The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #2,266 of 17,483
Quote:
so did i get this wrong: the screen does not turn off during playback?

No it turns off. You can set the amount of time it turns off during playback in system settings. It's called 'backlight time'. However, if no song is being played, the system will use what your 'idle poweroff' time is and turn the device off. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #2,268 of 17,483
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLwVIrRPoDClqsbZWM7I6v4xq_Zt8sQkeX

FiiO X3 playlist

Videos include:
FiiO X3 Unboxing
FiiO X3 How to Use (Navigation and UI)
FiiO X3 How to add songs
FiiO X3 How to update firmware

Newest videos are here:

Jun 27, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #2,271 of 17,483
I'm just hoping for m3u playlist implementation. That's the one thing I need,...otherwise there's no issues for me with the X3. It's excellent.

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #2,272 of 17,483
Question for Panda Man, im looking for a warm sounding but powerful dap all in one to power a minimum of 150 ohm. I was looking at the x3, Rocoo P, hifiman 602 but i would be open to other suggestions. main thing here is no external amp. thanks in advance.

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #2,273 of 17,483
Quote:
Question for Panda Man, im looking for a warm sounding but powerful dap all in one to power a minimum of 150 ohm. I was looking at the x3, Rocoo P, hifiman 602 but i would be open to other suggestions. main thing here is no external amp. thanks in advance.

Any specific headphones you are thinking about? Impedence doesn't really correspond to hard to drive depending on voltage and amperage.

I do not have and have never heard the other 2 DAP's. Sorry about that. But the FiiO X3 does produce quite a bit of power, and is on the slightly warmer side of things(obviously). However, you did state a minimum of 150 ohms and if we go by generalities of higher impedences actually being harder to 'drive'. Then what is your maximum?\

High impedance= more volt, less current
low impedance = less volt, more current.

Depends on DAP's output potential at said impedance. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #2,274 of 17,483
my hifiman re262s, if they plugged into my ipod or cowon d3 only the left side will work if plug into my fiio e07k both sides work at the same volume. they are rated at 150 ohm.
Any specific headphones you are thinking about? Impedence doesn't really correspond to hard to drive depending on voltage and amperage.

I do not have and have never heard the other 2 DAP's. Sorry about that. But the FiiO X3 does produce quite a bit of power, and is on the slightly warmer side of things(obviously). However, you did state a minimum of 150 ohms and if we go by generalities of higher impedences actually being harder to 'drive'. Then what is your maximum?\

High impedance= more volt, less current
low impedance = less volt, more current.

Depends on DAP's output potential at said impedance. 

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #2,275 of 17,483
Quote:

So you are having weird channel imabalance with the RE? Try other headphones, if other headphones have no problems with Cowon or iPod it is most likely your RE

Impedance will not have an effect on one channel not playing. Check to make sure your plug is fully in the device.

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #2,277 of 17,483
Quote:
According to one China website, they recommended X3 to pair with

Klipsch X10 ($128)
Hifiman RE400 ($100)

Has anyone tried this combination?

This is like a printer company recommending you buy __insert company name___ ink for best results or anything.

This unit is a DAP. It would work fine with most IEM's to be fair.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #2,279 of 17,483
Quote:
I know it works but it is not optimized.
What we want is the best synergy between the DAP and the earphone.

Well here's how I see things.

Synergy is a term used to describe how the higher end headphones and their own qualities should be matched with an audio output unit that will best complement that sound.

At the current price range of where we are at. Most units and earphones already complement each other already. This is typically due to the universal sounding nature of most amps and DACs and DAP's at this price range.

I personally don't see the need for the term synergy at the current level. But of course, this is just me.

Jun 27, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #2,280 of 17,483
Well here's how I see things.

Synergy is a term used to describe how the higher end headphones and their own qualities should be matched with an audio output unit that will best complement that sound.

At the current price range of where we are at. Most units and earphones already complement each other already. This is typically due to the universal sounding nature of most amps and DACs and DAP's at this price range.

I personally don't see the need for the term synergy at the current level. But of course, this is just me.

Sorry I need to disagree with you.
The synergy should not just for high end headphone/IEMs but for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back