The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #1,816 of 18,652
Just sent my unit back. Just the unit without batteries and accessories. They're sending me a new one at the same time, I just had to send them a pic of my receipt of shipment. 

I had a lot of hissing, very noticeable hissing, with my JH163A FP. What's more strange is, there was more hiss in low gain than mid or high gain, though the gain was working correctly. Many people suggested I got a defective unit so I contacted iBasso and got a fast response with instructions on what to do. Good thing they're sending me a brand new unit at the same time.

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #1,817 of 18,652
I would of added IEM's in the picture, only they haven't left my ears since it arrived. :gs1000smile:

Now I must rush to the post office as I have two units and one needs to go express to a friend so I will report in later. So far though I am very pleased with the sound,using T-Peos H-200. I had no UI problems, my album art is showing, all 16/44 FLACS playing I've tried. The only concern for me was my 32GB card took a fair while to scan on the initial boot, but all seems well.

Very pleased!!

Howd you get yours so quick?!

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #1,818 of 18,652
 This player sounds freaking sweet and blows any mainstream player on the market.

Digitalfreak, that is a feature I think a whole lot of people would be happy to pay for. 

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #1,819 of 18,652
Not against the venerable imod....
bigsmile_face.gif

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,822 of 18,652
Hmm ok thank you for your advice :) I was planning to use the ibasso dx50 > HD 25 in my portable setup and now I know I won't have to pay any more cash.

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #1,823 of 18,652
  Hello

I have asked this question earlier but got no information. When I connect the player to my laptop does an icon appear on the desk top as an external drive
and I can drop and drop albums/tracks or do I have to go into my control panel and locate it there under devices and printers. I am expected mine any day
now and would like to be prepared.

Thanks

Ian

it's a mass storage class drive, the internal and external (SD card) storage appearing separately in Explorer like any USB drive

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #1,824 of 18,652
I had a lot of hissing, very noticeable hissing, with my JH163A FP. What's more strange is, there was more hiss in low gain than mid or high gain, though the gain was working correctly. Many people suggested I got a defective unit

There is noticeable hiss on my DX50 as well. Consistent hiss, louder on low gain compared to mid and high gain. The hiss on mid is almost comparable to the very low level detected on high. Low gain has a hiss about twice the amount. However, even with my best effort, the hiss quickly becomes unnoticeable once there is music playing.

I do wish that there is no hiss when no music is playing. Hiss is rather annoying, but thankfully it is something I can bear with since the hiss becomes unnoticeable once there is music. Hopefully firmware updates can fix it, but I am doubtful there will be any improvement. Don't think a change to a new unit will help with the hiss, but if it does, do let me know!,

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #1,827 of 18,652
Here's a suggestion for you.......
Look into the ignore option and use it to block my posts and you won't be bugged by any of my posts anymore. You only had to read the added edit entry at the end of my post to see I found the answer to my question myself using those exact search tools you're talking about. I suggest you please not be so rude in future because it can get you into a lot of trouble fast with the wrong people.
Have a nice life

(Gives you the talk to the hand motion as I walk away)

No need to be testy... But in fact reread your edit. You asked a further question and that is what I was referring to. I was not rude and I am having a very nice life thank you. :rolleyes:

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #1,828 of 18,652
There is noticeable hiss on my DX50 as well. Consistent hiss, louder on low gain compared to mid and high gain. The hiss on mid is almost comparable to the very low level detected on high. Low gain has a hiss about twice the amount. However, even with my best effort, the hiss quickly becomes unnoticeable once there is music playing.

I do wish that there is no hiss when no music is playing. Hiss is rather annoying, but thankfully it is something I can bear with since the hiss becomes unnoticeable once there is music. Hopefully firmware updates can fix it, but I am doubtful there will be any improvement. Don't think a change to a new unit will help with the hiss, but if it does, do let me know!,

I was skeptical at first but many people claim I shouldn't have hiss with the JH16. I'm suspecting maybe the 3A cable or something, but doesn't hurt to test if it is defective or not. I wouldn't be able to live with the curiosity.
Background noise to me is noticeable even with music playing because I listen to a lot of jazz, vocals, and concertos. It's more of a feel rather than directly hearing it. I feel as though blacker background leads to cleaner, smoother playback.

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,829 of 18,652
Does anyone have a link to the current firmware update that is different from iBasso? I am trying to download theirs but it is very, very, very slow. It has taken an hour to get not even half way through the download and I have limited time on the computer. The new firmware will be out shortly also. 

Is the DX50 supposed to show up on the desk top when plugged into the USB? 

Jamato8, check this post out. 2 mirrors that worked last week.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/679473/ibasso-dx50-appreciation-thread-new-firmware-update-v1-1-5/1215#post_9798751

Sep 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #1,830 of 18,652
Background noise to me is noticeable even with music playing because I listen to a lot of jazz, vocals, and concertos. It's more of a feel rather than directly hearing it. I feel as though blacker background leads to cleaner, smoother playback.

I do hope a clearer background will result in a less veiled experience as well. That's one of the main reason why I listen on high gain, even though I find the sound a tiny bit more spacious on low gain at approximately the same volume.

The mid gain makes the bass noticeably more distinct and more upfront, but it is too much for my liking. High gain does seem to tighten the bass and produces a higher quality, more controlled bass than mid gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back