The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 1, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #13,081 of 17,484
  On FW 2.14 beta there is more than just bass and treble EQ. you can adjust several different frequencies because I think it shares some of its firmware with the X5.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8mstmdpypw1dk7d/x3+FW2.14beta_volumemod.zip

I think the EQ is great on the FW 3.0 anyway so I don't use this.

This is the link with the volume mod.

Strange about your 3.21 opinion, it really shines with my Grado SR-80i

Oct 1, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #13,082 of 17,484
  Thanks all for the love for my theme. However I'm going on a work strike until we finally get playlists, and they fix the artwork scaling
wink.gif

A big problem I'm having now is the darn x3 keeps "losing" the sd card. I'm listening to music, in the middle of a song it just quits playing and gives me "file not found" for every track on the card. Internal memory works fine. Even if I try to use the browser I'll get a "format unsupported" or something like that. Eject the card, reinsert and all is well for a short time. Had this prob with the past few versions. Running a test on my card to see if it ain't fubar (has to be my 64gb card too (Kingston BTW)), and using my other 32gb (sandisk) to see if it isn't a hardware problem.
Anybody else have a similar prob?

I have EXACTLY the same problem as you. Extremely annoying.

So, you're not alone :)

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #13,085 of 17,484
  Why is the SQ of all these firmwares after 2.14b so bad? This player is capable of much more than this as seen by 2.14b. I really don't get it.

Your X3 must be a strange unit. For me, every firmware, starting with 3.0, has been much closer to the original sound of any file than any firmware before.

Oct 1, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #13,087 of 17,484

What Headphones are you using? I have tried my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s and they have loads of treble and they sound very good with 3.21. They are also very lacking in bass but it seems that 3.21 has notisably more power to the bass than 3.0. When using my AKG K550s while traveling, I don't need to boost the bass quite as high.  I didn't use 3.2 as it just had too many other issues. I once tried 2.14b and it was far too quiet.

JH16 PRO.

BTW, I'm not talking about quantity, but *quality*.

i didn't try fw 2.14b
want to try it... care to share the download link??
where is it available... couldn't find

You have to copy the fw into the micro SD, not the player's internal memory.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #13,090 of 17,484
Your X3 must be a strange unit. For me, every firmware, starting with 3.0, has been much closer to the original sound of any file than any firmware before.

I hear the same thing as FW214b. As do others, if you scroll back through this thread. On the other hand, you and others disagree and prefer 3.2 and onward.

It's a difference in preference and perspective. There's no need to be a jerk about it ("your X3 must be a strange unit").

Oct 2, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #13,095 of 17,484

Users who are viewing this thread

Back