The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,162 of 17,484
Quote:
As with X3 tradition. The first official pic of any X3 device must feature a beautiful Asian artist. X3 demo units had them, and many people kept it up.

so now its my turn. LOL

She is my favorite Chinese artist.

Alan Dawa Dolma

Out of topic but I am in love with Asian girls. I am doing my master in wrong country maybe I should have gone to Asia. Also I will look for that beauty too maybe I will like her songs.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #2,163 of 17,484
Quote:
DHL has kept the X3 from me for 1.5 days now just sitting at my capital state city -_- So let's sing you the song

[...]

You made my day.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #2,164 of 17,484
Quote:
Out of topic but I am in love with Asian girls. I am doing my master in wrong country maybe I should have gone to Asia. Also I will look for that beauty too maybe I will like her songs.

Here are some demo's
 song starts at like :50

Quote:

You made my day.
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #2,165 of 17,484
As a general principle of typography and visual design, italics (and oblique) is typically less reader friendly than the regular version of the font.
This is better, although are the thin strokes of the type as legible as some other choices at the actual size of the X3 display?

Yeah the first one was a bit off. Forgot that the X3 screen is relatively low res compared to the 1080p screens of today's smartphones. The right font thickness is important, for example the new ios7 implements helvetica neue ultra light EVERYWHERE, while I can see where some might think it looks all fancy, it does make some things harder to read. It would be really really awesome if James in future updates could let users use their own fonts, but for now that is not the most important thing.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #2,170 of 17,484
Quote:
I'm not sure if this was already mentioned, but I'm interested in the music navigation function, namely what does the artist category have? just music or assortment of albums? 

The artist category has the artists....?
There is autonomous and manual music navagation.

For manual navigation/file adding /creation:
Basically, think of navigation like a root folder on your computer. Imagine having an empty flash drive. The empty first layer is the 'root'. But then from the root. You can slowly add folder's and name them whatever you want and place whatever songs you want into them. You can make sub folders within those as well. Think of it like navigating 'deeper' into your computer or root. This is how the X3 navigates in a sense.

You make, name, and categorize your folders personally. This means that it fits almost everyone. People here have talked about how they like to have playlists, or how their navigation is a bit different. Using this root folder navigation with you naming and formating everything allows you to be FULLY in control of which songs are where.

You can do this for both internal storage and TF card. Just add the folders in. 

To see your manual folder creations. From the title menu, you go down to 'Browse Files'. From there, you have a choice of 'Local Disk' or TF Card'. Choose the one of which your files are located and bam! Your personally created, organized and whatever folders are there.

For auto organization:

HOWEVER, the X3 isnt just bare like that. There is also the classical organized groupings. This includes 'Play all' in where the X3 will display all songs you have in both local and TF storage, and another main folder on the initial root section called 'Category'. Inside category are 3 sections. 'Album' Genre and Artist. This is self explanatory on what is inside all of them. The selection pulls in music from both internal and TF card.

Play all, shows you all your songs in total. And the categories operate like how the iPod has the bottom sections. These are auto organized things. You don't personally take care of these. The system auto does. However you could change the artist name or whatever on the computer, and thus it will change. 

Whilst in song:
Whilst you are playing a song. You can press and hold the 'back' button which will then bring up the info menu. The info menu has an information selection panel to show you all the juicy tech details of the song you are listening to. You can then also add it to your favorites(favorites are accessed from title menu). And also a quick access to EQ. Treble and Bass only. This is not a custom EQ for each song, rather it is a quick panel access to quick EQ'ing while you are listening to music, Below that, you have the option to delete the file, change the play mode(repeat, shuffle etc). And a back to title screen selection

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,172 of 17,484
Quote:
For example, I chose artist X from the artist category. what will it show? all the music by the artist or the albums by the artist? does this make sense?

Ok, thanks for clarifying!

Yes, you will see all the songs for the artist organized by track number.

So say you choose Arist X. Artist X had two albums on the X3

Thus when you go in. You will have:
1- ____(album 1)
1-_____(album 2)
2- _____(album 1)
2-_____(album 2)

So its organized but un organized. There are no folders.

You will see it in pure song form for all the songs under that artist organized by only the track number. Thus all the first tracks for all the albums you have for that artist will show first and etc etc.

Seen here. I have two albums for E.S Posthumus. The first album's title song is Antissa. And the second album's first song is Kalki.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #2,174 of 17,484
Quote:
Ok, thanks for clarifying!

Yes, you will see all the songs for the artist organized by track number.

So say you choose Arist X. Artist X had two albums on the X3

Thus when you go in. You will have:
1- ____(album 1)
1-_____(album 2)
2- _____(album 1)
2-_____(album 2)

So its organized but un organized. There are no folders.

frown.gif
 This looks really bad. Basically the navigation based on tags is almost unusable, no matter how good the files were tagged:
-  browsing by "Artist" will mess up the album structure, and
-  browsing via "Album" category requires you to remember by heart all albums names from each artist.

And if I will re-organize my folders to have ARTIST --> ALBUMS in them, and switch to the "Manual navigation"... I'll lose gapeless functionality (based on the discussion from last week). 
frown.gif

I'm really looking forward for this player (actually I already have it on pre-order since 2 weeks in Europe), but this seems quite a limit on navigation functionality (at least compared to a Rockbox UI).

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #2,175 of 17,484
Quote:
frown.gif
 This looks really bad. Basically the navigation based on tags is almost unusable, no matter how good the files were tagged:
-  browsing by "Artist" will mess up the album structure, and
-  browsing via "Album" category requires you to remember by heart all albums names from each artist.

And if I will re-organize my folders to have ARTIST --> ALBUMS in them, and switch to the "Manual navigation"... I'll lose gapeless functionality (based on the discussion from last week). 
frown.gif

I'm really looking forward for this player (actually I already have it on pre-order since 2 weeks in Europe), but this seems quite a limit on navigation functionality (at least compared to a Rockbox UI).

Yes, my rockboxed clip zip, when I select "artists" and select an artist, it then shows an "all tracks" option followed by a list of the artist's albums. That's good. And if you select "all tracks", then all of the tracks (from all of the albums for that artist) are listed alphabetically by track name. That's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back