The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 13, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #1,787 of 12,992
Theyre about the same when it comes to isolation, if there is a difference I certainly cant tell. They make a pretty good seal on my face. The biggest difference is the bass has more vibration and room to expand because your ears arent touching the driver.

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #1,788 of 12,992

This week we take a look at the Sennheiser HD25 1 MK II - and it's a red
alert situation you may find yourself in a fluster over - LOOSE CABLE ALERT!

imagejpg1-16.jpg

imagejpg1-92.jpg

Literally :wink:

Please join me, cb3723, on my next HP maintenance episode - how to untangle headphone cable without injuring yourself or endangering the general public in the process - listen safely! :wink:

:D

Joking aside - the Sennheiser HD25 1 MK II headphones are just an amazing headphone on so many levels and are a classic that have stood the test of time since it's first release in the mid to late 1980's.

I've the Adidas Classic styled versions of this can and will be adding these to the 40mm fight club tournament starting next week :wink:

Bass on these bad boys is, to use a cliche - tight and punchy - ideal for beat matching for DJ's where these cans reign supreme and are the default DJ headphone across the globe.

The HD25 may be an old, long time in service headphone but it's as relevant today as it was from when first released with the likes of Afrojack using them recently at Ultra Music Festival 2014 in Miami and prior to David Guetta collaborating and endorsing in the mixr beats cans he now uses, he used the Senn HD25's for DJing duties.

I'm looking forward to the 40mm fight club tournament because it's made me go through my cans for candidates and I can't believe I've overlooked my HD25's for the bass/paper test till now.

Main man Jude actually owns the very same model as me - the Adidas Classic version and in the below video he compares them with the Beyerdynamic DT1350's in addition to giving his comprehensive impressions of the HD25's which is well worth watching.

But does the HD25 belong in the extreme bass club in any capacity?

The 40mm Fight Club starting next week will reveal all :veryevil:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Aahpv0_DDFE[/VIDEO]

imagejpg1-17.jpg

"Hope they don't damage my schiit...."

giphy.gif

"SCHIIT!"

The count down begins.....

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,792 of 12,992
Aug 13, 2014 at 9:46 PM Post #1,795 of 12,992
Aug 13, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #1,796 of 12,992

This week we take a look at the Sennheiser HD25 1 MK II - and it's a red
alert situation you may find yourself in a fluster over - LOOSE CABLE ALERT!

imagejpg1-16.jpg

imagejpg1-92.jpg

Literally
wink.gif

Please join me, cb3723, on my next HP maintenance episode - how to untangle headphone cable without injuring yourself or endangering the general public in the process - listen safely!
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

​

Joking aside - the Sennheiser HD25 1 MK II headphones are just an amazing headphone on so many levels and are a classic that have stood the test of time since it's first release in the mid to late 1980's.

I've the Adidas Classic styled versions of this can and will be adding these to the 40mm fight club tournament starting next week
wink.gif

Bass on these bad boys is, to use a cliche - tight and punchy - ideal for beat matching for DJ's where these cans reign supreme and are the default DJ headphone across the globe.

The HD25 may be an old, long time in service headphone but it's as relevant today as it was from when first released with the likes of Afrojack using them recently at Ultra Music Festival 2014 in Miami and prior to David Guetta collaborating and endorsing in the mixr beats cans he now uses, he used the Senn HD25's for DJing duties.

I'm looking forward to the 40mm fight club tournament because it's made me go through my cans for candidates and I can't believe I've overlooked my HD25's for the bass/paper test till now.

Main man Jude actually owns the very same model as me - the Adidas Classic version and in the below video he compares them with the Beyerdynamic DT1350's in addition to giving his comprehensive impressions of the HD25's which is well worth watching.

But does the HD25 belong in the extreme bass club in any capacity?

The 40mm Fight Club starting next week will reveal all
very_evil_smiley.gif

imagejpg1-17.jpg

"Hope they don't damage my schiit...."

giphy.gif

"SCHIIT!"

The count down begins.....
 ​

OOOOOOhhhhh Yeeeeeaa!!!!
popcorn.gif

Theyre about the same when it comes to isolation, if there is a difference I certainly cant tell. They make a pretty good seal on my face. The biggest difference is the bass has more vibration and room to expand because your ears arent touching the driver.

It's SUCH a nicer basshead experience.

If you own a pair of 55x with no pads or **** sz pads on em.......you know your a basshead.
end of story.

You don't need to come to the dark side......you're already there.​

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #1,798 of 12,992
If the HD25 turn out to be basshead material, they also have an aluminum version that will, as hbb explained in his bass science lesson, eliminate plastic resonance. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DW6TULO/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1407989519&sr=8-7&pi=SL75

... Assuming the chamber is aluminum too... EDIT: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009QV14MC/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1407990886&sr=8-8&pi=SL75 the amperiors look exactly like the HD25 aluminum... The amperiors even have the aluminum. They look the same too, but are only around 140$ compared to 320$ for the hd25 aluminum. Maybe a renaming of the HD25 aluminum? I'll look into it.

2ND EDIT: Nope. The Amperior is 18 ohms, and has a little more bass according to reviews. So different drivers, and tuned a little different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back