The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 27, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #121 of 12,991
Edit the post. Click the film icon in the post editor and put the url in there

Did you mod the drivers?

EDIT:
I just bumped you back a page so I'll embed it 

Meanwhile....that is so..

GHETTO!!!

Love it. They hit harder than Beats. I bought the damn things while the beats were around my neck.

May 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #123 of 12,991
Yep. That cup was modded. And, meanwhile, I took them apart last night to mod the other side, and I snapped the connector... Good thing I have a 2 year WalMart replacement plan! I might go and get a new one tonight... And I don't think I'll be taking them apart any more lol. Oh, and why isn't the XB1000 or the SZ1000 on the list???

May 27, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #124 of 12,991
LOL
It's headphones...I don't take it personal.
Yes the Edition 8's do have different ...um...personalities.

I'll change the name. The price to performance is way out of whack but the triple bass_____ <<whatever?? is clear. it amps and can hold pretty tight. I would not buy it but it's not "Hawaiibadboy's favorite cans"  it's just the hardest hitters on 2 distinct low freq intensive tracks. It may be about to fall off the list anyway but if anyone says it doesn't have good bass wasn't throwing hard sub slopes at it. They hit and go low. Too much bass for audiophiles for sure.

May 27, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #125 of 12,991
Yep. That cup was modded. And, meanwhile, I took them apart last night to mod the other side, and I snapped the connector... Good thing I have a 2 year WalMart replacement plan! I might go and get a new one tonight... And I don't think I'll be taking them apart any more lol. Oh, and why isn't the XB1000 or the SZ1000 on the list???

Dude..cool as ****!
I am tempted to mod the 77x in the same manner. Cover magnet/backingplate vent and open two opposing vents.

Sorry bout the breakage. Is that test cup the modified one?

The XB1000 is loud bass but impact...not on my settings. I'm open for a vid from cb though.
The sz1000?...I can only rank cans I have heard on my test rig. I actually heard the sz1000 playing some J pop but not on my amp. I dunno what they can do. I assume alot with a 55mm sub-woofer...I just have never tested one.

May 27, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #126 of 12,991
 Dude..cool as ****!
I am tempted to mod the 77x in the same manner. Cover magnet/backingplate vent and open two opposing vents.

Sorry bout the breakage. Is that test cup the modified one?
yep that's the modded one. No idea what would happen if 77's get modded that way though. You could try it.

May 28, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #127 of 12,991
G.E.T.O SZ's 

It is a sub....

Meanwhile this guy needs to come on over here
biggrin.gif

The water test...slo-mo is epic awesomeness

Same water test guy.

May 28, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #128 of 12,991

Modded the 77x
57mm drivers...I had to do it!
biggrin.gif

Plus using the sz 99.8% of the time made these dispensable.

If you own these and cannot afford the sz for now I would recommend this mod. If you want hammers with highs I would rec these cans and this mod
I just added +4dB at 45Hz.  That sounds like a little but these were already hammers...so that's a lot.

I will post a vid maybe tomorrow.

May 28, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #129 of 12,991
They slam MORE after the close up driver and open diaphragm mod???!!?? Awesome. It works on the 77's! Meanwhile, I'll be checking out JVC HA-RX700's because WalMart gave me a gift card since they don't stock the 55's... Maybe ha-rx900's if my parents shell out 20$. They have a 50mm driver, ring bass port (same as 77's and 55's.) 64ohms, 107db/mW, 1,500 mw max power input... Looks good so far. I'll get replacement pads for the 700's if I get those. The 700 pads look crappy. Otherwise, could be a fantastic basshead can with a little eq...

May 28, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #131 of 12,991
So, did the 77's regain their place?

May 28, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #133 of 12,991
Have you tried the ha-rx700's? I want to know if they are a plausible replacement to the 55's in terms of bass impact.

May 29, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #135 of 12,991

What CAN the cans do??

Using an inverted/hybrid subtractive eq....they can sometimes do a lot more in the low end
The Pioneer and other DJ headphones can benefit from leaving the lowest which is the highest boosted range on a regular eq and making it zero. (the new top of the ski jump) and minus the sliders down and down and back up. 

If 60Hz and 16K are  0dB/no gain in this image then it's close to what I'm talking about.
Nothing new to many but for getting the most bass while not wrecking the highs and the drivers...this works well on some DJ cans....enough to put em on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back