The discovery thread!
Jul 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #11,656 of 100,453
Yes a bit expensive, I can live without that for that price, I can get for 28e one more pair of 600s and have 2 more cabels so I pass on this, was hoping there is some other dealer with lower prices. Tnx

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #11,658 of 100,453
^ I wish you hadn't told me that lol !

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #11,660 of 100,453
^ WAYNE will it help you that i prefer my ES700 over the WS99 when i replace the stock pads with the WS55 pads that you can get straight from ATH services for like ~$10 shipped???
bigsmile_face.gif

i have no regrets about selling my WS99s now that they sound like this.

Poke Poke Poke.
deadhorse.gif

Buy Buy Buy.
tongue.gif

DO IT!!!

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #11,662 of 100,453
It's probably priced a bit too high to be in this thread, but hey if the Nutman is talking about the X1 here, I'm going to mention it anways: the new KEF M500. Unlike most hyped headphones, there seems to be unanimous love for them, at least among those who prefer accurate over coloured sound. They have possibly the flattest, most neutral frequency response in the history of headphones (and that's neutral as in natural, accurate and uncoloured, not the stereotype of neutral phones being cold, analytical and thin). Great build quality and exceptionally comfortable for an on-ear too. I might wait for an over-ear version before biting the bullet though. If anyone has the chance to audition them, definitely check them out.

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #11,663 of 100,453
Quote:
It's probably priced a bit too high to be in this thread, but hey if the Nutman is talking about the X1 here, I'm going to mention it anways: the new KEF M500. Unlike most hyped headphones, there seems to be unanimous love for them, at least among those who prefer accurate over coloured sound. They have possibly the flattest, most neutral frequency response in the history of headphones (and that's neutral as in natural, accurate and uncoloured, not the stereotype of neutral phones being cold, analytical and thin). Great build quality and exceptionally comfortable for an on-ear too. I might wait for an over-ear version before biting the bullet though. If anyone has the chance to audition them, definitely check them out.

Dood have you been stalking me, i was gonna mentioned those as well, but for $300. Hmmm

That trunks guys like it just as much if not more than his WS99s even for their bass quality. And he seems to love the WS99s. 
eek.gif

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #11,664 of 100,453
eQuote:
^ WAYNE will it help you that i prefer my ES700 over the WS99 when i replace the stock pads with the WS55 pads that you can get straight from ATH services for like ~$10 shipped???
bigsmile_face.gif

i have no regrets about selling my WS99s now that they sound like this.

Poke Poke Poke.
deadhorse.gif

Buy Buy Buy.
tongue.gif

DO IT!!!

No, that doesn't help at all!

I maybe would snag them if I didn't just bite the bullet on the Fiio X3. Mp4nation has a pre-order special going on for $200, and they throw in either the R1 or M5 as a gift, plus there is a 5% coupon (see the X3 thread). So that's $190 for the X3 (and M5). I really am not sure that I need it though as I really enjoy my Clip Zip (rockboxed) + C&C BH combo. Hopefully someone will convince me that I made the right choice!

So once I get over the shock of that particular impulse buy, maybe (yeah right.. probably) I'll feel impulsive again for another thing that I really don't need lol. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #11,665 of 100,453
Quote:

I maybe would snag them if I didn't just bite the bullet on the Fiio X3. Mp4nation has a pre-order special going on for $200, and they throw in either the R1 or M5 as a gift, plus there is a 5% coupon (see the X3 thread). So that's $190 for the X3 (and M5). I really am not sure that I need it though as I really enjoy my Clip Zip (rockboxed) + C&C BH combo. Hopefully someone will convince me that I made the right choice!

So once I get over the shock of that particular impulse buy, maybe (yeah right.. probably) I'll feel impulsive again for another thing that I really don't need lol. 

No problem meng, glad that i can help.
tongue.gif

Thanks god i am not interested in those X3s whatsoever even with that sweet promo. Phewww.

Yeah these ES700 can wait esp. since you already have all those ATH goodies. You aren't missing much but they are really freaken sweet sounding with the WS55 pads. And probably even more so with the es9 lambskin pads.
triportsad.gif
  These are still on-ears though so.....

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #11,666 of 100,453
Quote:
No problem meng, glad that i can help.
tongue.gif

Thanks god i am not interested in those X3s whatsoever even with that sweet promo. Phewww.

Yeah these ES700 can wait esp. since you already have all those ATH goodies. You aren't missing much but they are really freaken sweet sounding with the WS55 pads. And probably even more so with the es9 lambskin pads.
triportsad.gif
  These are still on-ears though so.....

What I have to try resisting are the X1's. If they ever go down to $200 (my magical threshold), watch out!

I have been using my sportapro drivers on my parts express headband lately, which makes for a very light and mobile on ears headphone. Not a great seal or isolation, but very comfortable, and pretty amazing sound for a $25 kit, and something that I could actually see myself wearing outside (I personally could never wear the WS99's or S500's out in public). So I am thinking of looking for something similar but with really good SQ (maybe something like the DT1350's, but with less clamping force and more comfort).

I have the feeling that the ES700's on-ear-ness are not be super comfortable. Would that be a correct assumption?

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #11,668 of 100,453
Quote:

Why do you need convincing LOL It's got better DAC, separate amp section, lineout and plenty other fancy stuff
size]
 I myself am seriously tempted - with the promo code and the points I have left on mp4nation I can get it for $185, which is quite tempting considering I can get a free M5 with it. On another hand, an August release is way to close to the X5's expected release, so I'm also kinda tempted to just wait 4 more months for it.

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #11,669 of 100,453
Quote:
Why do you need convincing LOL It's got better DAC, separate amp section, lineout and plenty other fancy stuff
size]
 I myself am seriously tempted - with the promo code and the points I have left on mp4nation I can get it for $185, which is quite tempting considering I can get a free M5 with it. On another hand, an August release is way to close to the X5's expected release, so I'm also kinda tempted to just wait 4 more months for it.

Me too.. I have been kinda getting impatient but good things to those who wait.

Jul 5, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #11,670 of 100,453
Quote:

What I have to try resisting are the X1's. If they ever go down to $200 (my magical threshold), watch out!

I have been using my sportapro drivers on my parts express headband lately, which makes for a very light and mobile on ears headphone. Not a great seal or isolation, but very comfortable, and pretty amazing sound for a $25 kit, and something that I could actually see myself wearing outside (I personally could never wear the WS99's or S500's out in public). So I am thinking of looking for something similar but with really good SQ (maybe something like the DT1350's, but with less clamping force and more comfort).

I have the feeling that the ES700's on-ear-ness are not be super comfortable. Would that be a correct assumption?

With the WS55 pads they are almost over-ear for me since i have medium smallish ears and they are pretty comfortable. But i am sure the comfort level in outta this world with those es9 lambskin pads. haha But they are spendy though. Danny has them so he can chime in on those. The only negative beside the small on ear pads is the lumpy headband when worn. Don't get me wrong cuz they are soooo comfy but it just turns lumpy when it's worn. It doesn't look that bad, but just bring the sexiness level of these stainless steel cup beauties down a notch a bit.

So you might want to keep that in mind as well, not really a deal breaker but still...... i is shallow like that.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back