The discovery thread!
Sep 16, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #14,342 of 100,061
....They look very much different from the box pictures. Looks like a milk machine to be honest. 

....I think I might have gotten the R3's image connected with the Sony XBA-H series in my head, so that could explain it. 

....Hopefully the milk out of those R3s are worth their weight in butter hype.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #14,343 of 100,061
Sep 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #14,344 of 100,061
  ....They look very much different from the box pictures. Looks like a milk machine to be honest. 

....I think I might have gotten the R3's image connected with the Sony XBA-H series in my head, so that could explain it. 

....Hopefully the milk out of those R3s are worth their weight in butter hype.

^ SICK SICK SICK!!!

Believe me, I'm stealing that emoticon!

Steal away, not like it wasn't stolen to begin with. : P

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #14,345 of 100,061
  SURPRISE!!!!!
eek.gif

WAIT don't say anything yet, I need to go hide my wallet.

Sep 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #14,346 of 100,061
  WAIT don't say anything yet, I need to go hide my wallet.

I don't think there is going to be any hiding place good enough for it once he gets through with us!

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #14,348 of 100,061
Sep 16, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #14,349 of 100,061
I have to study for a test tomorrow otherwise I would be all about them R3s..The first thing that comes to mind is spacious. Very spacious sound. But not artificially so. In fact the sound is very natural..It is definitely the most refined Brainwavz in ear I have ever heard..Early impression. I will have a chance to hear them again later on tonight but for now..

These sound on a similar level to the M200s. If my memory of them serves me correct. I should have something more pertinent to write about them with some time on them. I have them on the burn in for now but the one negative is they do have a awkward fit but not as bad as the M200s. The ear guilds are from my VSD1s. They fit perfectly and help maintain that shape.

At first I couldn't get a proper seal using the included tips and after adding the ear guide and MH1C tips. I got perfect seal and that sound was enormous..The crazy thing is it is very natural sounding and not hyped in any way. Even the bass is very much in line with the sound. I will have more thoughts about them but for now I have them on the burn in..

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #14,350 of 100,061
yep, I concur.  onkyos hf300 out of X3 is a real audio treat.  a wonderful pairing that
brinings out the best in both.  and a bargain at that too......whoopee!! the bassos are
good but the 300s make them sound like amateurs...

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #14,352 of 100,061
Stop getting hyped and get a pair already.
wink.gif
I do believe you and Wayne are the only 2 regulars here who have yet to hear any of the Onkyos.

TBH those Onkyos don't really interest me that much. I am sure they are good but not "game changer" material if you knowhatimeng.
wink.gif

Plus you haven't hyped them enough tbh honest. Work Exesteils work!!!
deadhorse.gif

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #14,353 of 100,061
  Plus you haven't hyped them enough tbh honest. Work Exesteils work!!! 

That's right Exesteils! Hype-on my friend. Harder!!! Lol

Sep 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #14,355 of 100,061
Haven't yet heard the Onkyos, seem to me a bit redundant...just got the cables for headphones sent today, will try them on the ML Mykros (emailed M-L, tell me the pads are user replaceable, wasn't obvious to me, and they are sending me a replacement, whew! Quick response, like dealing with good companies)

Long work day...just got home short while ago, brought home paperwork, but don't think I'll get to it tonight. Hope I have the energy/get out of the office on time tomorrow, concert in Brooklyn, my current faves, Valley Lodge! (Groupon has a New Jersey discount on tickets Oct 1 for my long time faves, Fountains of Wayne, may pick them up as well...live music, WOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Last rambling rant, used to review jazz for a small audiophile magazine, the Audiophile Voice, had to drop it when my full time job became 2 full time jobs (still managed by me), back to one full time job again, will restart, me'thinks, keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back