The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 21, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #10,321 of 17,484

Thanks umdesch4,

Most of my gapless albums are 16/44.1 (house, trance, live etc.).  So basically with 16/44.1 it plays flawlessly on the transition with no clicks?

I also have been trying to keep up with the firmwares.  I'm guessing if I purchase from Amazon it would come with the 2.1?

Thanks again

Well, so far all my CD rips to FLAC have sounded great. At least I haven't noticed clicks. I would also guess that 2.1 is the standard shipping firmware version. That's what mine had when I got it about 6 weeks ago.

May 21, 2014 at 12:40 AM Post #10,322 of 17,484
...Torn between the X3, X5 and DX50 or 90...

Thanks!
That's quite the range of torn between's, I'd go DX90 FTW Bro! Or maybe one of the new AK100 MKII's :D

May 21, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #10,323 of 17,484
That's quite the range of torn between's, I'd go DX90 FTW Bro! Or maybe one of the new AK100 MKII's
biggrin.gif

Thanks umdesch4.......Appreciate the help!!!!
gs1000.gif

Hahaha.  Waz up TD...
beerchug.gif

One of my deciding factors will be price..lol....Curious really, been an apple junkie for so long (which I love
biggrin.gif
).....Wanna see what these players can do against my apple babies and also my Clip+ and Clip Zip (Rockboxed).

Cheers!!!

May 21, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #10,324 of 17,484
Just for the record I have had virtually no issues with gapless playback since 2.1 and the vast majority of my files are either 24/96 or 24/192. Lot's of hi-rez Floyd, Alan Parsons, Nirvana and Clapton unplugged and the like.

May 21, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #10,327 of 17,484
  Just for the record I have had virtually no issues with gapless playback since 2.1 and the vast majority of my files are either 24/96 or 24/192. Lot's of hi-rez Floyd, Alan Parsons, Nirvana and Clapton unplugged and the like.

I have The Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd and Clapton unplugged too. The tracks that do join together do work find but I seem to sometimes have a small problem between other tracks. It just seems to skip out the last second of the track its playing and then suddenly moves on to the next one. I know it is meant to be gapless playback but I don't think it is meant to skip anything out when the tracks don't join together. It may be that I am just used to the way my old player worked.

May 22, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #10,330 of 17,484

I was just hoping maybe someone who knew how didn't see my first post. This thread moves fast and you can easily miss something with the 15 pages about gapless playback or 50 pages on the volume change between 2.14b and 2.1. I didn't think bringing up a topic a second time would cause you dismay.

Sorry; won't happen again.

#sass

May 22, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #10,331 of 17,484

I have The Alan Parsons Project, Pink Floyd and Clapton unplugged too. The tracks that do join together do work find but I seem to sometimes have a small problem between other tracks. It just seems to skip out the last second of the track its playing and then suddenly moves on to the next one. I know it is meant to be gapless playback but I don't think it is meant to skip anything out when the tracks don't join together. It may be that I am just used to the way my old player worked.

What file format are you guys using for your high resolution tracks?

Might help out others if they knew FLAC, for example, has less problems than say AIFF, again just for example.

May 22, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #10,334 of 17,484
The beta modded version of the firmware can get a bit warm after volume 65 (low gain). I think it's like overclocking a computer, without placing it in a cool area, it does get hot!

Edit: If anyone is wondering, I'm using V-Moda M100's. The things need a bit more juice in loud places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back