The Fiio X3 Thread.
May 25, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #10,353 of 17,484
The main thing I am wanting FW 3.0 to sort out is the problem with Mp3s. I just here this annoying background hissing noise that wasn't there in the original recording. Nothing sound wrong with the quality of 320kbps Mp3s though but I still  hope that 3.0 will sort this background noise problem out. (I don't notice this on any other format).

If anybody knows if this is one of the issues that is getting fixed, I would be interested to know.

It would also be nice to be able to play all the albums on my SD card from A to Z without having to select another album each time one ends. I am not quite as bothered about this though.

May 25, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #10,354 of 17,484
Since the mp3 issue was solved already in the 2.14beta I'll be very surprised if it's not solved in 3.0.

May 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #10,355 of 17,484
Happy to hear about the 3.0 firmware.

I know Fiio went through a complete change of code, (something is not very common for a product already on the market) and have worked very hard to achieve what I would think will be an amazing X3.

That being said the last official firmware (2.1) was released 20th of November 2013, that's more than 6 months. I just want to highlight that in all those months, problems existed for basic functions, in the future, I would suggest to find a way to quickly fix those critical problems and work on improvements and new features at a different (slower) pace.

Being part of the beta group, I have to say X3 owners will be very happy.

May 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #10,356 of 17,484

I know Fiio went through a complete change of code, (something is not very common for a product already on the market) and have worked very hard to achieve what I would think will be an amazing X3.

That being said the last official firmware (2.1) was released 20th of November 2013, that's more than 6 months. I just want to highlight that in all those months, problems existed for basic functions, in the future, I would suggest to find a way to quickly fix those critical problems and work on improvements and new features at a different (slower) pace.

very sorry for the delay, we have not enough engineer, and X3 need to share the work of X5 too. and the 3.0 is not the final version too cause we want to make as good as we can. but also please understand that we can

upgrading for ever.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
May 25, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #10,359 of 17,484
A while back I asked if anyone had any input on the X3 when used with iGrado headphones.
I try them with the X3 every once in awhile, and I've found iGrado sounds good when playing lossy stuff, but anything of better quality sounds kind of dead/hollow/undetailed.
Still, makes my iPod almost obsolete.

LATER: I just did an extensive compare-and-contrast playing lossy stuff on the X3, various bitrates, AAC and MP3, listening with iGrado, Grado SR 60, and Grado SR 80i, and I believe I like the iGrado best, setting bass at 0 and treble at +10.

May 25, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #10,360 of 17,484
TrollDragon: [OT] Still rockin' the EFI82-MT, eh? Under appreciated HP, aren't they! Tried any other cables? If so, what changes (if any) did they make? [/OT]
Yes indeed they certainly are an underrated, underappreciated headphone around here. I still use them when working around and for testing new tubes etc... Great sound and comfort from these if you like a headphone with a good bass drive. Unfortunately mine have been taken apart so much that the plastic yokes have a really annoying creak to them now.

All I did was add a TRS jack for a detachable cable option and shortened up the stock cable with new plugs. I personally don't notice differences in cables so they sound good to me with any cable. :D

I have to get a pair of Takstar's one of these days, another underrated headphone around here...

May 25, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #10,361 of 17,484

very sorry for the delay, we have not enough engineer, and X3 need to share the work of X5 too. and the 3.0 is not the final version too cause we want to make as good as we can. but also please understand that we can

upgrading for ever.

I understand, I am quite happy with the update for the X3, also good that now fixing bugs and adding features on the X3 and the X5 should be more practical since both share code, but I think is important to highlight the experience with the X3 for future updates and products.

Thanks for your effort and for the interaction here with your users.

May 25, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #10,362 of 17,484

I'm sure we'll find something to complain about
wink.gif

May 25, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #10,364 of 17,484
No doubt. Can't make everyone happy. With its current SQ I'm happy. Stability is my only desire at this point.
+1 to that, not having to plug/unplug would make me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back