The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 24, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #15,331 of 19,652
  about album art. after experimenting with it, if it is embbeded in the file, the file load much slower and is prone to skipping and stuttering, and noise. i used only mp3tag.

my advice is to keep only one cover.jpg in the folder with songs, it works much faster and it is problem free.

removing the album art should only be done when the files are on computer, then you transfer them to microsd. This is because removing the album art does not empty up the space continously, but it empties small parts of space.

I just tried this out on an album, and as you said, there is no almost no lag when skipping through tracks when one cover.jpg is used as album art over actual embedded art.
I guess I'll delete all the songs off of the SD card, extract the album art from all my albums, then re-load my SD card with the new tracks.

Also, I have a question:
Is it possible to have the X5 remember the last song played before shutdown, but not automatically start playing the song when you boot it up? I'd like it to go back to the Now Playing screen (or main menu) but not start playing the track right away.

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #15,333 of 19,652
  I really think that i am going to be blamed for this, but at a certain point joe or james said to me in a repply that sennheiser ie8 has a very high quality driver. after about one month of really trying to fiind out why he said that, i can certainly say that, that affirmation was correct.

i wanted to ask if it is possible for him to post a short list of other iems and headphones that have high quality drivers inside, and have great potential. i am amazed by how much i can get out of ie8, if i really try.

I am using Noble K10 Universals with my X5 and they sound amazing. I am using low gain, volume 65-70.

I was using Westone W4r's prior to that, and they are really good as well.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #15,334 of 19,652
EXPOSURE!!!!!

biggrin.gif

I may be getting an X5 soon to go along with my E12. I would like to know about the UI customization you nut jobs are up to! I hesitate a little as  do find the SQ from y Blackberry Z10 with Neutron to be quite good. I do wonder if the X5 can really improve the SQ in a noticeable way. Have any of you moved from a Z10 to the X5? Not many I'm sure, which is a shame as the Z10 is excellent.

Jan 25, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #15,335 of 19,652
  about album art. after experimenting with it, if it is embbeded in the file, the file load much slower and is prone to skipping and stuttering, and noise. i used only mp3tag.

my advice is to keep only one cover.jpg in the folder with songs, it works much faster and it is problem free.

removing the album art should only be done when the files are on computer, then you transfer them to microsd. This is because removing the album art does not empty up the space continously, but it empties small parts of space.

I have embedded art in every single FLAC file on both my X3 and X5. I have no skipping and stuttering.
Are you sure you should be giving this sort of advice out?

Jan 25, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #15,337 of 19,652
 I have embedded art in every single FLAC file on both my X3 and X5. I have no skipping and stuttering.

Agreed. Have 500x500 and some at 1000x1000. Seemed it might be a problem with non-X5 internal formatted cards but not sure embedded art causes problems for majority with correctly formatted cards.

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #15,338 of 19,652
+1, I also have no problem with album art.

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #15,339 of 19,652

I agree, I have all my embedded art on my X5 and I don't have any problems.

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #15,340 of 19,652

I've just downloaded mp3tag.  Where do I go to remove embedded art?

Jan 25, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #15,341 of 19,652
Agreed. Have 500x500 and some at 1000x1000. Seemed it might be a problem with non-X5 internal formatted cards but not sure embedded art causes problems for majority with correctly formatted cards.

I don't need the embeddet art taking up space on the X5.  I'd like to try it to see if there are any speed reactions, or if I even have any EA.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #15,343 of 19,652
yes. we tried to help those who have problems. considering that i had problems with cover art, and the problems dissapeared after removing, it is fine. i had not had stutter but the ui was laggy, now it is like a deer running through a small wood.
for stuttering, removing the cover art has a chance of improoving the situation because of less processing needed, and potential errors that could had appeared when cover art was added.^_^.

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #15,344 of 19,652
Cayin c5 and x5,a good combo or nah ?..

Yes, this is imo an almost perfect combo!

Using it on a daily basis for quite some time now and loving the SQ of it with different iems and headphones.
From what I've read the X5 + E12A is also a very good combo though...

Jan 25, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #15,345 of 19,652
Yes, this is imo an almost perfect combo!

Using it on a daily basis for quite some time now and loving the SQ of it with different iems and headphones.

From what I've read the X5 + E12A is also a very good combo though...

Use the X5 & C5 combo as well - pure audio bliss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back