The Fiio X3 Thread.
Apr 1, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #286 of 17,484
Quote:
Hey guys, I am looking for a nice DAP which will be sold in EU, can be found in EU so no need to buy it online and have trouble with custom taxes etc etc. Do you think it is worth waiting for this one? What is the estimated price for EU? So far so good, I like what I am seeing, but still wanted to get head-fiers opinions.

Ps: No time, I couldn't read 20 pages of posts, sorry if the questions have already answers.

EDIT: How powerful it is going to be? For example 300 ohm headphones would need additional amp?

Thanks in advance, Fiio can really end my long lasting DAP search. In EU, our access to most Chinese products are quite limited due to shipping and custom taxes. Fiio is working internationally and making wonderful things. So why not?

The first post. Please read the first post.

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #287 of 17,484
What ^he^ said,...all the info is in the FIRST POST!!! It's IN THE TITLE OF THE THREAD!!! 
L3000.gif

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #288 of 17,484
Ok, my bad guys, I was over excited about the news and directly jumped. Should have read it before. Yeah I took my time, read quite a lot, didn't write my lab. report but it was worth it. I believe I don't need to search for DAP anymore. I have answers to my questions and waiting for Fiio to release it. I was even considering E12 with it but it really doesn't need it I guess. As soon as they put it officially in here, I am getting one.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #290 of 17,484
Pardon the brief derail....^ Panda man, that is the funniest avatar I've ever seen on here.

Can't wait to try one of these - Fiio has distribution in Vietnam. Now how will I convince my wife that I really should have one of these...

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #291 of 17,484
Quote:
Pardon the brief derail....^ Panda man, that is the funniest avatar I've ever seen on here.

Can't wait to try one of these - Fiio has distribution in Vietnam. Now how will I convince my wife that I really should have one of these...

Your comment has been relayed to my Avatar designer, good friend, and Head-fi Extraordinaire, WARREN! 
biggrin.gif

He designed these animal chest stamps for this month. Join TMAC. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #292 of 17,484
It's like a Neil Diamond album cover gone very, very wrong hahaha

Apr 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM Post #293 of 17,484
Quote:
It's like a Neil Diamond album cover gone very, very wrong hahaha

Ooh, I wouldn't mind designing a Neil Diamond album cover, that'd be pretty cool.  I've only done three album covers before, and they were pretty different (genre-wise) from Neil.

Apr 2, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #294 of 17,484
One of the key questions for me is how it will sound in comparison with HM 601 for example... what will be the tone of the sound- warm lke in HM or neutral or something else. Will it be a well deatailed sound pleasant for listening etc. Basing only on tech spec this question is utopia. Waiting for some reviews or impressions (hope they will happen some day)

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #297 of 17,484
 buy a 128gb sdxc  if space is that important,  if it supports 64 then 128  formatted fat32  should work

As long as the 128gb SDXC card doesn't have the new pin configuration it'll work. They seem to have some trickling out now,...

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #298 of 17,484
Quote:
8gb+64gb in 2013 

=/

i was dreaming of (at least) a second sd slot. today everyone has archives with min. 100gb+ 

Leave the lossless files at home on the PC. Problem solved.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #299 of 17,484
LOL we used to have to turn each record over every twenty minutes, and now people find it a chore to swap 64gb memory cards.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #300 of 17,484
Quote:
 buy a 128gb sdxc  if space is that important,  if it supports 64 then 128  formatted fat32  should work

Not the best source I know... but according to Wiki you are correct.

"SDXC host devices accept all previous families of SD memory cards.[27] Conversely, SDHC host devices accept SDXC cards that follow Version 3.0, since the interface is identical,[3] but the following issues may affect usability:
  1. SDXC cards are pre-formatted with Microsoft's proprietary and patented exFAT file system, which the host device might not support. Since Microsoft does not publish the specifications of exFAT and its use requires a non-free license, many alternative or older operating systems do not support exFAT for technical or legal reasons. The use of exFAT on some SDXC cards may render SDXC unsuitable as a universal exchange medium, as an SDXC card that uses exFAT would not be usable in all host devices. Since the FAT32 file system supports volumes up to the SDXC's maximum theoretical capacity of 2 TB as well, a user could reformat an SDXC card to use FAT32 for greater portability between computers (see below). FAT32-formatted SDXC cards can be used in a host device built for SDHC if the host device can handle 64 GB and larger volumes."

If this is true that is fantastic news... maybe James (Fiio) can test and confirm 128GB + SDXC compatability with the X3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back