The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 19, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #437 of 17,484
Quote:
next time, musicday will ask fiio if the x3 can also make sandwiches for him

Tell me where you are and I will bring you some bread.
But maybe you won't eat bread.
wink.gif

In the X3 forum we can ask anything about X3.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #438 of 17,484
Quote:

It seems that it can't.
I've tried to find a software to transform SACD DSD ISO files into other 24bits formart that X3 can support, but I couldn't find any.

Extract the ISO with sacd_extract and convert to what you want with foobar2000 - you need the DSDIFF Decoder plugin.
Or you can try the Super Audio CD Decoder plugin (foobar2000), it should be capable decoding the ISO directly.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #441 of 17,484
Quote:

Where did this misinformation come from? Seems to me that FiiO has this listed as a player that can handle all the audio formats we mostly want included - mp3/LAME is in the specs. So, as they say, this IS an mp3 player.

Barton, it was a joke. ©
But the rationale behind the joke was, for all the talk that X3 is not an audiophile player, it's a player for people who care about sound quality. Not everything that is true about iPods or what have you should necessarily apply to X3.

Apr 19, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #442 of 17,484
Barton, it was a joke. ©
But the rationale behind the joke was, for all the talk that X3 is not an audiophile player, it's a player for people who care about sound quality. Not everything that is true about iPods or what have you should necessarily apply to X3.

Was that "Pardon"? :rolleyes:

And yes, we all know it's not touted as an audiophile player. But FiiO is also a modest company,...time will tell.:wink:

Apr 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #446 of 17,484
Quote:
No, it wasn't 
wink.gif

I think X3 is “not and audiophile player” in that it's a) moderately priced and b) reasonably convenient. Unlike some other DAPs that sacrifice everything for SQ 
rolleyes.gif

No 1: your link is dead.
No 2: I don't know you, and I don't know what your inferring by "Barton". I'm not liking the irritating sarcasm. My name isn't Barton,...or should I just call you "Boris" or "Borscht" from now on?
No 3: moderately priced & reasonably convenient mean it won't be audiophile? Your the type that equates exorbitant amounts of $$$ with better sq. Quite foolish in the long run. I guess if it were an $800+ device, sized like a brick, and you'd expect audiophile performance. Funny,...

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #447 of 17,484
Quote:
No 2: I don't know you, and I don't know what your inferring by "Barton". I'm not liking the irritating sarcasm. My name isn't Barton,...or should I just call you "Boris" or "Borscht" from now on?
No 3: moderately priced & reasonably convenient mean it won't be audiophile? Your the type that equates exorbitant amounts of $$$ with better sq. Quite foolish in the long run. I guess if it were an $800+ device, sized like a brick, and you'd expect audiophile performance. Funny,...

I agree with this. FiiO has a great track record for making quality products that both deliver great sound while maintaining affordable prices. There are plenty of headphones, amps, dacs etc. that perform way above their price, and this product seems to be one of those. Obviously, no one knows yet, but given the information that is available one can only assume it will be a great sounding DAP. It is perfectly possible to have to get great SQ from low priced or moderately price gear.  

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #448 of 17,484
Quote:

Let me explained why I said it is not for "audiophile" because I think our products is designed for anyone who love music. as you can saw we never claimed our products is belong to hifi or hiend.

but it is not means it is not suitable for audiophile. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #449 of 17,484
Let me explained why I said it is not for "audiophile" because I think our products is designed for anyone who love music. as you can saw we never claimed our products is belong to hifi or hiend.

but it is not means it is not suitable for audiophile. 

I doubt any of us will be disappointed. And the fact it's NOT $800 doesn't mean the sq will be worse than any other "QUALITY" player. I think this will be a WINNER!!! :cool:

Apr 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #450 of 17,484
Quote:

Boris, I feel your pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Back