The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 27, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #13,353 of 17,484
  Have you updated the media library?

Yeah, I just checked again and I'm getting the same problem.

That's exactly the behavior I saw with the 1st 64GB card I bought - a fake (really a 2GB).  Same thing with the Sandisk 128GB I bought a couple months ago from an Amazon reseller - which was a fake (really an 8GB chip).  At least I knew about fakes with that one, and was suspicious right away when it came formatted FAT32 instead of EX-FATT.

I thought about this and made sure to get (what seemed like) a decent brand. Is there any way to check if there's a problem with the card specifically? It might be inevitable having to buy another SD, I'm not looking forward to the idea of dropping more cash and potentially dealing with the same issue...

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #13,355 of 17,484
Hello eveybody and sory in admvance if my question previously posted...

I order today a Fiio X3 and I'm searching an 128Gb card to use with it.

Can someone confirm to me that this model http://goo.gl/wZP7qt works correctly with the X3 ?

Thanks a lot.

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #13,356 of 17,484
I am facing an issue with my x3. After around 1-2 hours of playback using headphone out, I start getting crackling sound in the headphone. No issues when using line out connected to my car
I have tried other headphones but same issue with the playback using headphone out. Turning off the x3 and back on seems to fix the issue but issue reappears after a playback session of 15-20 mins.

Is it a known issue? I am using firmware version 3.0

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #13,357 of 17,484
  I am facing an issue with my x3. After around 1-2 hours of playback using headphone out, I start getting crackling sound in the headphone. No issues when using line out connected to my car
I have tried other headphones but same issue with the playback using headphone out. Turning off the x3 and back on seems to fix the issue but issue reappears after a playback session of 15-20 mins.

Is it a known issue? I am using firmware version 3.0

What files are you listening to? I'm only listening to flac files and never had such issue with firmware 3.0.

Oct 27, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #13,359 of 17,484
From your description i guess that is a malfunction in the headphone amp circuit...maybe it is a malfunction unit ... Try the latest firmware beta available as a last try if not worked return or change your player under the warranty

Oct 27, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #13,360 of 17,484

Yeah, I just checked again and I'm getting the same problem.

I thought about this and made sure to get (what seemed like) a decent brand. Is there any way to check if there's a problem with the card specifically? It might be inevitable having to buy another SD, I'm not looking forward to the idea of dropping more cash and potentially dealing with the same issue...

There's a program to download specifically for testing cards but I forget the name.  Do a Google search on fake sd cards.  If it is a fake then you should get a refund.  Even if it's just defective, you should get a refund.

If you buy a card that seems super cheap, well that's almost certainly a fake.  Top names like Sandisk also get faked, including the packaging - and they may not be discounted a lot.  Buying DIRECTLY from a reputable volume seller is the best protection.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #13,362 of 17,484
Ive had the same issue apparently... At first I thought it was from my Headphone (B&WP7) as flac tracks like Ball and Biscuit by White stripes do emit a crackling sound from my X3 although the tracks play perfectly fine on my AudioTechnica ATH m50s...

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #13,363 of 17,484
Im playing files from Internal Storage... Flac files btw. I still get that crackling sound though.. I wonder what kind of headphones you are using?? Thanks...
  Both flac and mp3 shows same issue. No other issues observed. Issue is not related to files as the same file plays perfect normally, but once the crackling sound starts no file plays perfectly

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #13,365 of 17,484
  any1 can confirm some iems that has a good synergy with x3 or perhaps x3+12 ?
please give a list if possible.
appreciate it very much !

what is your price range ?
all in all ... i enjoyed it with etymotic HF5 & Shure se535 ( but it is a little warm combination ) i guess SE425 will be more suitable and the SE535 with E12 ... there is E12 iem version if you want to take a look at ... it will be just perfect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back