The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Feb 10, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #3,542 of 12,992
There is an app for spotify but its only for windows desktop, its called Equalify.  I use it and its good

I don't want get into the subject, but this is one of the reasons why people dread IOS,  to much constraints for the user just to use apple licensed products.  Its also a double edge sword, cause so many other companies cater to the IOS platform.

Will look into this and the jailbreak mod. Thanks for your answers!

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #3,545 of 12,992

More pure power in bass dept. and a wider sound.
Worth more money...definitely if not for the blue bands, plastic cover and mini usb to mini usb cable.
Just on pure chronic basshead evaluation it is a superior sonic item in my opinion.

Yeah but sz2000 on the way to me. So i decide to buy amp too, on amazon cayin c5 159$ and fiio e12 129$, cayin slightly more expensive but if he better i prefer to buy cayin.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #3,546 of 12,992
  Yeah but sz2000 on the way to me. So i decide to buy amp too, on amazon cayin c5 159$ and fiio e12 129$, cayin slightly more expensive but if he better i prefer to buy cayin.

Buy it, yes padawan you will 

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #3,547 of 12,992

$30.00

I think it's reasonable to pay 30 bucks more especially if you listen to lots of kinds of music. Cayin is smooth and wide. $30........Yes. Buy the Cayin. My opinion.

EDIT: It is a very very good amp and it plays back everything better. Cayin.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #3,548 of 12,992

Listening to Pink Floyd is now possible with the Cayin....it was rough with the e12.
The wider presentation helps closed cans a lot.

Pink Floyd  (lotta good bass on that Album
basshead.gif
)

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #3,549 of 12,992
And what about schiit Magni 2 Uber, i am listening headphones at home most of time, so portability not a main factor. I searching for quality and bass impact, how Magni can compare with cayin c5? as i know magni provide more power but will this affect the quality?

Feb 10, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #3,550 of 12,992
The Magni doesn't have a bass boost option, so you'd have to do some serious software eq, which probably won't allow the same results.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #3,551 of 12,992
The Magni doesn't have a bass boost option, so you'd have to do some serious software eq, which probably won't allow the same results.

Agreed 100%.  When I had a Magni, I double amped it with a Digizoid ZO 2.3 to get the bass I wanted..................and it worked spectacularly.  Not a purist solution but it flat worked. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #3,555 of 12,992
@Hawaiibadboy
 Sweet review on the C5!

Just wanted to drop in a note real quick about EQ's. Since @Hawaiibadboy
 's recommendation for the ipad EQ app, i've been wanting to EQ the songs from spotify (since i do most of my music listening with it). Unfortunately the EQ built in to the spotify app on the phone kinda sucks, and there is no EQ available when playing back on my macbook.

I managed to find an app called Boom 2, so far its pretty sweet, dunno if you guys already know about this. Now i can make my head rattle with songs from spotify lol~. Though it doesn't seem like boom 2 is available on the iphone for now, so i'll be listening to my spotify on my macbook for the most part for now.

I'll try and find time later tonight to post a paper test using my XB500 + CayinC5 + Macbook & Spotify & the Boom 2.

If anyone's got any recommendations as far as good Boom 2 or even just good EQ settings / resources for me to test please do let me know =)

Boom is great, but for some reaon I was just unable to EQ my XB500s with it the way I want it (using it with my MBA). On PC I have now just perfect for my taste FR set up by realtek EQ coupled with FiiO E6 'blue' EQ, but with boom (not using FiiO since it's not needed with MBA) I just can't seem to tweak it right. The low end control is awesome, but I can't bring the midrange forward without it sounding too aggresive/unnatural and make the highs smooth yet not rolled off too much, the slightest change in EQ just changes the sound drastically. Cirrus DAC coloration (somewhat emphasided highs) isn't helping either, but I think for the most part the EQ is difficult because MBA can easily drive XB500s to the insane levels (it's probably even louder than my PC combined with FiiO) therefore exaggerating the slightest changes in output freq curve. I actually have to use shift+option shortcut when changing volume so that I get 4 times more volume steps.

BTW, contrary to what some people may tell you, EQing down the frequencies won't give you the same effect as boosting the frequencies with many/most EQ apps. If i retain my custom realtek EQ shape by lowering each frequency so that the most boosted one would stand at +0 db and other become negative, in theory only the gain/loudness should change, but in reality everything starts to sound much thinner and lifeless in comparison, regardless of the fact that I'am compensating for the volume loss with either FiiO or by increasing volume in PC itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back