The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #1,771 of 12,992
hahaha you got me sorry no video up yet guys busy at work for a moment but yes its the pandora and yes its a cannon.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #1,773 of 12,992
Congrats on your new cans bro!
smily_headphones1.gif

They Pandora Hope VI's are summit-fi for sure and reading reviews, these sound like the drop the bass hard - looking forward to your video for sure
cool.gif

My idea for this originally came from here:

Which reminded me of my car

The bass drivers face just that way...right into the rear hatch and the sound smashes of the hatch and sling forward and explode bass out the front of the car. Bass is low freq but it will still take the path of least resistance.

Lesson for others:

If you got 77x or Kraken or really anything plastic....try using aluminum as the backing via flashing and you'll see a substantial difference in the bass volume and impact.

So the Pandora pic which I searched after I heard them, reminded me of my car and of acoustics. The pandora have another few tweaks but that backplate is huge.

Looking forward to the vid ati!!

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #1,774 of 12,992
The Pandora's are definitely good sounding and a bit bass-tilted but never to the heights of the Ultrasone Signature DJs to my ears... but as you know, I don't EQ so, personally, I never thought of them as cannons. I did like them overall though, just found them uncomfortable (their pads suck but I believe FAD actually came up with pad replacements... don't remember, I only had like 1 week of audition with these.)

Can't wait for the vid.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #1,775 of 12,992
The Pandora's are definitely good sounding and a bit bass-tilted but never to the heights of the Ultrasone Signature DJs to my ears... but as you know, I don't EQ so, personally, I never thought of them as cannons. I did like them overall though, just found them uncomfortable (their pads suck but I believe FAD actually came up with pad replacements... don't remember, I only had like 1 week of audition with these.)

Can't wait for the vid.

Is there any headphone you've not owned/auditioned at one time already - lol :D :wink:

My idea for this originally came from here:

Which reminded me of my car

The bass drivers face just that way...right into the rear hatch and the sound smashes of the hatch and sling forward and explode bass out the front of the car. Bass is low freq but it will still take the path of least resistance.

Lesson for others:

If you got 77x or Kraken or really anything plastic....try using aluminum as the backing via flashing and you'll see a substantial difference in the bass volume and impact.

So the Pandora pic which I searched after I heard them, reminded me of my car and of acoustics. The pandora have another few tweaks but that backplate is huge.

Looking forward to the vid ati!!

Bass Science 101: how to increase bass impact by professor HBB (he knows this schiit inside out :wink: )

For a second there when I saw the pics with aluminium foil, I thought it was one of those, how to make a tin foil hat to keep the governments from reading your mind type of gigs - phew, thank The Lord it was bass advice :)

This below video from headphone and personal audio meister, Mr. Tyll Hertsens is another example of how the material used for the audio signal to resonate off makes a big difference ie you hear what the audio bounces off be it plastic, or aluminium.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/LMl7vZs3DLs[/VIDEO]​

Least I think this is the same type of thing you were showing HBB - correct me if I'm wrong though :wink:

ps Is this you getting busted by security for scaring people nearby with 15inch subs booming off?
I think somebody was about to call 911 :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/OD54r2or6ZY[/VIDEO]​

And - you ever done this v to your windscreen before?

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/cm3pqAH01co[/VIDEO]​

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,776 of 12,992
Is there any headphone you've not owned/auditioned at one time already - lol
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Hahahaha
There are a bunch! :p
But hey, look who's talking!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #1,777 of 12,992
Is there any headphone you've not owned/auditioned at one time already - lol
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
 ​

This below video from headphone and personal audio meister, Mr. Tyll Hertsens is another example of how the material used for the audio signal to resonate off makes a big difference ie you hear what the audio bounces off be it plastic, or aluminium.

Least I think this is the same type of thing you were showing HBB - correct me if I'm wrong though
wink.gif
ps Is this you getting busted by security for scaring people nearby with 15inch subs booming off?
I think somebody was about to call 911
biggrin.gif

​

And - you ever done this v to your windscreen before?

​

Holy ****.
My respect for Tyler just went off the chart.

Taking two identical designs aside from the material and noting the significance is huge. Everybody should watch that vid. Bravo to Tyler for that.

Bass notes die for a micro second in the plastic which is itself a kind off deadining material but not fully dies so the seemingly micro second re-birth of that note interferes with the next one causing echo. The distortion in many plastic cans including Pro 900

And many others..

I don't think Tyl is a basshead at all but he just nailed a very big point for bassheads.

I sent this pic to you before you got the e12 and noted the 2 different settings pre and post mod. 

The distortion of the 77x and Pro900 is not driver distortion it's chamber acoustical chaos causing a mess. My 77x still have the sickest 2 paper tests we have ever done. (EDIT the SZ pushin and Yammy 500 double amp are sick but the 77 is making almost no noise aside from pure bass)

This is aluminum flashing used by plumbers and the like. approx 4 times as thick as foil and sticky on 1 side.
I would rec anyone with plastic back cans including Pro 900, 55x 77x and many gaming sets to try it. It is not placebo. My amp gain knob was able to turn up a lot more and the bass got faster and louder and the mids seemed better because the decay of the sub freq was reduced.

I'm a Tyler fan now.

My SZ post notes cans with hard asses handle bass better.

Yes I did crack my windshield when the hyper vibration of the rearview mirror developed a tiny gap and the rest (the windshield) slowly spidered from one side to the other starting where the rearview mirror was.

I think I heard everything i could touch or saw on this site which is part of the reason I broke from the pack. The oft stated bass cans seemed lacking in true bass with amp. I was peeing in the holy water.

ANyway...Tyler NAILED it!!!

I dedicate this gif to him​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​

​
 ​

​
The last 2 vids are just nutz...absolutely nutz​

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #1,778 of 12,992

The above track 

Place a 1/2 of a sheet of A4 paper on one side

Positioned like in the vids on this channel

If you'd like to put it on the channel let me know. If you share it on the thread please state the DAP and AMP and the settings on both.
Do not damage your headphones. 
Confirm non distortion with over ear listening before proceeding with test. Nobody wants to see anyone damage their headphones.

Is that you in the vid? I thought you were a black dude.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #1,779 of 12,992
Holy ****.
My respect for Tyler just went off the chart.

Taking two identical designs aside from the material and noting the significance is huge. Everybody should watch that vid. Bravo to Tyler for that.

Bass notes die for a micro second in the plastic which is itself a kind off deadining material but not fully dies so the seemingly micro second re-birth of that note interferes with the next one causing echo. The distortion in many plastic cans including Pro 900

And many others..

I don't think Tyl is a basshead at all but he just nailed a very big point for bassheads.

I sent this pic to you before you got the e12 and noted the 2 different settings pre and post mod. 

The distortion of the 77x and Pro900 is not driver distortion it's chamber acoustical chaos causing a mess. My 77x still have the sickest 2 paper tests we have ever done. (EDIT the SZ pushin and Yammy 500 double amp are sick but the 77 is making almost no noise aside from pure bass)

This is aluminum flashing used by plumbers and the like. approx 4 times as thick as foil and sticky on 1 side.
I would rec anyone with plastic back cans including Pro 900, 55x 77x and many gaming sets to try it. It is not placebo. My amp gain knob was able to turn up a lot more and the bass got faster and louder and the mids seemed better because the decay of the sub freq was reduced.

I'm a Tyler fan now.

My SZ post notes cans with hard asses handle bass better.

Yes I did crack my windshield when the hyper vibration of the rearview mirror developed a tiny gap and the rest (the windshield) slowly spidered from one side to the other starting where the rearview mirror was.

I think I heard everything i could touch or saw on this site which is part of the reason I broke from the pack. The oft stated bass cans seemed lacking in true bass with amp. I was peeing in the holy water.

ANyway...Tyler NAILED it!!!

I dedicate this gif to him​

The last 2 vids are just nutz...absolutely nutz​

Hawaiibadboy

I salute your above post in all but one area - please stop calling Tyll as Tyler - I've heard he takes such wrong naming outrages out on his local neighbourhood by breaking into their houses at the dead of night and re-wiring their left to right channels on their headcans......then he eats ALL their cookies and leaves without a trace.....the local mental asylum is near breaking point with his victims driven past the point of return.... :D

they even have a name for new patients of this phenomena - the cross wired cookie condition - and it's incurable ... :eek:

Please alter your post dude before it's too late for the town of Bozeman.....think of the children cookies....:tongue:

Is that you in the vid? I thought you were a black dude. :D

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/F2AitTPI5U0[/VIDEO]​

Hawaiibadboy is the kid at the beginning of above video with the massive speakers that blows his dad 30,000 feet into the heavens :D

Now that's bad - but like the late MJ used to coin it - "not bad meaning bad but bad meaning good"...."Hee Hee, shamone, who's bad?" :blink:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/dsUXAEzaC3Q[/VIDEO]

b472mb.gif
rh3gpt.gif

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #1,780 of 12,992
Haha holy **** my sz1000's just came in. Yeah, these things are absolute canons to say the least. The bass is not only super ******* powerful but clean as hell. I could not be happier. Thanks! I can't wait for the pads to come in tomorrow, these stock ones are very thin. 

Just a heads up I got these for $150+30 expedited shipping from amazon from one of the secondary sellers, I got them in like 5 days. Great deal. 

These sound fantastic on the schiit magni/modi combo in case anyone was curious.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #1,781 of 12,992
Haha holy **** my sz1000's just came in. Yeah, these things are absolute canons to say the least. The bass is not only super ******* powerful but clean as hell. I could not be happier. Thanks! I can't wait for the pads to come in tomorrow, these stock ones are very thin. 

Just a heads up I got these for $150+30 expedited shipping from amazon from one of the secondary sellers, I got them in like 5 days. Great deal. 

These sound fantastic on the schiit magni/modi combo in case anyone was curious.

What are you using to EQ the bass out of those puppies dude?

And congrats on your new cannons :beerchug:

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,782 of 12,992
What are you using to EQ the bass out of those puppies dude?

And congrats on your new cannons
beerchug.gif

The eq-apo makes my computer run like crap, no clue why, I can't seem to find a way around it. As soon as it is uninstalled everything goes back to normal.

I'm just using a chrome EQ add-on for youtube videos, and the eq in my music player for songs there. It definitely does the trick. The power of these things is absolutely insane, I'm having a great deal of fun with them right now. 

*edit* Oh yes- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3YY-LoRFUc

*edit edit* Ive been testing EQs and the best working one i've found is Equalizer v1.62 for winamp. Goes all the way to 0hz. Pro-q looks great I just cant get it to install.

Aug 13, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #1,785 of 12,992
Good news! The 55x pads just came in as well. Well worth the switch, way better than the stock pads. The other pads were way too soft and trapped in heat, these are better in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back