The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #271 of 6,700
Quote:

RWAK100-BTG Sunrise-MH335DW

smily_headphones1.gif

Very nice. 
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a pair of MH335DW (once my flu clears up so I can get a nice clean impression), hopefully the AK100 would sound good with it.  Otherwise I'll be sending it off to get it RWAed.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #273 of 6,700
I will, but when I next go to Japan, so as to get a good price. Maybe I will go to that festival in May Anakchan mentioned.
You usually need to book a week or so before the event. There are designated timeslots for impressions for the day. Can touch base with you when the time gets closer.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #274 of 6,700
I think the stock AK100 sounds ghastly with the UE900, bass is all loose and what not with the output impedance issue, I wouldn't have high hopes for anything else low impedance.

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #275 of 6,700
Quote:
I think the stock AK100 sounds ghastly with the UE900, bass is all loose and what not with the output impedance issue, I wouldn't have high hopes for anything else low impedance.

That's the thing though - I use my JH16Pro (16ohm) with the AK100 and I think it sounds fine.  OTOH the AK100 with the Edition 8 (32ohm) sounds completely off.  The UM3x sounds... not much different.  It could be my brains playing tricks on me or that I'm just not that discerning so I'm going to get the 335 first and listen to it for a prolong period before going for the mod. 

Although I know the 335 sounds great with my iPod and Shadow pairing when I demoed it last year, which is what I was going to use it with originally before I got the AK100 recently.  Also IIRC Suyama-san says on the Fitear site forum he usually tests his equipment straight from an iPod Nano. :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #276 of 6,700
Quote:

Very nice. 
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a pair of MH335DW (once my flu clears up so I can get a nice clean impression), hopefully the AK100 would sound good with it.  Otherwise I'll be sending it off to get it RWAed.

It sounds okay with a normal AK100 but with an RWAK it sounds GODLY.

Also the BTG cable is very laid back. Good extra cable I think :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #280 of 6,700
I'm wondering how can I order a pair of MH335DW if I live in USA.
Drop a mail to ALO & ask if they will do it. I know ALO has a relationship with FitEar but I don't know if it's limited to the TO GO! series or for all of FitEar offerings.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #281 of 6,700
Quote:
Sadly, my budget was strictly under $1k. Hopefully I'll still be attracted to this hobby when I have the means to buy such expensive CIEMs.

Dream Earz' pricing seems to be quite good value.

Of course I know it's not quite the same level of refinement as Fitear, but still...

Maybe worth considering?

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #282 of 6,700
I'm beginning to forget I have a MH335DW being made until someone posts on this thread to remind me. This round, it looks like FitEar's got their hands busy after the Fujiya event 'cos my MH335DW won't be complete till 10th March - a whole month after the event :frowning2:. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much considering they offered an event discount - ~USD$1622.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #283 of 6,700
Quote:
I'm beginning to forget I have a MH335DW being made until someone posts on this thread to remind me. This round, it looks like FitEar's got their hands busy after the Fujiya event 'cos my MH335DW won't be complete till 10th March - a whole month after the event :frowning2:. Oh well, I guess I can't complain too much considering they offered an event discount - ~USD$1622.

Any idea if they will repeat the discount during the 11th of May event ?

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #284 of 6,700
Quote:
Any idea if they will repeat the discount during the 11th of May event ?

Unknown until weeks before the event. Firstly FitEar's got to sign up to be an exhibitor of the event (of which I'm sure they will as they've been there for all the major ones at least). Then if they do, the next would be if they're doing impressions for the day (which again, I believe they have been doing that in the past, no reason to stop now). Finally if they do take impressions, bookings are approx 1 week before the event. And most likely they will repeat an event discount.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #285 of 6,700
Quote:

Unknown until weeks before the event. Firstly FitEar's got to sign up to be an exhibitor of the event (of which I'm sure they will as they've been there for all the major ones at least). Then if they do, the next would be if they're doing impressions for the day (which again, I believe they have been doing that in the past, no reason to stop now). Finally if they do take impressions, bookings are approx 1 week before the event. And most likely they will repeat an event discount.

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back