The Fiio X3 Thread.
Sep 29, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #13,067 of 17,484
I asked FiiO if this 5800 limit would ever get fixed. They got back to me very fast and said that their software engineers are busy modifying the firmware on the X3 either to extend or cancel the track limit.

I hope that will be the case. We will see on a future firmware.

I don't know how many of you are following X5 development,
But Fiio has already released beta firmware extending the file limit. I've run into some issues with that beta software, but hopefully those bugs will be cleaned up soon! Nice to see they're planning to extend this to the X3, as well :thumbsup:.

So nice to hear

Sep 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #13,068 of 17,484
  I had the same problem with my Kingston 64Gb card and found out that the card is corrupted after checking it on my PC. Switched to my 32Gb and there's no problem.

Just finished running h2testw on the card and came back error free. Hopefully a fresh format will straighten it out. Only had this problem with this particular card, and I don't think it happened with fw3.0 either (running 3.21b now), but I could be wrong.

Sep 30, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #13,069 of 17,484
Just got an answer from Fiio :

Thanks for your mail and support to FiiO!

Kindly inform you that, our engineers are trying to add the function that if the songs has no lyric and cover, the ID3 tags information will display on the player screen all the time. If everything goes well, this function will be realized with a future firmware update. 

So waiting for future updates

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #13,070 of 17,484
Just got an answer from Fiio :

Thanks for your mail and support to FiiO!

Kindly inform you that, our engineers are trying to add the function that if the songs has no lyric and cover, the ID3 tags information will display on the player screen all the time. If everything goes well, this function will be realized with a future firmware update. 

So waiting for future updates

Only without cover though...
Let's hope they'll add an option for this in the settings.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #13,072 of 17,484
Hi gents,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your helpful replies.

I listener acoustic guitars, symphonies and classical musics. Country and jazz also. Rarely I listen to pop or electronic musics.

So this player will be ok with Vsonic GR07 Bass edition for me?

I'm waiting your comments and opinions.

Thanks

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #13,076 of 17,484
Why is the SQ of all these firmwares after 2.14b so bad? This player is capable of much more than this as seen by 2.14b. I really don't get it.

This is very interesting, I have been asking the same question about the X5, it seems the X5 took a SQ dive in firmware 2.2 and there's no explanation for it, maybe fiio's code monkeys need better headphones?

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #13,077 of 17,484
This is very interesting, I have been asking the same question about the X5, it seems the X5 took a SQ dive in firmware 2.2 and there's no explanation for it, maybe fiio's code monkeys need better headphones?

lol. Probably...

The fidelity was lost completely after 2.14b. This 3.21b version is the best so far, but still sounds muddy compared to 2.14b. Not to mention the lack of bass AND bass definition. I won't even talk about treble's detail/sparkle, fidelity in general, whatever..

I'm still with FiiO because 2.14b works for me. And sounds terrific.

Oct 1, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #13,079 of 17,484

lol. Probably...

The fidelity was lost completely after 2.14b. This 3.21b version is the best so far, but still sounds muddy compared to 2.14b. Not to mention the lack of bass AND bass definition. I won't even talk about treble's detail/sparkle, fidelity in general, whatever..

I'm still with FiiO because 2.14b works for me. And sounds terrific.

What Headphones are you using? I have tried my Audio Technica ATH-AD700s and they have loads of treble and they sound very good with 3.21. They are also very lacking in bass but it seems that 3.21 has notisably more power to the bass than 3.0. When using my AKG K550s while traveling, I don't need to boost the bass quite as high.  I didn't use 3.2 as it just had too many other issues. I once tried 2.14b and it was far too quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back