The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Oct 18, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #1,411 of 6,694
Yes comparing other CIEMs against FitEar would be interesting.

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #1,412 of 6,694
I can compare 335 and VE Stage 4 from memory, as I have tried both demos, the Stage 4 for a week, and the 335 for only 30mn. I would say that they have things in common, for instance being both bassy but with high quality bass, and warm with a smooth sound overall. The Stage 4 mid bass boost is not as pronounced as on the 335. I would say the stage 4 also has less thick mids, and a bit more transparency in the mids. On the other hand the 335 have that well fleshed out quality that make them so engaging. The Stage 4 presentation is a bit wider, but more are more on the intimate side compared to the 1plus2. The Stage 4 is also a bit faster than the 335, but not as fast as 1plus2. Highs are maybe a bit more present on the Stage 4 vs. 335 as well.

All in all, not sooo far apart, with the Stage 4 being more versatile and the 335 more flavored.

Just my 2 cents.

Oct 18, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #1,414 of 6,694
  Will there be a new FitEar CIEM flagship next year?
I have a plan to order 335DW at the beginning of next year, so it will be such a pain, if there is a new one released.

No news regarding that yet. But I'm guessing the next Fitear release would be their white parterre/acoustic parterre universal iem. (No official name has been released yet)

Oct 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #1,415 of 6,694
As mentioned in earlier posts there is an MH335DW upgrade. I am ordering a pair this week and will find out if we can upgrade on new orders. I know Anak owns a pair and is looking into upgrading.

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,416 of 6,694
For those that have FitEar CIEMs. Is the comfort unparalleled? 

I'm trying to decide between that or the rumored Monet uni. 

asking this because my "standard" customs are quite painful to wear. I've been through 2 refits too with no success. I'd be betting it all on FitEars unique way of making impressions. What do you guys think?

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #1,418 of 6,694

asking this because my "standard" customs are quite painful to wear. I've been through 2 refits too with no success. I'd be betting it all on FitEars unique way of making impressions. What do you guys think?

They are extremely comfortable and the finish is smoother than most, if not all completing CIEM that I have tried. I certainly didn't have any minor fit problem, let alone need to sending it back. According to Jaben, FitEar seems to be consistant at making them without people refitting, might be because they specified the compound used and the method of taking the impressions themselves. I guess not taking any old random impression does help with their overall reputation with fitting.

Oct 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,419 of 6,694
I hope that's the case. I will try it out this summer using impressions from the very best.

Oct 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,421 of 6,694
Oct 20, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #1,422 of 6,694

Eve, I first had the 435 and then the 333 made with Jaben Singapore. All I can say is that the fit is spot on for both: I can slip them on with one hand and they slot in nicely. All
CIEMs should be this comfortable and well fitting!

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:51 AM Post #1,423 of 6,694
  Studio Reference is promising for sure.

Too bad we won't have a 668/Pro Audio owner come up and post on here anytime soon....
Heck some comparisons to Vision/Rhines or Canalworks or Livezoner41, that'd be interesting to see as well.

So I got a response from Suyama-san today and it seems that it still hasn't been finalised yet (i.e. can't book to leave my 335 with them for the mod). They have demo units of the MH335DW  Studio Reference instead for participants to try. Looks like the final signature is still in the works?

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #1,424 of 6,694

So I got a response from Suyama-san today and it seems that it still hasn't been finalised yet (i.e. can't book to leave my 335 with them for the mod). They have demo units of the MH335DW  Studio Reference instead for participants to try. Looks like the final signature is still in the works?

I wonder if he will allow new purchases to be upgraded? I will be in there next week for my impressions. I guess I could ask.

Oct 21, 2013 at 5:02 AM Post #1,425 of 6,694
If they have demos, it seems puzzling that they won't offer stand-alone units for these rather than them being available only through upgrades. The argument brought up prior by someone else that the additional tubes won't fit some ears isn't really an argument against having them offered as a stand-alone offering. With many CIEMs like the SE5 the fit not being for everyone seems to be the case as well.

Anyways, hopefully they come up with some other option in the future. 

Keep us updated on when they have those 335DWSR available (I'm just going to refer to them as that from now on)....
Are the demo units to be in store/on location, or are they to be shipped via some sort of tour/person-by-person process by request? Actually the latter sounds ridiculous so it's probably not even that.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back