The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 15, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #1,741 of 17,484
The only question that i have is how does the X3 fair against the Colorfly C3...
I had a spur of a silly moment to actually make a deposit for the X3 before waiting for review comparisons... and i might get the X3 end of next week to get a better idea.
If the X3 is comparable to the HM-602, then based on general reviews, the C3 should be on par with the X3 in terms of SQ? Just that X3 is more towards a warmer signature while C3 is towards clean clarity, details..
While the X3 > C3 in other aspects such as UI, compatability, functionality... If the C3 is on equal terms with the SQ and soundstage i'll most likely sell the X3 off since i prefer a signature towards the clean, clarity and detailed type.

I also have the similar question like you.
I guess we should compare X3 with combo C3+BH Amp?
And both X3 and combo C3 + BH cost around $200.
So this is the fair comparison for sound quality against the price tag.

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #1,742 of 17,484
Quote:

I was interested in the C3 as well, but way too many limitations in the functionality for me to live with. Anyway, I also am hoping that the X3's SQ is on par with the C3's.

Same here....no matter how good it might sound.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #1,745 of 17,484
Quote:
Same here....no matter how good it might sound.

By the way have you really owned it or tried it before?
I thought that the sound quality is always the paramount in head-fi comparing to other features?
blink.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:50 AM Post #1,746 of 17,484
I'm going to possibly get my hands on an X3 unit, I will be able to give some comparisons between C3/BH many are asking about. This won't be for a while though, so hang in there.

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #1,748 of 17,484
Quote:
By the way have you really owned it or tried it before?
I thought that the sound quality is always the paramount in head-fi comparing to other features?
blink.gif

Some people here do place sound above all else, true. But I am accustomed to a certain level of usability.... there are some things about the C3 that would drive me mad if I owned it.
For one, it sorts your files by the date they were added to the player, and not alphabetically.... For another, a player that size should have a screen a little bigger than that.....it's like a Clip+ screen, for crying out loud. The folder browse-only method is also a fail for me....all my music is tagged properly, but not every file in every album is numbered 01, 02, 03. 

I don't doubt that it sounds good, but I just know if I had one that it would end up collecting dust or being sold.

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #1,751 of 17,484
in general, if the UX is bad, you won't enjoy having that player, and you won't enjoy the music you're playing as much as you would if the UX was good.

the UI is only a part of the UX, but still quite an important part, and from what i've seen, Fiio has done it right.

take a look at the iPods and iPhones for instance: most people are close to delirious about them, and that's just because the UX is done right. I for one enjoyed using my iPod more than the random mp3 player i had before that(and that one had 8 different backlight colours!) and with this i noticed that i took more care of what i put on it, all correctly tagged, and it didn't even have a screen(ipod shuffle)

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #1,752 of 17,484
I have an X3 now. Nice solid feel to it. Comes with a pleasant silicon case and a couple of screen protectors as well as some small connectors, the USB cord for charging and transferring data, a CD and I got a T shirt! 

Hey, XXL isn't an XXL. Maybe in China but not for people in, lets say, the US. :^) I don't take an XXL but this is more like a Large in the US. Just so you know. Music Bomb? I am not sure I would want to wear that if going to the airport for a flight. 

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #1,753 of 17,484
Quote:
I have an X3 now. Nice solid feel to it. Comes with a pleasant silicon case and a couple of screen protectors as well as some small connectors, the USB cord for charging and transferring data, a CD and I got a T shirt! 

Good for you!  Did you get it off ebay?  Because I'm tempted to go there but I've had bad experiences with buying from HK.  How is the sound quality compared to your other DAC?  How does it sound going straight to your jh13?  
beyersmile.png

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #1,754 of 17,484
Some people here do place sound above all else, true. But I am accustomed to a certain level of usability.... there are some things about the C3 that would drive me mad if I owned it.
For one, it sorts your files by the date they were added to the player, and not alphabetically....

My Pioneer car stereo head unit does that with flash drives. It does drive me insane. LOL

Jun 15, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,755 of 17,484
Quote:
Good for you!  Did you get it off ebay?  Because I'm tempted to go there but I've had bad experiences with buying from HK.  How is the sound quality compared to your other DAC?  How does it sound going straight to your jh13?  
beyersmile.png

It is burning in right now but sounds pretty good. I haven't compared it as there are some others burning in. I got it here in China. Haven't looked on ebay. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back