The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 18, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #10,278 of 17,481
The link to her site is
at the bottom of my review, I'm on the mobile at the moment or I would link it for you.

Oh yeah. I saw this case earlier and got the same response (not making them anymore) and didn't pursue it any further. I'm glad Nerb decided to make more available. The concerns about buttons being recessed and small holes for connectors is my main hold-up.

May 18, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #10,279 of 17,481
Are there more available now? Price?

Yes she has more available, my total cost was $60 CAD landed at my door via Xpress Post.

Oh yeah. I saw this case earlier and got the same response (not making them anymore) and didn't pursue it any further. I'm glad Nerb decided to make more available. The concerns about buttons being recessed and small holes for connectors is my main hold-up.
I sent her the review link and she said the next cases would be adjusted. Send her a message and let her know your concerns, I think you will find her very easy to work with.
:beerchug:

May 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #10,281 of 17,481
Jinxed it. I just had an epic freeze where it got stuck turning on (red screen) and couldn't be reset. I had to wait till the battery died to turn it back on.

Considering that the top reset button is a hardware based switch, cutting the power circuit straight off, i doubt that you had to wait for the battery to die?

May 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #10,282 of 17,481
Yes she has more available, my total cost was $60 CAD landed at my door via Xpress Post.
I sent her the review link and she said the next cases would be adjusted. Send her a message and let her know your concerns, I think you will find her very easy to work with.
:beerchug:

I did contact her, and she said she was more than willing to enlarge the holes. Price is 1850 THB, which is ~$57 USD including shipping.

Here are the colors:

May 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #10,283 of 17,481
Nice!
I have the middle colour, one of those tangs sewn on the edge would have been a good idea as well. :)

May 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #10,284 of 17,481
Greetings. Got my X3 the other day and am playing with 64 GIG card..  mostly flacs and alas on there with a few mp3's.   I loaded them as album/folders.  I use Grado PS 500 headphones.  I am curious about a few things and would appreciate some advice from you learned and more experience users.

1. do i need an additional amp to play those headphones off the X3-- the sound is pretty clear and goes much louder than I could bear.  I also use them on my BW P7's

2.  do i have to retag every entry, each song that is, and if so , how do i retag them.. I usually play the songs on shuffle or by artist/shuffle.

3. any other ideas or comments that i might ant to know would be apprciated
 thank you in advance

artguide

May 18, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #10,285 of 17,481
There's a fair amount of criticism regarding the software on the X3. Rightly so but I think it's a case of Fiio's ambition exceeding their capability. It's a very ambitious project to produce a machine that plays all the differing formats right up to the highest res. It can play all Apple formats, Windows, FLAC, Ogg etc, be a DAC, have a decent Headphone amp and all for £160! That's cheaper than the cables in my HiFi!

It has been a pain when the software collapses but it's hardly surprising with such a complex device and at least they are continuing to improve it.

I'm running the 2.14Beta which was freezing a lot until I deleted everything on my 64G Kingston micro SD. One song wouldn't  delete and it came up that there were errors on the card which Windows repaired finally removing the offending track. I reformatted via the X3 and have had very few freezes/breaks since. It had previously been jumping on tracks which I was having to delete and reinsert but this is cured too.

Looking at the posts it's something to bear in mind that it's not necessarily the X3 at fault when it goes wrong.

Credit to Fiio for constantly improving it. 2.14b is the best so far.

Cheers

May 18, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #10,286 of 17,481
Greetings. Got my X3 the other day and am playing with 64 GIG card..  mostly flacs and alas on there with a few mp3's.   I loaded them as album/folders.  I use Grado PS 500 headphones.  I am curious about a few things and would appreciate some advice from you learned and more experience users.

1. do i need an additional amp to play those headphones off the X3-- the sound is pretty clear and goes much louder than I could bear.  I also use them on my BW P7's

2.  do i have to retag every entry, each song that is, and if so , how do i retag them.. I usually play the songs on shuffle or by artist/shuffle.

3. any other ideas or comments that i might ant to know would be apprciated
 thank you in advance

artguide

1. Absolutely not.

2. Only if you're having organizational issues.

3. Kick back and enjoy!

May 18, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #10,289 of 17,481
I did contact her, and she said she was more than willing to enlarge the holes. Price is 1850 THB, which is ~$57 USD including shipping.

Here are the colors:

Nice!
I have the middle colour, one of those tangs sewn on the edge would have been a good idea as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ordered a black one earlier today. They do look proper amazing!

May 18, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #10,290 of 17,481
hey  thanks!   I guess the only way to charge the X3 is through the usb cable and into my mac?  no way to hook that cable into an AC adapter of some kind?
cheers
E

AC charger should work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back