The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #13,141 of 17,484
are there any headphones less then 75 bucks that will bring out the cymbals more in music?

Check out Havi B3Pro1, excellent IEM that pairs very well with the X3.

Edit: to fast, noticed that you asked for headphones the second I pressed "submit".

Oct 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #13,143 of 17,484
I've just found out that FW 3.0EX sounds as good as 2.14b (same detail/fidelity) with more bass.This is heaven!
etysmile.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/download/31y5xxppz6rppxy/X3+FW3.0EX.zip

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #13,152 of 17,484

If you're willing to buy second hand, get the JVC FX700. You'll be thrilled. Another option can be the Sennheiser IE80, yet inferior to FX700. FX700 has tighter and more controlled bass (punchier too), tons of definition in the bass and better highs and timbre. But if you don't listen to the FX700 odds are that you'll love the IE80's (as I did before FX700). There are some other options, but I let that for others to recommend you. These are my best recommendations after owning almost everything under $200 in the past.

Thanks buddy!

Oct 5, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #13,155 of 17,484
I don't believe the charger is a problem because I have tried various chargers and cables and they have all failed. I have contacted fiio and the seller but fiio is on a short 5 day break until tomorrow

Does the screen light up at all when you are charging it? If it doesn't then there probably will be something wrong with the unit its self. I have looked in the FiiO manual and they say that if you aren't charging it by a PC USB port, the output should be 1.5A or above. I don't fully agree with that as I have used a 1A phone charger before and that works. Could you tell me if any of the chargers you have tried are over 1.5A? They should all say on them somewhere.

I am quoting this from the X3 manual:

"X3 can be recharged by portable charger?
Yes, as long as its output current is 1.5A or higher."

It is sounding very likely that your X3 does have a problem though. When FiiO get back to you, you should get very good service if they are like they were when I had issues with one of their products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back