The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 4, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #13,127 of 17,484
It always does in the end yes. I charge it with a 2.1a charger and that does a much faster job that just a 0.5a output from a PC. What are you using to charge it?

Initially I used a portable charger that has the power to charge tablets but it has a smart port that recognizes the output. I left it on for a bit then went to work but when I got back the charger was off (not too sure the led wasnt on either) right now i have changed the plug into a htc one charger

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:22 AM Post #13,128 of 17,484
Hmm, thats strange because the red led does appear but nothing on the screen(all black)

Looks to me that the battery is flat. Let it charge to green LED.
Don't push any buttons, while charging.
The more amps the charger can deliver, the better.
2A is perfect, you can operate the X3 while charging, at least theoretically
1A sufficient for charging but not operating at the same time
less is possible but it takes (a lot) more time

PS "Smart" chargers are tricky, there is more than one "norm" for the smart functions and it is not always working. I have a smart charger, which doesn't charge my Kindle, it shuts down after some time as yours. But another one works. Now I'm using a Dell Venue tablet charger and it works with everything I've tried.

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #13,130 of 17,484
Looks to me that the battery is flat. Let it charge to green LED.
Don't push any buttons, while charging.
The more amps the charger can deliver, the better.
2A is perfect, you can operate the X3 while charging, at least theoretically
1A sufficient for charging but not operating at the same time
less is possible but it takes (a lot) more time

PS "Smart" chargers are tricky, there is more than one "norm" for the smart functions and it is not always working. I have a smart charger, which doesn't charge my Kindle, it shuts down after some time as yours. But another one works. Now I'm using a Dell Venue tablet charger and it works with everything I've tried.

So far its been plugged in for more than 5 hours on a phone charger and yet still no green. I tried taking the charger off and powering but stil nothing. I have replugged it and wil wait again

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #13,131 of 17,484
So far its been plugged in for more than 5 hours on a phone charger and yet still no green. I tried taking the charger off and powering but stil nothing. I have replugged it and wil wait again

Unless the battery is completely flat, when I plug the included USB cable into a USB port on a PC (I use a high-power port on a hub) I see:

1. green LED lights for a second (may not do this if very low charge?), then LED turns red.
2. Fiio splash screen displays, then I see the big green battery charging graphic on the screen.
3. Hold down the On/Off/Select/Play button for 4 seconds and the screen goes blank (charges faster).  The red LED remains lit.
4. When fully charged, the LED turns green.

Do you have another USB A to micro cable to try?  Perhaps you got a defective cable?  I would definitely try first in a known good "dumb" USB port vs. a "smart" device charger.

If you haven't seen even the red LED after trying different cables/charging ports then most likely you got a defective unit.

Oct 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #13,132 of 17,484

My X3 was half charged so I put it on charge to see if that light would go Green. Within 2 hours, it did. One thing not so good about the X3 is even with a high power charger, it still takes ages. But it is a decent battery so it is sort of understandable. If you leave it on all night, I am sure it would eventually go green.

Is your phone charger 2.0a? Phone chargers are often lower than that so they often won't fill it as fast.
Also try connecting it to a computer with the supplied cable and see if your PC can tell if anything has been plugged in. If it doesn't, I would blame the cable.

Oct 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #13,136 of 17,484

My phone charges is rated 0.55A only, so it would take 8 or more hours from flat to full - theoretically, I didn't try.
That you don't see the charging icon on the display, even after replugging the charger is strange. It could be a faulty unit.
Let it charge overnight, as already mentioned.
Try to plug it to a computer, if the X3 gets detected.
If you used the original cable (preferable), try another cable.

One thing I've noticed, when playing with different chargers on the X3 - even on a 2.1A charger it took almost 8 hours from flat to full. The problem was, I was trying immediately after charging began, to switch the X3 off to deep standby charging mode (to charge faster), which somehow disturbed the charging circuit, which switched to a lower current charging mode, which in turn had the opposite effect - charged slower.

PS Don't worry, you can't overcharge the battery.

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #13,137 of 17,484
  I'm looking for a pair that is good for rock, acoustic and R&B as well for under $200?? I already have ATH-WS55x btw

If you're willing to buy second hand, get the JVC FX700. You'll be thrilled. Another option can be the Sennheiser IE80, yet inferior to FX700. FX700 has tighter and more controlled bass (punchier too), tons of definition in the bass and better highs and timbre. But if you don't listen to the FX700 odds are that you'll love the IE80's (as I did before FX700). There are some other options, but I let that for others to recommend you. These are my best recommendations after owning almost everything under $200 in the past.

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #13,139 of 17,484
  are there any headphones less then 75 bucks that will bring out the cymbals more in music?

Yes, the Steelseries Flux are amazing for the price. I don't think you can find any better than this.

http://www.amazon.es/Steelseries-61331-SteelSeries-Auriculares-In-Ear/dp/B00AK25LE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412246065&sr=8-1&keywords=steelseries+flux

Users who are viewing this thread

Back