The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 17, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #10,261 of 17,481
Ok guys, I went to another retailer two days back, tested on their X3 which is updated to 2.1 and I still got that error message about my 64GB card.

In other words, the FW does not matter; it's how the card is formatted. Yes, I know most of you know this by now and told me so (thanks again!), but I am saying this for new owners(to-be) of the X3 to just format their cards first using the X3 itself before reporting the issue.

i.e. Treat this post as an update/case study of that 64GB card "issue"

May 17, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #10,263 of 17,481
Re: BETA 2.14b

Does anyone know of any method that prevents the stop of track/having to unplug headphone with the Beta 2.14?  
I love the sound but it freezes too much. Not complaining, as it's beta, but has anyone figured any trick or setting to avoid this?  

As an aside, I think Fiio is doing a great job.  There is no other DAP on the market for the same price that can do what X3 does.  You can't compare the sound of the X3 to a Cowon product, or a Clip, etc.  It's just not close.  

I also use it primarily for MP3's, and that's my prerogative.  There are many who will do the same as I.  At this price point, it serves many purposed for differing clientele.  Smart marketing, Fiio!

May 17, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #10,264 of 17,481
The new leather case arrived from Thailand for the X3, excellent workmanship, I'll be posting a review of it later on with more pictures etc...

A7X "This Means War" from Hail to the King is slammin on the Koss TBSE's!

Looks sweet! Any way to get that from the US?

May 17, 2014 at 9:32 PM Post #10,266 of 17,481
Looks sweet! Any way to get that from the US?

No you have to get it from Thailand, her shop is on Facebook, just send them a message.

May 17, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #10,267 of 17,481
The X3 leather case review is up for those who want to know more info / how to get one.
http://www.head-fi.org/products/nerb-handcraft-fiio-x3-leather-case/reviews/11022
beerchug.gif

May 17, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #10,268 of 17,481

Does anyone know of any method that prevents the stop of track/having to unplug headphone with the Beta 2.14?  
I love the sound but it freezes too much. Not complaining, as it's beta, but has anyone figured any trick or setting to avoid this?  

As an aside, I think Fiio is doing a great job.  There is no other DAP on the market for the same price that can do what X3 does.  You can't compare the sound of the X3 to a Cowon product, or a Clip, etc.  It's just not close.  

I also use it primarily for MP3's, and that's my prerogative.  There are many who will do the same as I.  At this price point, it serves many purposed for differing clientele.  Smart marketing, Fiio!

I never froze or crashed in 2.1. I get them now on 2.14beta but it really isn't the player as much as the tracks. Only happens on files with terrible tags from places like soundcloud. Equally so on files with overly large cover pictures.

When I notice one is bad, I redo the tags and image and problem solved.

May 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #10,269 of 17,481

I find that only happens to me if I'm trying to shuffle play. Regular order doesn't seem to freeze for me.
Another weird quirk I just noticed is a bunch of my m4a files all show as ska genre. Converted one to flac and the genre went back to the correct one from the id3. Gotta assume this has something to do with how itunes tags things since that was what I originally used. Might have to dl mp3tag again, but it could already be fixed for all I know...
Cheers....(hopefully not too many more sleeps before we get a release version
wink.gif
)

May 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #10,273 of 17,481
May 17, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #10,275 of 17,481
I would advise not to hold your breath on that.  Hear that many times before..rinse and repeat.

Definitely worth the wait though. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back