The discovery thread!
Jun 28, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #11,416 of 104,225
Btw guys, some impressions on the XWF600 here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35293095&postcount=47

That's doesn't bode well for my resistance, I'm even more intrigued now!

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #11,418 of 104,225
interesting. :)

I couldn't resist anymore, it's too much of a good deal! They cost €99 euro originally, so this amazing discounted deal is a no brainer.

If you got the cash, do yourself a favour... buy them now!

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #11,419 of 104,225
Quote:
Btw guys, some impressions on the XWF600 here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35293095&postcount=47

That's doesn't bode well for my resistance, I'm even more intrigued now!

Now that I'm home and not on my phone...

I managed to listen to the XWF600 for literally 3 minutes ("just to check they work love") and from that very short audition they sounded pretty good - bass light after the 4cores, but everything is! Sound signature was similar to CKS99's - but this was a very short audition! If you have Corecool's or anything similar with removable cables then its a no brainer just for the tips and Cables. I got 3 sets with mine, whether they just got carried away or if that is normal I don't know.

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing them again.

BTW, my 5 minute listen to the CKM99's was extremely impressive - Can't wait to AB against CKS99's - beacuse I think the CKM's will be better!

Jun 28, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #11,421 of 104,225
Now that I'm home and not on my phone...

I managed to listen to the XWF600 for literally 3 minutes ("just to check they work love") and from that very short audition they sounded pretty good - bass light after the 4cores, but everything is! Sound signature was similar to CKS99's - but this was a very short audition! If you have Corecool's or anything similar with removable cables then its a no brainer just for the tips and Cables. I got 3 sets with mine, whether they just got carried away or if that is normal I don't know.

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing them again.

BTW, my 5 minute listen to the CKM99's was extremely impressive - Can't wait to AB against CKS99's - beacuse I think the CKM's will be better!

Wow that's a bold claim!

I'm even more excited that I bought them now. Maybe my urge to buy VSD1 will dissapear lol

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #11,423 of 104,225
Wow those are interesting. €8 shipping though... Is the shipping the same for 2 items?

Man, I gotta sell some stuff. Clearly if I want to hang around this thread for long, I'm going to need some disposable income.

Are the vds1 above-league? Like in re-400 territory? I always end up overlooking vsonic IEMS despite their good reviews.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #11,424 of 104,225

Quote:
A bold claim based on 3 minutes..... Bucket of salt needed!

I'm drenched in salt now, and I still aint gonna budge at this price point.

Even if they are even remotely close, still a massively good deal!

Quote:
Wow those are interesting. €8 shipping though... Is the shipping the same for 2 items?

Man, I gotta sell some stuff. Clearly if I want to hang around this thread for long, I'm going to need some disposable income.

Are the vds1 above-league? Like in re-400 territory? I always end up overlooking vsonic IEMS despite their good reviews.

As far as I understand you pay 16 euro for shipping if its 2 or more.

I doubt the VSD1 get to the RE-400 price in sound quality and refinement, although many people are praising them. So pretty sure they punch way above their current price tag.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #11,426 of 104,225
Well, the VSD1 is a great bang for buck. It was just released at a time when people were overwhelmed by the zero audio hype and it didn't get the hype it deserves. Not that it needs it given that it sold out only 3 days after LMUE released it, which is a first for a vsonic iem. Probably the best 37 bucks I've spent since I got my s500. 
As far as the re400 - I haven't heard it but going with the hype it should be a great bang for buck too, so I guess it's kinda irrelevant to compare a $40 bang for buck iem to a $100 one. Still even for its MSRP it's a solid performer and even though Lifted is fooling himself that his urge to get it will disappear, deep down he knows the truth. 
size]

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #11,427 of 104,225
Quote:
Not quite - with the coupon everything is €35, as I said.

Let me rephrase then...

RRP is 99 euro.

At the moment you can get them on eBay for 20 euro, which is even better than using a coupon and buying the XWF600 off their website.

Quote:
Well, the VSD1 is a great bang for buck. It was just released at a time when people were overwhelmed by the zero audio hype and it didn't get the hype it deserves. Not that it needs it given that it sold out only 3 days after LMUE released it, which is a first for a vsonic iem. Probably the best 37 bucks I've spent since I got my s500. 
As far as the re400 - I haven't heard it but going with the hype it should be a great bang for buck too, so I guess it's kinda irrelevant to compare a $40 bang for buck iem to a $100 one. Still even for its MSRP it's a solid performer and even though Lifted is fooling himself that his urge to get it will disappear, deep down he knows the truth. 
size]

Hahah, well the Basso is technically a better earphone than the VSD1.
ph34r.gif

I'm not fooling myself mate, I'll still get the VSD1 at some point. I just didint want to miss out on the XWF deal, its such an awesome discount and cost less than new VSD1.

Jun 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #11,428 of 104,225
^ WOW this thread blew up on them Corecoolio El Cheapo Lookielikes.
blink.gif

Great to hear that those "unspeakables" sounds the same as these Corecools. Here is the full mod for that dood that has them lookalikes and wants to try them. I posted it on the FXZ100/200 thread but not here me thinks.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632273/jvc-ha-fxz-100-200/2940#post_9534444

Quote:
Nah, actually these are still getting daily burn-in and their sound is still becoming more transparent, BUT as i stated in Dsnuts Discovery Thread those cheapo cools made me realized something; MASSIVE SOUNDSTAGE AND BIG BASS/SOUND is so addictive.
L3000.gif
Like i said numerous times, these Corecools has like 80-90% of the FXZ200s sound, but lacks a bit of refinement in the mids and extension in the highs. Also they have a soft boomy mid bass that ruins the overall quality of the sound/ bass for me but my vent filter mod completely addressed this problem.

.... the vents on the back of these Corecools is the key to their big bass
... this lil' vent on the back of the housing gives these Corecools the air flow that attributes to their amazing big bass, so when taped up completely the bass sound almost flat/ anemic. So depends what open filters you use to cover it, the bass quantity/ quality can be had at your will. With my simple mod as shown in the pic, that boomy mid bass which ruins the sound for me didn't just tighten up, but made the mid/ sub bass hit harder as well. Since the bass is cleaned up, this allows the mids and highs to sound more forward as well as creating a sound that has MASSIVE stage with deep sub bass just like these FXZ200s.

Long story short, are these Corecools better than the FXZ200s??? Nope they are not, BUT they made me realized that i love big soundstage with amazing sub/mid bass which the FXZ200 lacks (in soundstage that is). These FXZ200s have BIG SOUND, but they don't have a big soundstage unlike those Corecools. To me these cools sounds like an open back and even more transparent set of FXZ200s due to these attributes. They actually compliment each other very well, the FXZ200 is an amazing closed sub bass monster and the Corecools is a open one.

So yes sandwich dood i completely agree with you that despite all the new tech JVC has put into these FXZ200s, they are sadly not as amazing as the hype had made them out to be. They are a very good and competent set of bass iems but it's nothing really THAT special. This is what those cheapo Corecools made me realize. At the end of the day it's ALL about the sound so forget about the tech gimmicks, etcs. cuz a single driver iem can be just as good if not better than multi-driver ones, it's all in the skillful tuning.

... I cut the foam piece into strips, then half those strips by cutting them as thin as possible so air can still enter the housing. The thickness/thinness of the foam really affects the bass quantity and quality. The more blockage/ thicker the material the less bass quantity, so play around with different materials/ and openness of them to get the best sound for you. Have fun!!!

MOD FINALIZED with electrical tape:

Oh and i have contacted that 385 company regarding a review sample but they didn't give me any replies so it's their loss. Those don't have detachable cables anyways so not that worth it to me. And also regarding those Xears that cost €159.00, LMAO that's highway robbery for a Chinese cheapo. What were they thinking for selling them for such a crazy price.
rolleyes.gif

http://www.xears.com/produkte/xearsr-4core-hybrid-series?___store=default&___from_store=german

Jun 28, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #11,430 of 104,225

Users who are viewing this thread

Back