The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #451 of 17,484
Quote:

Let me explained why I said it is not for "audiophile" because I think our products is designed for anyone who love music. as you can saw we never claimed our products is belong to hifi or hiend.

but it is not means it is not suitable for audiophile. 

I'd rather have X3 than any of the so-called "audiophile" DAPs. FiiO is real quality for the money. 

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #452 of 17,484
Quote:
No 1: your link is dead.
No 2: I don't know you, and I don't know what your inferring by "Barton". I'm not liking the irritating sarcasm. My name isn't Barton,...or should I just call you "Boris" or "Borscht" from now on?
No 3: moderately priced & reasonably convenient mean it won't be audiophile? Your the type that equates exorbitant amounts of $$$ with better sq. Quite foolish in the long run. I guess if it were an $800+ device, sized like a brick, and you'd expect audiophile performance. Funny,...

• Checked the link just now. No, not dead. Must be a temporary glitch. [size=1em]Anyway, the whole Barton thing was a quote from a movie called Barton Fink.[/size]
  • Let's not flame in this thread. It's long enough as it is.
  • I never said I expected X3 to have bad SQ. I was just trying to explain why I think guys from Fiio don't market it as an audiophile player. And judging by what James just said, I wasn't too far from how Fiio sees it. At its price, with its features, X3 can be used by any music lover. Nobody but an audiophile (or a hipster) would use, say, Tera Player.
    Of course X3 may suite an audiophile just fine. It might even be the best choice for its upgradeability. Sure, you can pair a DX100 with any DAC/amp you like, but wouldn't it suck knowing you paid a few hundreds dollars for the built-in DAC and amp you don't use? With X3, you get a great (one hopes) digital source for a very decent price.

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #453 of 17,484
Quote:

Let me explained why I said it is not for "audiophile" because I think our products is designed for anyone who love music. as you can saw we never claimed our products is belong to hifi or hiend.

but it is not means it is not suitable for audiophile. 

Perfect!!  I hope that with this statement cordiality and mutual respect will return to the thread.
wink_face.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #455 of 17,484
Quote:
First batch, only few will be sold in China ( about 100pcs ) to test the market. we plan to ship out the X3 to our agents in China on 24th.

The second batch, 1,000pcs for China market, 1,000pcs for few regions ( not decided yet, but should includes Taiwang and Hong Kong ). ETA: 5th, June

The Third batch, >5,000pcs for the whole world. ETA, 5th, July.

Woot!  Can I be #7 on the "whole world" list?  I don't want to appear too anxious!
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #456 of 17,484
It is funny how no one has heard the X3 but some say it is not audiophile and others say they prefer it to all other audiophile players. All of this based on wind. The only thing that can be reasonably said is that based of Fiio's track record of great products in terms of price quality ratio, this player should be a great deal for 200 bucks. The rest is just conjecture.

Apr 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #458 of 17,484
Quote:
Hi Fiio
When X3 will be available for Europe in june can we order it/put or name down here or we have to go to dealers or Fiio's own website?

Ok, how will FiiO sell it here, in this thread, on head-fi?!?!?! Questions are one thing, but this ones rediculous. 

Sigh,...I'm going to stay out of this thread until FiiO releases the X3. It's getting too unproductive in here.

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #460 of 17,484
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Fiio
When X3 will be available for Europe in june can we order it/put or name down here or we have to go to dealers or Fiio's own website?

Ok, how will FiiO sell it here, in this thread, on head-fi?!?!?! Questions are one thing, but this ones rediculous. 

Sigh,...I'm going to stay out of this thread until FiiO releases the X3. It's getting too unproductive in here.

Just use your brain.
We can put our names down here for X3 to be the first to get it when will be available.That's one idea.
deadhorse.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #461 of 17,484
Quote:
Just use your brain.
We can put our names down here for X3 to be the first to get it when will be available.That's one idea.
deadhorse.gif

Or we could just be patient and stop harassing the good people at FiiO.....(what a concept!)

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #463 of 17,484
musicday, and a few others "requesting" things, no more posts please. All information you need is in the first post. This thread is going in the direction of the last one, and I'd rather it not. Let Fiio decide what strategy will suit them best. If they want your advice, they'll ask for it.

Thank you.

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #465 of 17,484
Really close on getting a CLAS, but rather wait to see the X3, depending on how this ends up, may save some money and eliminate the need for an iDevice, since the DX100 is not doing it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back