The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Aug 29, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,816 of 7,793
You are being rather insulting.

For the record, I am very positive about my HTC one m8 and the Apple Earpods I am now using with it. I usually have a smile on face when music goes through them into my ears.

Like I say, if I can try an X1 I will, and I will be honest in my comments about it. What more can one do?

My earpods are still brand new unused in my iphone 5s' box since I bought it six months ago, guess why ?
biggrin.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #1,819 of 7,793
^
Actually those new earpods are pretty decent. Tried the set that came with my Sis's iPhone 5 to hear the hype was for myself and was surprised by how they sounded. Would not pay $40 for them that's for sure since they don't even best the Sony MH1/C nor the LG Quad Beat 2 but if one can only use earbuds (cuz some don't like how IEMs fit) then they are a good pick up for like say $10-$20.

On par or slightly bests some cheapo JVCs like the FX101, FX40 etc. But leans more toward the bassy/ warmer bigger bass sound of the FX101s more though.

But wait i thought this was the X1 thread no???
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #1,820 of 7,793
Generally, if an audiophile is going to consider using a phone for a source, they'll look into amp/DACs designed to help the quality of sound. A200P and E18 are two good options, with higher options as well like the Hifi-m8.

There are some music nuts that both appreciate a high quality sound, and still are capable of enjoying straight from the phone, but I suspect there aren't many.

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #1,821 of 7,793
You are being rather insulting.

For the record, I am very positive about my HTC one m8 and the Apple Earpods I am now using with it. I usually have a smile on face when music goes through them into my ears.

Like I say, if I can try an X1 I will, and I will be honest in my comments about it. What more can one do?

You like the M8 that's great but what if I say they are not neutral in sound either?

There are a lot of young head-fi'ers here and I am probably one of them. Music has no age limit after all. Just saying

Now lets get back to the topic:
Why is it all reviewers unit all grey, would like to see blue in actual actually hahahahaha

Aug 29, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #1,824 of 7,793
Guys, I've deleted a bunch of posts. You all need to read the Posting Guidelines again.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #1,825 of 7,793
I knew the bird had been circling above this thread...X1 tour unit is on its way to me and I'll post a review/impressions as soon as I'm able.

Aug 29, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #1,826 of 7,793
You like the M8 that's great but what if I say they are not neutral in sound either?

There are a lot of young head-fi'ers here and I am probably one of them. Music has no age limit after all. Just saying

Now lets get back to the topic:
Why is it all reviewers unit all grey, would like to see blue in actual actually hahahahaha

Age shouldn't make a difference here...

Just kidding, I should have read the first post again before saying that.

Aug 30, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #1,830 of 7,793
But every DAP (ok not the iPod nano) is big compared to the Clip+ . But for me is the X1 the perfect sized for stacking with my iFi nano iCAN amp, can't wait for the release of this baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back