The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
May 11, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,986 of 6,694
  There was a new unit there that is simply known as fitear. So we've been calling it the Fitear fitear.

Oh, c'mon!! Surely you could come up with a better nickname than that.
Joking aside, I assume there was no sign of the FitEar Gatling we saw around April Fool's Day?

.... I haven't had my 335 for the past 5 weeks so no side-by-side comparisons.

You sent it in for the SR upgrade, right? How long does it usually take for JP residents?

May 11, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2,987 of 6,694

Yes now that the Fujiya event is done, I am watching. (Not to you Joshua,) please be polite in your responses or if you don't feel compelled to response, just walk away for awhile. If someone is breaking the HF rules, then report, but again don't feel compelled to respond.

There was a new unit there that is simply known as fitear. So we've been calling it the Fitear fitear. I had a brief listen to it before the crowd came and compared it with the TG!334 side-by-side. To me, in terms of sound it felt like it was between the TG!334 and the MH335DW in terms of the bass. I also felt that the TG!334 had a slight further treble extension over the fitear.

Personally for me, and that's probably 'cos I'm so used to the TG!334 sound, I felt for my personal tastes, I was more comfortable falling back to the TG!334 sound myself. As to comparing the 335 to the fitear, I haven't had my 335 for the past 5 weeks so no side-by-side comparisons. Therefore no comment from me on that.

AnakChan, you really need to get out of your comfort zone.  We need you to get into something more exotic like Andy here

May 11, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #2,988 of 6,694
Call the FitEar FitEar, FitEar^2 .

May 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #2,989 of 6,694
I just saw the Price Japan page and they listed the FitEar MH334 on their page. Does anyone have any idea if we can get FitEar customs through them? This price was not bad too.

May 11, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #2,991 of 6,694
I think we can. You can write them email to ask. Did you see if they listed the MH335 on their page?

The MH335 was not listed. Only the MH334.

May 11, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #2,992 of 6,694
Yes now that the Fujiya event is done, I am watching. (Not to you Joshua,) please be polite in your responses or if you don't feel compelled to response, just walk away for awhile. If someone is breaking the HF rules, then report, but again don't feel compelled to respond.

There was a new unit there that is simply known as fitear. So we've been calling it the Fitear fitear. I had a brief listen to it before the crowd came and compared it with the TG!334 side-by-side. To me, in terms of sound it felt like it was between the TG!334 and the MH335DW in terms of the bass. I also felt that the TG!334 had a slight further treble extension over the fitear.

Personally for me, and that's probably 'cos I'm so used to the TG!334 sound, I felt for my personal tastes, I was more comfortable falling back to the TG!334 sound myself. As to comparing the 335 to the fitear, I haven't had my 335 for the past 5 weeks so no side-by-side comparisons. Therefore no comment from me on that.

Em.. New fitear has less treble extension than tg334.. roxanne feels a bit dark, translucent ref1 also has very smoothed/refined treble... seems like they are all converging to a different kind of treble than what I'm used to!

May 11, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #2,993 of 6,694
Em.. New fitear has less treble extension than tg334.. roxanne feels a bit dark, translucent ref1 also has very smoothed/refined treble... seems like they are all converging to a different kind of treble than what I'm used to!

Now i feel less interested in the new model :frowning2:

May 12, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #2,995 of 6,694

Now i feel less interested in the new model :frowning2:

That's just my impression. @Currawong OTOH loved it. So you'll have to pick your "1st impression-ers" carefully :wink:.

BTW, No Suyama-san that weekend. Also no new CIEM. So who started this new CIEM rumour :p!?

May 12, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #2,997 of 6,694

That's just my impression. @Currawong OTOH loved it. So you'll have to pick your "1st impression-ers" carefully :wink:.

BTW, No Suyama-san that weekend. Also no new CIEM. So who started this new CIEM rumour :p!?

If i'm not mistaken, Mr.Sasaki said something about the new CIEM (3d-printed)?.

Since the treble of the fitear is not as extended as the 334, how did you feel about its soundstage/imaging compared to the 334?

May 12, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #2,998 of 6,694

Since the treble of the fitear is not as extended as the 334, how did you feel about its soundstage/imaging compared to the 334?

I hear that the CIEM prototype will be shown off towards the end of the year. ;p

May 12, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #2,999 of 6,694
I am confused now

Can someone confirm below??

new universals:

1. FitEar Melomane
2. FitEar fitear

new CIEM:
1. Gatling "Gundam" 3D printed

May 12, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #3,000 of 6,694

I wasn't certain if the 3D printing was just a "new" way of making existing CIEM models or if it's a new CIEM altogether.

I think the depth imaging was more on the new fitear - mainly due to the bass rendering. Didn't hear much in soundstage, but maybe it's because I didn't focus on it t that much.

I am confused now

Can someone confirm below??

new universals:

1. FitEar Melomane
2. FitEar fitear

new CIEM:
1. Gatling "Gundam" 3D printed

I have a feeling the answer is "nebulous". We'll get clarity when things are for sure. Right now only Suyama-san probably has the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back