The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #2,147 of 18,652
  Hello

I picked the player and have been loading tracks/albums. However, although
all the tracks are in the directory some will not play. I have tried to rename
them taking out the . , - ( ) etc and some still will not play. Can you assist.
Will the latest download 1.1.6 solve this. Please instruct me how to do this.

In addition, I tried to move albums from my media player without success.
I assume that they have to be folder.

I does sound great but this is frustrating.

Download the latest update and read the included readme.txt - It tells you how to perform the upgrad and that yes, that bug is fixed.

Sep 19, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #2,148 of 18,652
Hey. Jokes aside, I have posted a working method to flash the firmware with the file loaded on a microSD card. More convenient I think, and the flashing process went smoothly. Updated in under 2 minutes. Can check it out at http://www.head-fi.org/t/680472/dx50-bug-list-wish-list-fix/420_30#post_9816949.

Well you learn a new thing once in a while, like they say if it works then why not!
beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #2,150 of 18,652
Well, enjoying the DX50 mostly .. but one problem is still troubling me.. have loaded several albums to the internal storage and I can see them in album and directory view but they will not play when I select them from either view??  I see that most people talk about the scanning process and I am wondering if there is a way to force the scanning and see if that is the solution??

Help a newbie if you can

Thanks
Don J

Firmware is at 1.16.. loaded that immediately after unboxing so all music was loaded after the update was finished

Sep 19, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #2,151 of 18,652
I must have crap ears, I can hardly tell the difference with all my IEMs between using an amp and not using an amp with the DX50. It's a difference for headphones though

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:35 PM Post #2,153 of 18,652
  Well, enjoying the DX50 mostly .. but one problem is still troubling me.. have loaded several albums to the internal storage and I can see them in album and directory view but they will not play when I select them from either view??  I see that most people talk about the scanning process and I am wondering if there is a way to force the scanning and see if that is the solution??

Help a newbie if you can

Thanks
Don J

Firmware is at 1.16.. loaded that immediately after unboxing so all music was loaded after the update was finished

If you're not using an external card you don't need to scan. They should be available when you browse files and choose internal storage.

Sep 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2,154 of 18,652
Just in case it wasn't obvious, I really was kidding about the 255 high gain nonsense. Cheers :)

The problem is a newbie could come on here and read that post and believe that's what you're supposed to do so that's not cool.

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #2,156 of 18,652
Report:

iBasso DX50 1.1.6 Firmware.

I hear hiss with my Fitear 111, very low, like gain-sound from an amp, but very low, my jdslab cmoy even sound more worse than this, so I think its normal, BUT it will be better if the hiss gone and the player dead silent, LOL.

I love the screen, when I push the button the screen don't turn on, like other android device, it only on when you push the power button. I think its great, don't drain the battery while you change the track.

the player don't stop playing when I pull the plug.

the player had "delete" option.

and hey, its play *aiff files too, but don't show the album picture.

its sound farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than my ipod classic 6g.

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #2,157 of 18,652
Because DX50 has a very good internal amp inside:) So no need extra amp for a lot of phones.

Why do I see lots of pictures of people with external amps attached to the dx50 running IEMs. I see no point at all

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #2,158 of 18,652
Report:

iBasso DX50 1.1.6 Firmware.

I hear hiss with my Fitear 111, very low, like gain-sound from an amp, but very low, my jdslab cmoy even sound more worse than this, so I think its normal, BUT it will be better if the hiss gone and the player dead silent, LOL.

I love the screen, when I push the button the screen don't turn on, like other android device, it only on when you push the power button. I think its great, don't drain the battery while you change the track.

the player don't stop playing when I pull the plug.

the player don't have "delete" option.

and hey, its play *aiff files too, but don't show the album picture.

its sound farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr better than my ipod classic 6g.

There is a "delete" shown in the context menu when you press on the file artwork placeholder.

Sep 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #2,159 of 18,652
Why do I see lots of pictures of people with external amps attached to the dx50 running IEMs. I see no point at all

To give the desired flavor. Maybe the amps they are using are better than the DX50s internal amp sections as well which in turn improves the sound quality. If their IEMs are resolving enough to scale up even higher than the provided amp section. I see no reason not to. But it does defeat the purpose of the unit being portable and that I can agree on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back