeks I have with DX50.  1PLUS2 has an especially nice synergy with it on mid gain.  The sound is so transparent yet rich and full.  I like this paring more than the 1PLUS2 with AK120.  

Sep 21, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #2,355 of 18,652
So I finally figured out what is wrong with my dx50 - the screen is faulty. It goes blank on startup but I can press play and music will start playing. How pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back