The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B, CS4398,Native DSD, USB DAC with LO and inline remote
Jun 9, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #4,267 of 9,972
Wrong. It would be a good idea to post it because we will try and do it ourselves whether you post the instructions or not so either we do it with help or without help.

"oh no instructions, I guess im going to go pay someone to install it" - NOT what I would be thinking lol

more like "welp, here goes nothing"

I can imagine people fiddling around even if they don't have an issue with their battery. My opinion is that FiiO is smart to deliver instructions with a new battery when it's needed, not for just anyone to have. That doesn't mean I think you need to pay anyone to do it if you're handy.

Of course you may have a different opinion. This is mine.

Jun 9, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #4,268 of 9,972
Just purchased a Cayin C5 amp, to go with my X3ii. The amp comes with your standard 3.5-3.5mm cable. Would I gain anything by stepping up to the "nicer" FiiO L16 cable? I know this is kind of a subjective subject, but any insight would be appreciated.

Jun 9, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #4,269 of 9,972
Just purchased a Cayin C5 amp, to go with my X3ii. The amp comes with your standard 3.5-3.5mm cable. Would I gain anything by stepping up to the "nicer" FiiO L16 cable? I know this is kind of a subjective subject, but any insight would be appreciated.

It's a nice well built cable, but I couldn't notice any difference in sound between it and the cables that came with my amps.
Something to consider as an option is one of those JDS lab shorties. Esp. if you're going to be stacking.

Jun 9, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #4,270 of 9,972
To anyone with the Dignis case that hasn't figured this out yet.  The easiest way to get the X3II out of the case is to use the plugged in USB cable to push it through the top of the case and remove it.  I haven't figured out another way that is any better than this.  Good luck!!

Quote:

Take a look at this one: http://ghentaudio.com/part/d01.html (Canare L-2B2AT) 1ft = $10

or this one: http://ghentaudio.com/part/d11.html (Canare L-4E6S) - 1ft = $12

Extremely high quality and both are very affordable.  The only downside is the wait on the shipping.  High quality cable gains are always up for debate, but these are worth the small cost IMO (if you are looking at aftermarket cables that is).

Jun 10, 2015 at 5:40 AM Post #4,272 of 9,972
Nope.  Suggested it to Joe and James though - so hopefully in an upcoming firmware (at some stage)

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #4,273 of 9,972
I'd suggest the following shortcut for the EQ - hold center Play button while clicking the Back button.

In fact, there are many other shortcusts possible with a scheme of clicking one button while holding another. Some other functions which could benefit from shortcuts: Delete song, Gain On/Off,  Add to Favorites

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #4,274 of 9,972
I suggest adding it to the Now Playing shortcut menu.

Jun 10, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #4,275 of 9,972
I suggest adding it to the Now Playing shortcut menu.

Yep - that's what I suggested to Joe.

I should actually have a look at the firmware though.  I wonder if there is a way to do it ourselves .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back