The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages
Mar 18, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #526 of 1,083

Last night I watched a movie but the only program that would play it was Cyberlink's PowerDVD12, and it wouldn't recognize the FiiO.   In the output section I had the FiiO selected as output device, but nothing.  So I watched the movie with headphones through the laptop's soundcard.  Not the end of the world since it sounded good enough for a movie, but I wonder why the E10K wouldn't work?  It isn't listed as one of the approved soundcards for this program, so maybe that's it.

You need to disable your laptop soundcard under playback devices, which will force the computer to use the E10K. However, I don't think DTS or Dolby works but I haven't tried yet (someone stated here they work when you install ASIO),

Be sure not to leave PowerDVD hanging in the background after you're done - you may get some stuttering on WinAMP.

Mar 22, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #527 of 1,083
Help! I'm getting blue screens after prolonged use in WinAMP... Using Windows 8.1 and I only have USB 3.0 slots...

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #529 of 1,083
  Have you tried updating your USB 3.0 drivers? I had similar blue screen issues on an older machine when I used the USB 3.0 ports until I updated the motherboard drivers for USB 3.0.

My laptop is relatively new (released in 2014) and I can't seem to find the motherboard drivers. It only occurs after heavy multi-tasking. or many programs opened

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #530 of 1,083
Can you read some details on the blue screens? Such as, which .sys file is stated to be the cause of the crash?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 27, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #531 of 1,083
not really sure but the errors are along the lines of "kernel security check failure" (not sure which sys file) or "Driver IQRL not less or equal" (wdf01000.sys).

Didn't have any problems in the past few days but it occurred again today, but only after I enabled my onboard soundcard as I wanted to play something out of my laptop speakers, and then later set the E10K so I could listen to something on PowerDVD. I suspect having onboard soundcard driver enabled causes a conflict using programs such as PowerDVD.

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #532 of 1,083
Anybody used the E10k with Senn HD600 - does it have enough juice to properly drive them - all I could find were specs on 32ohm output.

Edit - nevermind found my answer elsewhere.

Apr 3, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #535 of 1,083
Thanks that is good to know as I also have a pair of 250ohm Beyers as well (990 pro). Typically they stay in my HT room along with my DAC and SS + tube amps. Not looking for a world beater but something that I can take with me on occasion to power the HD600 I have on the way or Beyers if necc. Volume typically has more to do with sensitivity though although the amount of power available to be delivered depends on impedance.

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #538 of 1,083
Good. So I can use both and just lower volume on hm5 when not used.

But loud on 1 seems much. Headphone would broke if turned higher maybe...
Trying to choose between creative xfi hd and one of fiio products. Or maybe asus.
Its for desktop use with hm5, stereo active pc speakers and maybe xbox from time to time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back