The discovery thread!
Jun 23, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #11,191 of 103,555
IN case if You lost tips every day
biggrin.gif

http://www.eforchina.com/list/3614/Ear-Pads.htm

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #11,193 of 103,555
Quote:
Welp all i gots to say is you done goofed by going for the S400s over the S500s. The S400s are ok if you like a easy relaxing listen, but the S500s are much more dynamic and engaging. I sold both of my S400s and has only kept my S500. I have no doubts the CALs sound better than the S400s, cuz they are like $20 for a reason and for that little these S400s is one hell of a great buy/ bargain for their sound. The CALs are like 2X as expensive and is coincidentally on par with the S500s price/ sound wise as well. Lots of people have posted that the S500s bests the CALs, but for you the CAL siggy might be your cup of tea more so... it all boils down to personal preferences at the end.

And yeah totally, i mean it is what it is and if you truly think that way who am i to say anything. I can appreciate all types of gears no matter their sound siggy or price (except for those MT-300s), so for me those M50s can't be THAT bad, i still want to try them one of of these days if i have the chance. They were on my radar for the longest minute but after the S500s came along it's all down hill from there. LoL
triportsad.gif

the s400 are more musical to me... cleaner bass vs the s500 and highs are not as harsh. the CALs i think are more refined but ill give the s500 another listen. build and travel friendliness goes to JVC, but comfort is CAL.

Jun 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #11,194 of 103,555
Quote:
So I get sf's Core cools in and I have to say I think we have a tweeking talent you guys don't know about yet. His core cools actually sound very nice. I have to admit I was somewhat skeptical of them coors lights but they ended up sounding every bit as good if not better than most bass phones I have heard.

The funny thing is for some odd reason when I got them they sounded really bad like there was a veil on the entire sound. It turns out you have to leave them playing for a few tunes for them to start sounding proper. Now I have no idea why that is but the sound difference from fist to the fifth are opposites..Just to check to see if I didn't have any flashback to college days I listen to the same track about 10 tunes in later and the sound was a complete turn around..

He ended up making the sound very similar to the MH1C and XB90EX. Like a person child of both and a little bit of the FXZ200 in there too..Now for guys that don't want bass in their music you can stop reading about these but the way sf tuned them they sound way better than they do on stock form..These have some of the strongest bass I have ever heard in any in ears.. We are talking 12 plus dbs of eye ball shaking subs here..Somehow sfs tape tune manages to tame that big bass into something that is listenable and smooth... For the guys that own these.. You guys need to PM sf and have him explain how to do the mod..It does make a big difference.. With the mod they are certainly worth their money and thensome.. Props to sf for tweeking them Cores.. Now you gotta get a bunch o cheaper versions and throw in the sf mod to call them something else.

Could we be seeing the rise of a professional tweeker? Could be.

^ Thanks for the kind words Ds, welp at least i know now that i wasn't trippin' but was merely tweekin'.
biggrin.gif

Actually the credit goes to mochill the corecoolio guru for hyping these chinese cheapos so much. Though like i said he probably doesn't realized what these cools are fully capable of. haha
And the mod was nicks suggestion and i just tossed some random materials to cover the vent to see where it got me, seems like i lucked out on the mod that's for sure. I wouldn't say it's professional at all. LMAO

Guess my ears has gotten a bit better in finding the sound like really dig from all the crazy mods i have done on those JVC S500/ S400s and it paid off on these cools. THANK GOD THESE DAM EL CHEAPOS WEREN'T DUDS!!! Pheeeew.

Quote:
^ "Professional Troll Master Tweeker Twerker".. I like it!

Fixed that for ya' hoho

ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Funny, before the RE-600 came out I was wondering why their flagship IEM was so cheap and not so high end compared to their full sized headphones. Like HE-6 is $1000+, HE-500 is $500+

I guess they can finally charge more cuz they use better quality materials on these RE-600 as compared to their previous flagships, so i guess it warrants their higher price....... but it's still MADE IN CHINA.
tongue.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #11,195 of 103,555
Quote:
Will like i said i am just glad my noob @ss is bassheadish and those might be too bass sissy for my liking.

But do care to inform us what those "most celebrated 'bass-heavy' cans" sounding like fart cannons that you speak of. A few examples would be wonderful.

I hope you ain't talking about no beats cuz the bass on the studios i heard was weakkkkkkkkkkk!!! Even the monoprice DJ cans had better, and more powerful bass. Was expecting fart cannons but got nothing, what a TOTAL disappointment given that beats are known to be ALL BASS and nothing else.

Are you sure they weren't fake lol 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #11,196 of 103,555
Quote:
Are you sure they weren't fake lol 
tongue_smile.gif

Nope, friend got them wayyy back and said he paid full retail price, which is like $300 bones!!!
eek.gif

Lets just say the monoprice DJ cans have about the same if not more bass quantity and quality than those studios smh. I was like that's it, where's the bass meng while auditioning them. LoL

Long story short they don't even satisfy the basshead in me despite they are known for stupid amounts bass, which is pretty sad esp. for the price you pay for them. And you need stupid batteries in order to even listen to your music, da Fff?!!!
confused.gif

Oh yeah forgot about their "noise isolation" gimmick which is pretty weak as well.

Jun 23, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #11,198 of 103,555
I'll never understand the appeal of omgbass. I like my mids, and highs mostly. Nothing can beat the satisfying crunch of a palm mute, and a clean electric bass tone, and too much bass ruins that

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #11,200 of 103,555
What about bass is it that you like? I prefer a clean tone, with neutral response. I don't want the headphones coloring the music, I like it when the have the ability to punch deep if the source recording calls for it. Its one reason I can't stand most bass driven headphones.

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #11,201 of 103,555
For one of you the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore would be perfect, for the other three Zero Audio Carbo Basso.

Can you guys guess which one goes where?

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #11,202 of 103,555
Quote:
I'll never understand the appeal of omgbass. I like my mids, and highs mostly. Nothing can beat the satisfying crunch of a palm mute, and a clean electric bass tone, and too much bass ruins that

Welp the mids and treble on them studios were meh, so i would at least thought they got the bass right as their last saving grace. But even that was meh in quantity as well as quality so.... hence my utter and total disappointment.

Quote:
I absolutely love bass, but it has to be quality.  Beats i wouldnt be interested in, but Atrio m7, cks1000, ws 99, miles davis tribute, jvc's have all done it right imo. 

^ Yeppp +1, my FXZ200 mops the floor with them.

Quote:
For one of you the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore would be perfect, for the other three Zero Audio Carbo Basso.

Can you guys guess which one goes where?

As long as they all go into my pockets i will be a happy camper.
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #11,203 of 103,555
Will be getting basso soon. Alot of it has to do with genre also. I listen to alot of rap and r n b. Also alot of my listening is in the gym, i like the energy good bass can provide, but as i stated, i like more quality vs quanity.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #11,204 of 103,555
Quote:
Nope, friend got them wayyy back and said he paid full retail price, which is like $300 bones!!!
eek.gif

Lets just say the monoprice DJ cans have about the same if not more bass quantity and quality than those studios smh. I was like that's it, where's the bass meng while auditioning them. LoL

Long story short they don't even satisfy the basshead in me despite they are known for stupid amounts bass, which is pretty sad esp. for the price you pay for them. And you need stupid batteries in order to even listen to your music, da Fff?!!!
confused.gif

Oh yeah forgot about their "noise isolation" gimmick which is pretty weak as well.

The amount of bass depends on the model. The ones you tried are WAY more balanced, but that sound isn't that impressive at all. The ones that do have overpowering bass have WAY too much. It bleeds something terrible and you can't hear half of the stuff going on in your music. They don't even have enough highs for dubstep.

Jun 23, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #11,205 of 103,555
Quote:
ehhh my cheapo corecool V2s comes with 2 cables and it's removable. All audio gears over $200 should have detachable cables imo. Unless the manufacturer claim that they use crazy high quality materials on the cables which makes detachable not possible or something, but i doubt it affects the sound like that though.

I still don't get popular manufacturers like ATH, JVC, AKG, etc not putting detachable cables on their portable cans. I mean it might cost them slighly more to make it but if you design your cans to be true portables, removable cables should be a given these days.

/rant

I'll rant right back at ya
tongue.gif

I've seen nothing but bad experiences with detachable cables.  I'd never changed cables on the Etymotic ER-4P and the sound started cutting out.  Unplugged and replugged the stock cables a few times to see if the problem would go away.  Cue the whole socket coming out with the plug
eek.gif

My friend's megabuck UE11 had drivers crap out twice on him during warranty. (might have something to do with static electricity from a faulty iPod)  But what really killed it for him was... guess what?  The wires inside the socket breaking and cutting out the sound.  Again.

Meanwhile, I've never had the cables themselves break on any headphones I owned.  Including the SHE3580 with cheap-as-cheap-can-be wires.  Excepting the Sennheiser HD580, which my wife regularly yanked out of headphone sockets by pulling on the wire instead of the plug
eek.gif

/rante
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back