The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 18, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #796 of 6,678
Bear in mind that at the Fujiya event, they probably had specials on making customs so there'll be orders from there to compete too.

May 18, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #797 of 6,678
Quote:
Hi guys, sorry if this has been asked before but is it possible for me to order a fitear mh335 in japan and then get them to send it back to SG?

Here's a message I got from FitEar support:

1)海外に住んでいる場合、私たちのお見せに直接来て製品を作る事ができません。
  私たちは中国、香港、シンガポールに正規販売代理店があります。
  あなたの住んでいる国は中国、香港、シンガポールのどれかですか?
  もし、この3つの国のどれかであれば教えて下さい。
  正規販売代理店を紹介します。
Currawong and/or AnakChan can surely translate this better than me but, in a nutshell, Singapore is one of the listed places that you might still have hope for it done for you (also China and HK). The original question was concerning custom monitors.

Quote:
Bear in mind that at the Fujiya event, they probably had specials on making customs so there'll be orders from there to compete too.

Might have been... wasn't there 3 current revision and 1 original model of MH334 selling at 88,000 yen each?
Even if they were To Go Models that's cheaper than the usual prices...

On a side note, with the current waiting lists it was told to me that it'll take about 2 months to make the customs. Which means I'm out of luck. :<

May 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #798 of 6,678
Basically Fitear cannot accept your order if you are from Singapore, China or Hongkong as they have authorized retailers in those countries. Even if you make the trip to Fitear's office in Japan.

Bummer

May 19, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #799 of 6,678
Quote:
Basically Fitear cannot accept your order if you are from Singapore, China or Hongkong as they have authorized retailers in those countries. Even if you make the trip to Fitear's office in Japan.

Bummer

So even if you were to travel all the way to Japan, FitEar wouldn't allow you to purchase the customs? Even if you stay in Japan until they're completed? 

May 19, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #800 of 6,678
Quote:

Bummer

Not quite sure that's what they meant... are you 100% certain of your translation?
I'm just not sure if they really did mean to say お店 or actually お見せ.
Don't know what ear impressions are called in Japanese.

But, yes, they did say and ask whether I lived in either China, Hong Kong, or Singapore, in which case they would redirect me to the authorized reseller.

May 19, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #801 of 6,678
So even if you were to travel all the way to Japan, FitEar wouldn't allow you to purchase the customs? Even if you stay in Japan until they're completed? 

You need either a Japanese address for them to be sent to or just pick up from FitEar's offices.........better still try and arrange a rush order and see if they can accommodate. ...

May 19, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #802 of 6,678
Quote:
You need either a Japanese address for them to be sent to or just pick up from FitEar's offices.........better still try and arrange a rush order and see if they can accommodate. ...

While I don't think it a very good idea for us to get used to the idea of getting a rush order done but...
how does one do that? ^^;;
As long as it is done within a month I am alright.

May 19, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #803 of 6,678
Quote:
While I don't think it a very good idea for us to get used to the idea of getting a rush order done but...

For me, my only chance is spring break in March, which I'll need it in a week. I think any time after the headphone show, it might be harder to get a rush order because of the influx of orders.

May 19, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #804 of 6,678
Not quite sure that's what they meant... are you 100% certain of your translation?

But, yes, they did say and ask whether I lived in either China, Hong Kong, or Singapore, in which case they would redirect me to the authorized reseller.

I am pretty sure that they are asking if you a customer from Singapore, China or HK. If you stay in any of the 3 countries, they will redirect you to their retailer instead, even if you standing in their store.

May 19, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #805 of 6,678
Quote:
I am pretty sure that they are asking if you a customer from Singapore, China or HK. If you stay in any of the 3 countries, they will redirect you to their retailer instead, even if you standing in their store.

Yes this is the closest to the correct answer in the translation. They will introduce you to their reseller agents in one of those three countries.

They want to know which of the three countries you live in.

May 19, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #806 of 6,678

Its ok. I believe you said that you had relatives living in Japan anyways. In that case, those three countries wouldn't be a problem since you have an address to which FitEar can send them.

By the way, what resellers would you be directed to if you're in Japan and not from any of those three countries?

May 19, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #807 of 6,678
Well, the main reason why I am doubtful of that interpretation was because my question to them did not mention anything regarding China, HK, or Singapore as I do not live in either.

I asked how long it would take to make customs, considering I am not currently in Japan but will be back for around a month and a half. (Had let them know prior to the question that I live abroad) 
Perhaps seeing that one month and a half wasn't enough, they decided to ask if I was in either China, HK, or Singapore where they can direct me to authorized resellers.
If I lived abroad I certainly would not be able to go to their store to have customs made--unless I do travel to Japan.

@Eve: yeah, I'll go try the customs again to see whether or not I want to take the plunge.
I did not ask about where to get it done in Japan, I'll ask them.

May 19, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #808 of 6,678
Quote:
Well, the main reason why I am doubtful of that interpretation was because my question to them did not mention anything regarding China, HK, or Singapore as I do not live in either.

I asked how long it would take to make customs, considering I am not currently in Japan but will be back for around a month and a half. (Had let them know prior to the question that I live abroad) 
Perhaps seeing that one month and a half wasn't enough, they decided to ask if I was in either China, HK, or Singapore where they can direct me to authorized resellers.
If I lived abroad I certainly would not be able to go to their store to have customs made--unless I do travel to Japan.

@Eve: yeah, I'll go try the customs again to see whether or not I want to take the plunge.
I did not ask about where to get it done in Japan, I'll ask them.

Wow. They must be very busy.

Just a few months ago, It took them 20 days from making ear impression to sending it out.

May 19, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #809 of 6,678

I think you need to enquire as to whether they are prepared to rush an order for you since nowadays they are so much busier with more products and inundated with overseas sales too....

If you go back in this or the 334 thread, they were able to turnaround V0 's pair in 3 days(?) If I remember correctly?!

May 19, 2013 at 6:57 AM Post #810 of 6,678
Quote:
I think you need to enquire as to whether they are prepared to rush an order for you since nowadays they are so much busier with more products and inundated with overseas sales too....

If you go back in this or the 334 thread, they were able to turnaround V0 's pair in 3 days(?) If I remember correctly?!

1 week....not 3 days :p. But still that was pretty good for 1 week. Since then I don't know if FitEar will do it again.

BTW, we have a Thai HF member who's on extended stay in Sendai that made his MH335DW. However even though he's not a resident of Japan, he's got a Japanese address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back