The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,726 of 17,484
Hey guys,now i have another scenario,which would be better between ;

A.) Fiio X3 + JH16 Pro
B.) Fiio E17 + Sony Walkman + JH16 Pro
C.) Sony Walkman + JH16 Pro

Personally i think the X3 is good as an amp on the go,but it do not accept outside source. I was hoping i could use the X3 on the go and at home as well,but it is was it is...
The E17 on the other hand is the big brother of the X3 with the AMP/DAC feature,but its not a player so i need to couple it with my Walkman.
This Walkman + JH16 Pro has the best portability form factor for me,but i`m guessing it provide the least sound quality for my ciem. 

All i can do now is wait patiently for my iem to arrive so that i could go out and audition the E17 and the X3,so now guys i need you guys thoughts,opinions and guidance. Thank you!

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #1,727 of 17,484
Quote:

A.) Fiio X3 + JH16 Pro

Personally i think the X3 is good as an amp on the go,but it do not accept outside source. I was hoping i could use the X3 on the go and at home as well,but it is was it is...
The E17 on the other hand is the big brother of the X3 with the AMP/DAC feature,but its not a player so i need to couple it with my Walkman.
This Walkman + JH16 Pro has the best portability form factor for me,but i`m guessing it provide the least sound quality for my ciem. 

All i can do now is wait patiently for my iem to arrive so that i could go out and audition the E17 and the X3,so now guys i need you guys thoughts,opinions and guidance. Thank you!

The jh16's are a little warm, and I heard the x3 is also a little warm.  It might be a bad combination.  Unless only the x3 amp is warm, you can line out to a colder amp.  Maybe you can eq a bit of brightness into it though. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #1,728 of 17,484
Quote:

A.) Fiio X3 + JH16 Pro

Which Walkman do you have?  I've been quite pleased with my F807 & Z1070.  Unless you need the ability to play hi-rez file, these top of the lines Sony have a really good headphones output.  The F807 that I have + JH13pro is only slight drop in quality from the DX100 playing MP3s or lossless redbook files.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #1,730 of 17,484
Quote:
if i were to use an external amplifier with the x3, will the x3 still have crappy battery life? 

the battery life of X3 in LO/DIGITAL OUT mode is about 20 hours. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 15, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #1,732 of 17,484
Quote:

the battery life of X3 in LO/DIGITAL OUT mode is about 20 hours. 

That's great b/c I plan to use mine as a transport.  When will the X3 officially landed in the U.S. soil?

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #1,733 of 17,484
First batch, only few will be sold in China ( about 100pcs ) to test the market. we plan to ship out the X3 to our agents in China on 24th.

The second batch, 1,000pcs for China market, 1,000pcs for few regions ( not decided yet, but should includes Taiwang and Hong Kong ). ETA: 5th, June

The Third batch, >5,000pcs for the whole world. ETA, 5th, July.

Is all we know right now I guess?

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #1,735 of 17,484
Well...the DX50 may get release in July as well, according to info from DX50 thread.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #1,737 of 17,484
Quote:
First batch, only few will be sold in China ( about 100pcs ) to test the market. we plan to ship out the X3 to our agents in China on 24th.

The second batch, 1,000pcs for China market, 1,000pcs for few regions ( not decided yet, but should includes Taiwang and Hong Kong ). ETA: 5th, June

The Third batch, >5,000pcs for the whole world. ETA, 5th, July.

Is all we know right now I guess?

It seems like they're running late. I'm in the second batch, and the distributor hasn't received anything yet, as of a couple days ago.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #1,739 of 17,484
The only question that i have is how does the X3 fair against the Colorfly C3...
I had a spur of a silly moment to actually make a deposit for the X3 before waiting for review comparisons... and i might get the X3 end of next week to get a better idea.
If the X3 is comparable to the HM-602, then based on general reviews, the C3 should be on par with the X3 in terms of SQ? Just that X3 is more towards a warmer signature while C3 is towards clean clarity, details..
While the X3 > C3 in other aspects such as UI, compatability, functionality... If the C3 is on equal terms with the SQ and soundstage i'll most likely sell the X3 off since i prefer a signature towards the clean, clarity and detailed type.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #1,740 of 17,484
Quote:
The only question that i have is how does the X3 fair against the Colorfly C3...
I had a spur of a silly moment to actually make a deposit for the X3 before waiting for review comparisons... and i might get the X3 end of next week to get a better idea.
If the X3 is comparable to the HM-602, then based on general reviews, the C3 should be on par with the X3 in terms of SQ? Just that X3 is more towards a warmer signature while C3 is towards clean clarity, details..
While the X3 > C3 in other aspects such as UI, compatability, functionality... If the C3 is on equal terms with the SQ and soundstage i'll most likely sell the X3 off since i prefer a signature towards the clean, clarity and detailed type.

I was interested in the C3 as well, but way too many limitations in the functionality for me to live with. Anyway, I also am hoping that the X3's SQ is on par with the C3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back