The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 15, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #3,573 of 12,992

So, I bought a pair of JVC HA-M55X for less than the cost of a pair of M55X replacement pads... $14.99
biggrin.gif

Pulled the HA-M55X pads off and spun them on to my SZ2000s without listening to the HA-M55X's for more than a couple of days.  (They sounded pretty good, but I was dismayed that they broke up and distorted at about 70% of what my Photive PH-BTX6 and JVC SZ2000s could handle!  (Not really too surprised by the SZ2000s, but the HA-M55X's handle less than the Photives?!?!  I was not expecting that!)

So...  SZ2000s with the M55X pads are SICK!  Nowhere near as comfortable as the super-comfy Brainwavz replacement pads I had on before, but they are bearable, and totally make the SZ2000 bass signature kick more abruptly than they did before.  (Which is high-praise since they were already far and away the hardest hitting bass cans I had ever heard.)

If you haven't gotten SZ2000s, and you LOVE BASS, and you can afford them, I recommend that you GET them!
If you get them, then get the M55X pads!  It's like the difference between a mustang with an in-line 6-cylinder, and a BOSS highline custom Shelby.  Both are TECHNICALLY Mustangs, but don't think they'll rank anywhere near each other on a test track.

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #3,575 of 12,992
If you haven't gotten SZ2000s, and you LOVE BASS, and you can afford them, I recommend that you GET them!
If you get them, then get the M55X pads!  It's like the difference between a mustang with an in-line 6-cylinder, and a BOSS highline custom Shelby.  Both are TECHNICALLY Mustangs, but don't think they'll rank anywhere near each other on a test track.

I think I gotta try these now at some point, I bought my friend a pair of the $50 Japanese only JVC headphones and they were praised for their bass, seems to be what JVC does best. I was pretty shocked at the price when I looked the sz2000s up, very reasonable!

I'm fine with my he-400s for now, it's the best of both worlds to me, strong and present bass with the benefits of planar drivers and wide open soundstage (and cups). Seems like the sz2000s might be a nice off pair to have! 

I considered the Denon D2000's to be bass kings for a while, i'm guessing these JVC cannons must be something special!

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #3,576 of 12,992
  I think I gotta try these now at some point, I bought my friend a pair of the $50 Japanese only JVC headphones and they were praised for their bass, seems to be what JVC does best. I was pretty shocked at the price when I looked the sz2000s up, very reasonable!

I'm fine with my he-400s for now, it's the best of both worlds to me, strong and present bass with the benefits of planar drivers and wide open soundstage (and cups). Seems like the sz2000s might be a nice off pair to have! 

I considered the Denon D2000's to be bass kings for a while, i'm guessing these JVC cannons must be something special!

@knorris908

I did a vid a while back....months back and said if anyone does anything other than what I do they will get different results.
Like baking a cake and changing the ingredients for no reason.

I'm glad you are seeing why they are ranked #1 in the world in that configuration and why nobody of any experience has challenged that list if they have tried the config. Most things in life are not so clear. The hardest hitters are. It's an amazing experience when tumed right and pushed to the edge but not to close.

3 songs in a row is max cuz you need a break. You grit your teeth without realizing and open and close your mouth and note the resonant change your skull provides to the bass hit.

Good fun! 

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #3,577 of 12,992

@knorris908

I did a vid a while back....months back and said if anyone does anything other than what I do they will get different results.
Like baking a cake and changing the ingredients for no reason.

I'm glad you are seeing why they are ranked #1 in the world in that configuration and why nobody of any experience has challenged that list if they have tried the config. Most things in life are not so clear. The hardest hitters are. It's an amazing experience when tumed right and pushed to the edge but not to close.

3 songs in a row is max cuz you need a break. You grit your teeth without realizing and open and close your mouth and note the resonant change your skull provides to the bass hit.

Good fun! 

A-men Brother! I am a convinced convert to the Church of "Blow $hit UP With BASS" 
biggrin.gif

I was in awe before, but now it borders on a religious experience.  As I mentioned earlier, I was saddened when my wife turned out to not be a basshead as previously believed.  She liked them A LOT, but just couldn't hang beyond a song or two, and then had a headache for the rest of the day.  I'm giving her the HA-HAM55X's since they have a similar signature to the SZ2000s when they are not under load or amped.  She can listen straight from her iPhone and be happy.  I have to reward her someway for being so patient with me! 

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #3,578 of 12,992
I think I may have a couple songs that could be used as bass testers for headphones.
Linkin park
  1. Wretches and kings
  2. Blackout
  3. When they come for me
Abandon All Ships
  1. Alive (1:21 is when the interesting part starts)
Memphis may fire
  1. I think almost all the songs could be fit as bass testers.

Also I'm looking for a portable amp for 30 bucks. I only need the amp for a little bit and just need it to amplify my headphones enough to get more bass out of my headphones.  I only will keep til I've got enough for a E12 or Cayin C5 amp.

Feb 17, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #3,579 of 12,992

Also I'm looking for a portable amp for 30 bucks. I only need the amp for a little bit and just need it to amplify my headphones enough to get more bass out of my headphones.  I only will keep til I've got enough for a E12 or Cayin C5 amp.

Don't waste your money on a $30 amp... just hold on till you can buy those other two options listed.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #3,582 of 12,992

Don't waste your money on a $30 amp... just hold on till you can buy those other two options listed.

Good advice

Quote:
  Is an mp3 player able to push the speakers in the sz2000 headphones. I only ask tgis because the sz2000s have 4 speakers in it and am unsure if my mp3 is enough for the headphones.

No way. My iopd makes the SZ sound like **** BIG time. I can understand why some might have not liked em cuz they did that. These need an amp to shine and the better the better. Save money. The bass will wait till you get there.

The Cayin ir really really nice for bass and making the SZ sound really nice.

Love that amp and @gikigill    told me so. You were right bro.

Feb 18, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #3,583 of 12,992
I've been going thru the videos on this thread and I was wondering which is the number one bass can? still the SZ2000s? Also which is the hardest hitting of them all?  I also took a paper bass test video of my JVC HA-MR55x headphones with my vector research desktop amplifier but i dont think i did it right... might not be able to post a vid till next week. also im looking for stores in the U.S. that have like headphones all over like the picture of the on in japan or wherever that was.
When your headphones make a crackling noise does that mean they are broken/distorting or is the distorting like a deep boom? i OWN HEARING AIDS SO IM NOT SURE IF my 1000$ hearing aids are breaking under the bass and high pitch the 60$ pair of headphones break.

Feb 18, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #3,584 of 12,992

So, I bought a pair of JVC HA-M55X for less than the cost of a pair of M55X replacement pads... $14.99
biggrin.gif

Pulled the HA-M55X pads off and spun them on to my SZ2000s without listening to the HA-M55X's for more than a couple of days.  (They sounded pretty good, but I was dismayed that they broke up and distorted at about 70% of what my Photive PH-BTX6 and JVC SZ2000s could handle!  (Not really too surprised by the SZ2000s, but the HA-M55X's handle less than the Photives?!?!  I was not expecting that!)

So...  SZ2000s with the M55X pads are SICK!  Nowhere near as comfortable as the super-comfy Brainwavz replacement pads I had on before, but they are bearable, and totally make the SZ2000 bass signature kick more abruptly than they did before.  (Which is high-praise since they were already far and away the hardest hitting bass cans I had ever heard.)

Can you post a video with idsd and m55x bass test? 

Feb 18, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #3,585 of 12,992
  I've been going thru the videos on this thread and I was wondering which is the number one bass can? still the SZ2000s? Also which is the hardest hitting of them all?  I also took a paper bass test video of my JVC HA-MR55x headphones with my vector research desktop amplifier but i dont think i did it right... might not be able to post a vid till next week. also im looking for stores in the U.S. that have like headphones all over like the picture of the on in japan or wherever that was.
When your headphones make a crackling noise does that mean they are broken/distorting or is the distorting like a deep boom? i OWN HEARING AIDS SO IM NOT SURE IF my 1000$ hearing aids are breaking under the bass and high pitch the 60$ pair of headphones break.

I saw the PM's but I don't use texting services or anything really.
The SZ are still in proper configuration....a powerful amp like the e12 Cayin C5 or others, pads from the 55x and an eq...they are the kings
Distortion is usually a crunchy crackling sound not a boom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back