The Fiio X3 Thread.
Oct 26, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #13,336 of 17,484

Techically it boosts gain in amplification not sensitivity. Sensitivity is a measure of headphones. 

The boost in amplification also boosts the noise floor of the amp.

i speak under correction, but when i was into car audio when you adjusted the gain on the amps i was told that the gain increases the sensitivity to changes in the signal

Oct 26, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #13,337 of 17,484
  i speak under correction, but when i was into car audio when you adjusted the gain on the amps i was told that the gain increases the sensitivity to changes in the signal

In practice this is what it may seem like, but technically it is applying a boost to the fixed incoming signal not an enhanced sensitivity to it. All the elements of the incoming signal are boosted, including the noise. 
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #13,340 of 17,484
  Im disappointed you cant use the X3 while its charging. Same thing was with Cowon J3

Have you tried turning it on and then putting it on charge? Or is it fully flat? Try charging it for a bit, then unplug it, turn it on and put it back on charge and it works no problem. I carry around a portable charger with me and it works very well when working and charging. It just doesn't turn on when it is charging. You need to turn it on first.
It may also depend on the output power of the charger you use.

I hope that this will work for you.

Oct 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #13,341 of 17,484

Have you tried turning it on and then putting it on charge? Or is it fully flat? Try charging it for a bit, then unplug it, turn it on and put it back on charge and it works no problem. I carry around a portable charger with me and it works very well when working and charging. It just doesn't turn on when it is charging. You need to turn it on first.
It may also depend on the output power of what charger you use.

I hope that this will work for you.

Thanks that worked!
Does the green light at the bottom mean its charging? 

Oct 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #13,345 of 17,484
That is so weird - my unit turns on fine when it is charging!

I use my X3 for car audio, and have it semi-fixed into my car with the RCA line out and USB mini charger always plugged in.

It's a Toyota, so when I turn on the car - power goes to the unit. When the battery is fully charged, nothing happens.

When the battery needs a charge and I turn on the car - the unit does a sort of self power on, then the screen goes immediately to a picture of the battery charging.

Then, if I just hit the on button for like a split second, the unit comes on (e.g. it's already booted, and is just showing the charging icon).

I like this quite a bit, because it makes turning it on quicker.

Once in a blue moon the unit will not turn on - and then unplugging it will allow it to boot up - but this is RARE for me.

Oct 26, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #13,347 of 17,484
I picked up the x3 a few weeks ago and I'm really digging it so far. However, I'm having trouble accessing files on the SD card with the "Playback Failed, File Not Found." error.

I noticed a few people mentioning the same problem earlier in the thread but I'm not sure if there is any universal resolution here. I've got a brand new Samsung class 10 64gb micro SD, formatted with either GUI format or the x3 itself - updated the latest firmware. It seems I can add a few folders onto the card and initially it plays fine. If I then add any additional albums they will start to bug out and on occasion albums that previously played fine can start to have issues (I've attempted this a few times now).

Is there any advice here?

Oct 26, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #13,349 of 17,484
^ This ^

Oct 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #13,350 of 17,484
  I picked up the x3 a few weeks ago and I'm really digging it so far. However, I'm having trouble accessing files on the SD card with the "Playback Failed, File Not Found." error.

I noticed a few people mentioning the same problem earlier in the thread but I'm not sure if there is any universal resolution here. I've got a brand new Samsung class 10 64gb micro SD, formatted with either GUI format or the x3 itself - updated the latest firmware. It seems I can add a few folders onto the card and initially it plays fine. If I then add any additional albums they will start to bug out and on occasion albums that previously played fine can start to have issues (I've attempted this a few times now).

Is there any advice here?

That's exactly the behavior I saw with the 1st 64GB card I bought - a fake (really a 2GB).  Same thing with the Sandisk 128GB I bought a couple months ago from an Amazon reseller - which was a fake (really an 8GB chip).  At least I knew about fakes with that one, and was suspicious right away when it came formatted FAT32 instead of EX-FATT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back