The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Feb 19, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #5,086 of 7,793

Brooko,

No point in my going through an ABX test as you yourself noted that my results would not be sufficient to convince you.

No problem :beerchug:

Can I also infer from the above that you haven't performed a properly volume matched abx test - using tools like foobar's abx comparator, and taking a high-res master, and resampling same file to redbook and comparing?

You don't need to answer - I'm just curious if you've ever actually done one?

Ok guys--a drawn-out debate on the possible benefits of high-rez doesn't really belong to a product thread for a player that supports everything from mp3s to 24/192 :wink: Just load your player up with whatever you deem quality enough and be done with it. It doesn't matter which side of the debate I stand on :wink:

FYI the X1 and X5 have gradual lowpass filters that kick in above 20kHz, thus the FR specced for +/-1dB or so is up to 20kHz. It is however by no means brickwall limited to that. The rolloff helps alleviate IMD and RF interference so should result in an improvement in SQ in theory. :ph34r:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 19, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #5,087 of 7,793
Thanks Joe - understood and thanks for clearing the 20kHz thing up :smile:

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #5,089 of 7,793
Hi Everybody,

Great Forum!  It has answered a lot of my questions.  There's one I haven't been able to find through search however;

When setting the "resume" mode (song, position, off) it always plays on resume.  Is there a mode that remembers your position, but waits on pause rather than playing right away?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  Cheers!

Feb 21, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #5,090 of 7,793
Hi Everybody,

Great Forum!  It has answered a lot of my questions.  There's one I haven't been able to find through search however;

When setting the "resume" mode (song, position, off) it always plays on resume.  Is there a mode that remembers your position, but waits on pause rather than playing right away?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered.  Cheers!

Welcome to head-fi and thanks for buying FiiO! :)

Back to your question:

Presently, no. :xf_eek:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #5,091 of 7,793
Welcome to head-fi and thanks for buying FiiO!
smily_headphones1.gif

Back to your question:

Presently, no.
redface.gif

Best regards,
Joe

Thanks Joe.  This would be a great feature for people who use it in theatrical, live sound and other settings where auto-play is a curse.
Cheers.

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #5,093 of 7,793
Ok, I got my Fiio X1 a few months back but I just saw this thread and specifically the first post where we can see a black Fiio X1.

Does that even exist and where can I get one ? It looks so much better than gold/silver colors !

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #5,094 of 7,793
  Ok, I got my Fiio X1 a few months back but I just saw this thread and specifically the first post where we can see a black Fiio X1.

Does that even exist and where can I get one ? It looks so much better than gold/silver colors !

That is actually the 2nd generation FiiO X3, the X3K or X3 II.  

Unless you're referring to a FiiO X1 with the carbon fiber stickers on it :p

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #5,095 of 7,793

That is actually the 2nd generation FiiO X3, the X3K or X3 II.  

Unless you're referring to a FiiO X1 with the carbon fiber stickers on it :p

I actually think ATragicEnding is referring to the images on the first page of this thread, in which case he's referring to the original design concepts for the Fiio X1 from August last year.

Somewhere along the line, between coming up with the design, and producing a working product, the X changed to silver/champagne ... the black version doesn't exist.

If you prefer black why not put the silicon skin back on it?

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #5,097 of 7,793
I was referring to the X3 II, apparently. Didn't even know they released a new version and was hoping fo a black X1 :p

Anyone had any luck modifying their X1 with a custom paintjob? Me thinks it should be rather easy because it can be taking apart easily but I'm not much into painting stuff.

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #5,098 of 7,793
  I was referring to the X3 II, apparently. Didn't even know they released a new version and was hoping fo a black X1 :p

Anyone had any luck modifying their X1 with a custom paintjob? Me thinks it should be rather easy because it can be taking apart easily but I'm not much into painting stuff.

Sounds like it could be a fun project. If I don't need my X1 one day, I may have to try that out :p

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #5,099 of 7,793

Sounds like it could be a fun project. If I don't need my X1 one day, I may have to try that out :p

I'll wait till they release the X3 II, grab one for myself and paint my X1 metallic red for my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind getting 'old' technology given it's her favorite color :p I'll post some pictures as soon as I get my hand on an X3 II (Which should take a while...)

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #5,100 of 7,793
  I'll wait till they release the X3 II, grab one for myself and paint my X1 metallic red for my girlfriend. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind getting 'old' technology given it's her favorite color :p I'll post some pictures as soon as I get my hand on an X3 II (Which should take a while...)

That would be awesome. Looking forward to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back