The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #2,416 of 6,694
Mar 12, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #2,418 of 6,694
For this sole reason I have been put off getting CIEMs, if I'm paying a premium I would expects there not to be any defects with the product. Why are there all these reports regarding air bubbles, is the build quality not up to scratch?

Unlike the other makers, who leave the shell empty, Fitear fills them up with acrylic. I reckon that when you pour something viscous like that into the shell, some bubbles do form. It has nothing to do with build quality. The IEMs themselves are smooth and nicely polished. If you look at some other makes where there are sharp edges, fit issues, etc, those would be issues with build quality. Nothing is perfect. But Fitear do have among the highest build quality amongst the makes of customs.

Mar 12, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #2,419 of 6,694
No air-bubbles on my 335DW either. I don't have much experience with owning customs (the FitEar is my first), but have sampled quite a few demo units over the past year at various dealerships and shows, and the FitEar demos always looked the best-finished and least worn out.

Mar 12, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #2,420 of 6,694
  No air-bubbles on my 335DW either. I don't have much experience with owning customs (the FitEar is my first), but have sampled quite a few demo units over the past year at various dealerships and shows, and the FitEar demos always looked the best-finished and least worn out.

Agreed, Kurochin. Fitears are about the most well made customs I've come across.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #2,422 of 6,694
There are a few very tiny ones, have to really scrutinise under different lighting.

Thank goodness for age and long-sightedness.... 
blink.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #2,423 of 6,694
If they are only few and tiny bubbles, and need special lights to discover, and they do not really affect the SQ, I will simply ignore them and enjoy my musics thru the CIEM 
o2smile.gif

Btw, I don't see any bubbles thru normal lights on my MH335DW. The comfort and SQ even improved after half year of usage. Now waiting for my SW cable to arrive, 6 weeks to go... 
redface.gif

Mar 12, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #2,424 of 6,694
If they are only few and tiny bubbles, and need special lights to discover, and they do not really affect the SQ, I will simply ignore them and enjoy my musics thru the CIEM :o2smile:

Btw, I don't see any bubbles thru normal lights on my MH335DW. The comfort and SQ even improved after half year of usage. Now waiting for my SW cable to arrive, 6 weeks to go... :xf_eek:

I agree! :wink:

Oh you will love the SW: very smooth and refined. Bummer is that it takes about 500 hours to fully burn in...

Mar 13, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2,426 of 6,694
  I am considering AK120 and Chord Hugo now
AK120+MH335DW,
Chord Hugo + Galaxy Note3 +MH335DW,
Which one is better?

Hi Roxnaeun,

It's kind of hard to define "better" because different listeners have different tastes. personally for me I had the AK120 for about 6+ months & I've owned the MH335DW for about 1 year now. Subsequently I sold my AK120 in favour of the NW-ZX1 in that the ZX1 seemed to have an improved soundstage and to what I perceive to be a slightly brighter side of neutral which balances out the MH335DW nicely.

I did demo the Chord Hugo but with the iPad as a source briefly at an event. I felt the Hugo to be quite precise and surgical. It's definitely a combination that I'd like to explore more in a more controlled environment. Some early reports mentioned the Hugo had a hiss but I didn't notice it in my brief demo.

Note that with the recent release of 128GB microSDs you could have 2x128GB+64GB (320GB) in the AK240 whereas with your Note3 you'll be limited to the 128GB microSD + 32/64GB (160GB/192GB) if that matters. Also, I'm not cetain what the battery drain will be on the Note3 when coupled with the Hugo. Something you'll need to check in the Hugo thread.

Mar 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #2,428 of 6,694
Hi Roxnaeun,

It's kind of hard to define "better" because different listeners have different tastes. personally for me I had the AK120 for about 6+ months & I've owned the MH335DW for about 1 year now. Subsequently I sold my AK120 in favour of the NW-ZX1 in that the ZX1 seemed to have an improved soundstage and to what I perceive to be a slightly brighter side of neutral which balances out the MH335DW nicely.

I did demo the Chord Hugo but with the iPad as a source briefly at an event. I felt the Hugo to be quite precise and surgical. It's definitely a combination that I'd like to explore more in a more controlled environment. Some early reports mentioned the Hugo had a hiss but I didn't notice it in my brief demo.

Note that with the recent release of 128GB microSDs you could have 2x128GB+64GB (320GB) in the AK240 whereas with your Note3 you'll be limited to the 128GB microSD + 32/64GB (160GB/192GB) if that matters. Also, I'm not cetain what the battery drain will be on the Note3 when coupled with the Hugo. Something you'll need to check in the Hugo thread.

Agree with AnakChan. It's all a question iof synergy between the various parts of the chain. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back