The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #14,791 of 100,650

Knock yourself out.

Is there anyway I can pay you to apply it for me? It's most unbefitting of someone of my stature to stoop to such gruntwork 

Anywho,if this thing sounds anything like a Heaven V or whatever it purportedly knocks off, I'd be extremely interested

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #14,792 of 100,650
Is there anyway I can pay you to apply it for me? It's most unbefitting of someone of my stature to stoop to such gruntwork 

Anywho,if this thing sounds anything like a Heaven V or whatever it purportedly knocks off, I'd be extremely interested

I'd be glad to tell you. Just send it straight to me from the shop. If I deem it unworthy, I'll give it to Wayne and Garth and spare you the inner pain.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #14,793 of 100,650

I forget that birds have no fingers.

Plastic housings - the one FAD bud that was plastic that I heard sounded absolutely dreck - much worse than even the other two I tried. The most novelly disturbing sound I've heard.

These are probably just the new V BAs by Molex in a plastic housing. Heck maybe plastic will be the saving grace and in reality the tin foil they've been using on the FADs were really limiting them from their full potential or maybe I'm just talking out of my buttcrack.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #14,794 of 100,650
LOL. Do me one more solid, birdify your avatar and give my K3K a glowing review so we can finally convince the heathens like TwonQY to finally go wash out their ears :wink:

Anyhow, fingers crossed on the ANYMODE. Gotta fill the FAD void in my life

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #14,795 of 100,650
  24 hours of burn and I have to say. These are ridiculously good. In fact so good I am having a hard time trying to figure out what negatives there are in this sound. I think if I was to nit pick. I am so used to the wider sound of the S2 that is what I would suggest RHA work on next to get this exact sound to be a bit more expansive. The bass while perfectly in place and will hit any bass note. It is a neutral bass end and some tracks could use just a bit more impact but otherwise. These earphones are showing me that it is possible to get a stupid high end sound with your $120. Detail guys are gonna love these earphones. There closed design with the stunning resolution in the sound means precision seldom heard in a single dynamic earphone. The way this design is projecting sound to my ears and seems to hit all the sweet spots for an outstanding sound production...Sound positioning, micro detailing is all at top flight level on these earphones. The use of space is also very excellent. The depth of music is amazing on these earphones. 

Listening to Spyro Gyra Silk n Satin on these earphones is a sonic delight.Actually, all my music is a sonic delight.Lol..At first I thought this sound was going to be more laid back but that is really not the case. These have more of an energetic forward sound because of the nice high level of detail but done tastefully so, there is no portion of the sound that is uneven or over or under cooked..My initial worry about the highs on these earphones are all put away. In fact I am gonna say I think other manufacturers need to learn from these guys how to do highs correct...I think out of all the regions. It is the mids of these that are absolutely stupendous. Earphones this good just don't pop up too often..Ladies n gents. We are witnessing history being made by RHA here guys and I am not kidding on this...These MA750 puts them on the map. And other manufactures better go by the RHA booth at RMAF and hear for themselves these little earphones..I absolutely love the fact that this level of sound can be heard with a good source..Dynamic earphones simply just never get to this level.

These put all the previous finds on this thread in their respective places. I think these easily sound on the level of the M200, my S2s. Does a few things better than both these earphones. It is technically superior to just about all the earphones I have heard this year. There are things the others in ears does better here and there but when you put all the factors into the equation. Price, package, build, comfort, usability, and most importantly this stunning sound..These are quite simply the best $120 phones I have ever heard. This is a well deserved.

Well done RHA!!.
I am going to be shocked if there will be anything newer this year that are gonna beat these in sound..Worthy of your collection..

Well I agree with Dsnuts that it deserves the Golden Nut, and the sound is way superior for the price point. It's definitely equal to the S2 technically (I haven't really A/Bed them yet to say which is better to my ears). As good or better than the M200? Nah, I don't hear that yet.Not far behind but not equal. I'm about to A/B those two to make sure, but I know the bass is superior in the M200 (and the bass in the 750 is excellent). If we're going by price, I might have to agree that the 750 is the best bang for the buck so far this year (especially since I paid under $100 for it). 

Then again, I think the EM8513 Cardas is the best bang for the buck in top tier that I I've heard.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #14,796 of 100,650
Nice to see you enjoying the Cardas still eric, I was worried about their warm nature possibly bothering you., just from what i read and there really wasn't much.

Has anyone simply emailed ANYMODE to ask where we can get them?

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #14,797 of 100,650

Quote:
  I have no clue, honestly. I emailed the UK contact, but if I don't get a response then I might try for a courier system (yes they have that in the land of the spicy rice cakes and Prince) and the sites I linked.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #14,798 of 100,650
LOL. Do me one more solid, birdify your avatar and give my K3K a glowing review so we can finally convince the heathens like TwonQY to finally go wash out their ears
wink.gif

Anyhow, fingers crossed on the ANYMODE. Gotta fill the FAD void in my life

If I'm gonna do something worth doing, I'm gonna make it look gooood.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #14,799 of 100,650
  Nice to see you enjoying the Cardas still eric, I was worried about their warm nature possibly bothering you., just from what i read and there really wasn't much.

While definitely on the warm side, I don't hear the Cardas as super warm, nick n. And I hear tons of micro details. the drivers sound less warm the more they have a chance to open up. Yes, the Cardas is phenomenal to my ears. Faults? It can get a bit heavy and fatiguing if you don't have them sitting in your ear just right. I haven't really enjoyed over ear yet. I need to try again. 

Dsnuts the Senn double-flanges are a great find in having synergy with the 750.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #14,800 of 100,650

Knock yourself out.

So I'm guessing for the RHA - it's amazon.uk -> ???? -> Canada -> Profit?

Yeah that Royal Mail service is brutal. Cheaper actually to have it mailed to Germany and forwarded from there if you know of anyone there willing to do it.

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #14,801 of 100,650
  Hey guys, the JVC S500 are so popular that AT decided to put out one of their own
blink.gif

Released October 18, 2013

Portable headphones
ATH-S500 BK
¥ 5,040. (Tax ¥ 4,800.)
ATH-S500 NV
¥ 5,040. (Tax ¥ 4,800.)

The headphone cord out pieces that will be used to hear the sound good response in the strong magnetic force magnet with φ40mm driver.

img_21486.jpg

These look awesome. Obviously AT trying to get in on some of JVC's success, but it also looks like an update on the older SJ series, because they are releasing an S100 and S300 along with these. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 4:33 AM Post #14,802 of 100,650
Just A/Bed the 750, S2, and M200 with the x3. Results:

- 750 has the most qualntity of bass out off the three, but M200 has the best quality. The 750 isn't far behind in quality .
- s2 has best treble but almost a tie with the M200. The 750 is not far behind those two.
- The S2 has a wider soundstage than the 750, but the M200 is widest to my ears with better instrument separation and imaging tomy ears. The M200 just has a beautiful spacing of sound not possessed by the other two.
- Mids are the hardest to judge between the three. The S2 and 750 mids seem to be a bit more forward than the M200, but the KEF is not recessed. I think I hear a bit more micro detail in the M200 and S2 vocally! respectively, but they don't leave the 750 very far behind.
- The 750 is the most efficient of the three (then the S2 and M200).

As I suspected, the M200 wins, but by no means are the 750 and S2 left sucking dust. Both are closer than I would have imagined, but the KEF is the clear winner. Fit wise goes to to the 750. I like the 750 over the s2. Build wise I like the 750 first then the M200. You really can't go wrong with any of the three, but if want clear gorgeous deep bass go with the 750. The more refined of the three is the M200.

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #14,803 of 100,650
If KEF nailed it so decently their first time, makes you wonder what's next from them. Seems few and far between right off the bat. That's my useless filler comment for the night.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back