The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 3, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #13,112 of 17,484
I posted this in the FW 3.21 thread but thought I'd repost here since this one is more active:

My initial experiences for a week + with FW 3.21Beta:

PROS:
1 - no more random freezes as in every other FW update I've encountered, even 3.0 (a BIG improvement, probably the biggest)
2 - beautiful sound signature (open, full, balanced)

CONS:
1 - same issues with as everyone else with hiccups in gapless playback (a drag when listening to live albums or stuff like side 2 of "Abbey Road").
2 - big discrepancy with 2-cd album files (new issue with this FW update, but did NOT experience this with other updates):

ALAC ID tags are correct in that, with 2-cd albums, cd 1 files are tagged as "disc 1 of 2" and cd 2 is tagged as "disc 2 of 2". Yet, when I'm in "album " mode, the songs list as follows: song 1 of cd 1, followed by song 1 of cd 2, then song 2 of cd 1 followed by song 2 of cd 2, and so on. I double-checked my tags and even the native folders in itunes and they're all listed correctly, yet this FW update is listing them differently, which is a real drag.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Oct 3, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #13,113 of 17,484
  I posted this in the FW 3.21 thread but thought I'd repost here since this one is more active:

My initial experiences for a week + with FW 3.21Beta:

PROS:
1 - no more random freezes as in every other FW update I've encountered, even 3.0 (a BIG improvement, probably the biggest)
2 - beautiful sound signature (open, full, balanced)

CONS:
1 - same issues with as everyone else with hiccups in gapless playback (a drag when listening to live albums or stuff like side 2 of "Abbey Road").
2 - big discrepancy with 2-cd album files (new issue with this FW update, but did NOT experience this with other updates):

ALAC ID tags are correct in that, with 2-cd albums, cd 1 files are tagged as "disc 1 of 2" and cd 2 is tagged as "disc 2 of 2". Yet, when I'm in "album " mode, the songs list as follows: song 1 of cd 1, followed by song 1 of cd 2, then song 2 of cd 1 followed by song 2 of cd 2, and so on. I double-checked my tags and even the native folders in itunes and they're all listed correctly, yet this FW update is listing them differently, which is a real drag.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Discussions about the Beta firmwares should be taken in their respective threads.

Oct 4, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #13,117 of 17,484
Hey guys, I just got my X3 but do you guys remember if you had to do a full charge? Because I've been trying to turn it on (while charging and also plugging it out) but it won't do it. Is this normal?

Oct 4, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #13,119 of 17,484
Check the Hold switch on the side
rolleyes.gif

Ahaha I have tried that but still no dice

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #13,123 of 17,484
  Hey guys, I just got my X3 but do you guys remember if you had to do a full charge? Because I've been trying to turn it on (while charging and also plugging it out) but it won't do it. Is this normal?

It is always best to fully charge the X3 when you first get it. I do have some problems when I want to use it while it is charging though. It doesn't seem to turn on for me when it is charging. All I need to do is make sure is isn't fully flat and make sure that it gets turned on before I put it on charge. It will then work fine while on charge.

I think that FiiO recommend it having a full charge before you even do anything if you have just got it.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #13,125 of 17,484
It is always best to fully charge the X3 when you first get it. I do have some problems when I want to use it while it is charging though. It doesn't seem to turn on for me when it is charging. All I need to do is make sure is isn't fully flat and make sure that it gets turned on before I put it on charge. It will then work fine while on charge.

I think that FiiO recommend it having a full charge before you even do anything if you have just got it.

Does your x3's led turn green when fully charged? Ive heard some have issues with the charging and it never turns green

Users who are viewing this thread

Back