The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #4,336 of 17,484
That will definitely be a copyright issue....

I suggest downloading some free music and using that as a test album. You can also create a bunch of dummy flac/wav/mp3 files using Audacity, copy paste, and simply manually enter in artist/album/track information.

Generate like 4-5 minutes of pink noise and use something like MP3Tag (windows) to change it to the proper album/artist/track structure. Then copy paste that and change the album names and such. That way you can generate 60 gigs of pink noise and create multiple "albums" (AlbumA1, AlbumB1, AlbumC1, AlbumA2, AlbumB2, AlbumC2) with multiple tracks in each (01 A1.flac, 02 A2.flac) and not run into any copyright problems.

Your software engineers should be able to come up with a naming scheme that fits their use case. I suggest "Ar##" for the artist, then pick the album name like AR##AB## for albums, then ## AR##AB##.FLAC for the actual file name itself. Should take only an hour or so to get it done with Audacity and MP3Tag, no need for complicated upload/downlod and running into bandwidth issues.

Then put that on the company network and let all engineers have access to the directory for testing.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #4,337 of 17,484
Quote:
That will definitely be a copyright issue....

I suggest downloading some free music and using that as a test album. You can also create a bunch of dummy flac/wav/mp3 files using Audacity, copy paste, and simply manually enter in artist/album/track information.

Good suggestion but I think James want to replicate the particular problem faced by individual users with regards to unplayable music and use the same music files the user has. Of course copyright will then be a problem. Does it matter if it can be documented that the music file was deleted after testing?

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #4,338 of 17,484
We sometimes ask people to send problem files to us at my work so we can figure out what is causing the problem. So far we've never got in trouble; although technically this is sharing music so the potential to get in trouble is there. I'd guess 'they' would only find out if someone reported file sharing.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #4,339 of 17,484
most problems are cause by the original music files, so it will not make sense if we use some sample music cause when we have corrective music files, X3 will have not problem to play it. otherwise I will fire the QC engineers and the QC ;manager because they lied to the customer.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #4,342 of 17,484
Quote:
I tried contacting FiiO and MP4 Nation at the same time. It does not seem that MP4 Nation wants to do anything about it. I showed them the video and all they asked me if it still works and if it was like when I first got it. Something is moving inside. How are those questions even relevant....

FiiO did not reply back to my e-mail. I'm considering contacting my visa company to reverse the charges on this order if I don't get this settled by tomorrow. I paid using paypal and it went through my visa. Do you think calling visa and sending in a complaint would work in my situation?

Try emailing their support address and give FiiO 2 days to respond. If all else fails, you could just mention it to James if you don't get a responce in a few days. 

Please dude, wait for a reply from the company.

To be fair though, your unit was not 'defective' or had any faults after it got to you. Thus not DOA. This may be in FiiO's jurisdiction to handle so wait for a reply from their support staff before you get yourself banned from ever using mp4nation again (righteously). Go to your credit card company last. They do things the hard way. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #4,343 of 17,484
Today I have been trying my X3 with my HY3 CIEM's and a selection of EDM music.

This selection included Astrix, Infected Mushroom, Skazi, Delerium, 1200 Micrograms, Astral Projection and Deadmau5. Some of this as 320k MP3 and some as FLAC.

Punchy, deep, controlled bass, balanced mids and trebles and a lovely separation and soundstage against a black background with not a trace of background hiss or indeed anything at all that would ruin the pleasure.

Wonderful job sound quality wise, Fiio. Just excellent.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #4,344 of 17,484
Quote:
Try emailing their support address and give FiiO 2 days to respond. If all else fails, you could just mention it to James if you don't get a responce in a few days. 

Please dude, wait for a reply from the company.

To be fair though, your unit was not 'defective' or had any faults after it got to you. Thus not DOA. This may be in FiiO's jurisdiction to handle so wait for a reply from their support staff before you get yourself banned from ever using mp4nation again (righteously). Go to your credit card company last. They do things the hard way. 

I think it was DOA because I noticed sounds when I did get it. I was just too busy studying for exams that I didn't have the time to look at it carefully. I just realized it randomly the other day because I was cradling the X3 and rotating it with my fingers that I felt something moving inside. 

Yes I know its my fault for not fully looking at the device as soon as it arrived. :frowning2: 

Am I allowed to open it up and see what's the problem? Will that void any warranty? I couldn't find anything that says "do not open or warranty will be void" sticker. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #4,345 of 17,484
Quote:
I think it was DOA because I noticed sounds when I did get it. I was just too busy studying for exams that I didn't have the time to look at it carefully. I just realized it randomly the other day because I was cradling the X3 and rotating it with my fingers that I felt something moving inside. 

Yes I know its my fault for not fully looking at the device as soon as it arrived. :frowning2: 

Am I allowed to open it up and see what's the problem? Will that void any warranty? I couldn't find anything that says "do not open or warranty will be void" sticker. 

DOA means Dead on Arrival. 

Please wait for a response from the correct channels. MP4Nation AND FiiO before trying little science experiments or asking questions for alternative fixes. Because why go for alternative ones when the primary channel is easiest. 

If you want to, you can. It's hard as hell to close back up though. I do not know if it will void warranty. But I would only recommend you attempt to open, diagnose, and close it up if you are dilligent and patient. Right now, you do not seem to have patience (no offense) so I would not recommend it. I personally am a pretty patient person already, and was on the border of raging getting the X3 back together.

Overall message: We(I) are not device support staff of FiiO's. For problems that don't involve general questions about the unit. Waiting for FiiO support to offer you a solution is the best solution. So please just sit down for the next two days and wait for a responce from market or support @ FiiO. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #4,346 of 17,484
Quote:
I think the VSonic GR07 might pair well with the X3's warmth.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I pulled the trigger on the XBAs already but the GR07's look good enough value that if I don't like the XBAs I'll still be able to go for them. I have two daughters with Apple devices either of whom would be very happy to take the XBAs off my hands. The GR07 sound like they would suit me though, so I'm almost hoping not to like the XBAs (and so are my daughters) 8^).
Thanks again.

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #4,347 of 17,484
Not in mine, that was delivered with the x3

In the pdf that's in the system memory of the X3, page 11, point G.

--CH23

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #4,348 of 17,484
the xba are all picky iems when it's about impedance. so you might prefer another iem, but your xba will probably give it's very best on the X3.
if you could report about a little AB test between the x3 and an apple thingy, I would appreciate it. (xba3 should get brighter and sound a little distorted on high impedance source).

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #4,349 of 17,484
Quote:
DOA means Dead on Arrival. 

Please wait for a response from the correct channels. MP4Nation AND FiiO before trying little science experiments or asking questions for alternative fixes. Because why go for alternative ones when the primary channel is easiest. 

If you want to, you can. It's hard as hell to close back up though. I do not know if it will void warranty. But I would only recommend you attempt to open, diagnose, and close it up if you are dilligent and patient. Right now, you do not seem to have patience (no offense) so I would not recommend it. I personally am a pretty patient person already, and was on the border of raging getting the X3 back together.

Overall message: We(I) are not device support staff of FiiO's. For problems that don't involve general questions about the unit. Waiting for FiiO support to offer you a solution is the best solution. So please just sit down for the next two days and wait for a responce from market or support @ FiiO. 

Ok. I'll wait lol. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #4,350 of 17,484
Quote:
the xba are all picky iems when it's about impedance. so you might prefer another iem, but your xba will probably give it's very best on the X3.
if you could report about a little AB test between the x3 and an apple thingy, I would appreciate it. (xba3 should get brighter and sound a little distorted on high impedance source).

I'll do my best - I'm a newly converted audiophile so I'm still learning. I can certainly tell you which I prefer but I might not be able to explain why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back