The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 22, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #15,286 of 19,652
Question for those that use the X5 with an amp, specifically the E12. Do you use rubber feet to prevent direct contact between the amp and X5? Should I be worried about scratchs/damage if I don't separate them with something?

I use 2 of those rubber bands, wrapped around the E12.

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #15,288 of 19,652
Don't the bands interfere with the screen/scroll wheel/buttons? That's why I gave up using 2 bands and use only one now

I use the H6(?) kit. The bands are only wrapped around the E12, not the X5.

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #15,290 of 19,652
Jan 22, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #15,293 of 19,652
Jan 22, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #15,295 of 19,652
Thank you all for the great ideas! I'll probably go with CH23's method, might also search for a runners belt because Hawaiibadboy's method looks pretty awesome and versatile.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #15,296 of 19,652
Anyone try DHgate 256 gb micro sd card......................Jim

Without any doubt i dare say that there is no such thing at this moment.

Have this grapefruit.

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #15,297 of 19,652

Have this grapefruit.

Mi lova da grapefruit...

I hope and think 256GB micro sd cards will come out later this year...

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #15,298 of 19,652

Have this grapefruit.

You look like a very intelligent man.
I trust you implicitly.
If you say that's a grapefruit, then it must be a grapefruit.....:tongue_smile:

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:37 PM Post #15,299 of 19,652
After my incident with my favorites I decided to just take the extra few steps and add songs to playlist1. I thought this would solve my issue of losing my list of music I've spent a lot of time curating. I finally wanted to listen to said playlist and over half the songs can't be found. What gives? I didn't remove any of the songs all I do is just add music to this thing. 

Oh and those playlist are stuck in the x5. I can't seem to export them or edit them when the x5 is plugged in. Maybe I'm missing something. 

To be frank I really don't think the SQ is worth a downgrade in usability. I feel like I've divorced my wife of 10 years for a hot young red head, only to realize that what I had was special. I miss you iPod. 

Edit: Ran across this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?PHPSESSID=ng9fffke3ir6ieh13tmal4qdt1&topic=91883.0

Basically Those playlist are kept and maintained in some internal database. I can't even add or subtract from playlist I've created manually. And If I add to many songs to the favorite my x5 freezes up. SMH.

I Guess my only option is to just keep adding to my favorites and then once a week go in and manually add those songs to a playlist I maintain myself. 

Jan 22, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #15,300 of 19,652
After my incident with my favorites I decided to just take the extra few steps and add songs to playlist1. I thought this would solve my issue of losing my list of music I've spent a lot of time curating. I finally wanted to listen to said playlist and over half the songs can't be found. What gives? I didn't remove any of the songs all I do is just add music to this thing. 

Oh and those playlist are stuck in the x5. I can't seem to export them or edit them when the x5 is plugged in. Maybe I'm missing something. 

To be frank I really don't think the SQ is worth a downgrade in usability. I feel like I've divorced my wife of 10 years for a hot young red head, only to realize that what I had was special. I miss you iPod. 

Edit: Ran across this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?PHPSESSID=ng9fffke3ir6ieh13tmal4qdt1&topic=91883.0

Basically Those playlist are kept and maintained in some internal database. I can't even add or subtract from playlist I've created manually. And If I add to many songs to the favorite my x5 freezes up. SMH.

I Guess my only option is to just keep adding to my favorites and then once a week go in and manually add those songs to a playlist I maintain myself. 

The better way to use playlists is to create one on your computer and then add it to the root of one of the mSD cards, then click on that to listen to playlists and not the built in one on the X5. The playlists option in the X5 is limited in comparison. I beleive there are full instructions on FiiO's web site, or elsewhere on Head-Fi.

Here is a link to some info on how to do it. I know there are much more comprehensive instructions if you look for them.
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=40017&extra=page%3D1

Or you could add suggestions here as to how you'd prefer it was done.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/718328/requesting-your-input-on-m3u-playlist-support-for-x3-x5

Those 2 links took me about 20 seconds to find amongst many, many other links and posts, a lot of them here on Head-Fi, by simply searching the forums for 'X5 playlists'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back