The discovery thread!
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #11,086 of 100,249
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #11,087 of 100,249
Ok guys, just picked up the S2 from a local retailer. Nice packaging along with a good amount of accessories and the built quality of the iem itself is really good. Here the pics for those who are curious and will try to put up a brief early impression when I have the time to do so. Cheers.
[/IMG]

Ok, here's a the short and sweet impression of the S2. Pardon me as I'm not really good with audio terms and thus will keep it simple.

OOTB, it' bright like what some user have observed and barely short of sibilant. That's with the attached stock tips which I'm positive didn't give me a proper fit.

2 hours on with the clip zip and switched to the comply T400 tips, I can honestly and confidently says this "Can You Smell What The Nut Man Is Cooking"

So to make it short and sweet, it's almost as what the nut man have describe. Why do I say almost is the fact that most individual hear things differently and may have their preference in sound. But there's so many points to agree on with his assessment which I'm not able to express in words.

So, pardon me for my inability to express my thoughts in words and hope all S2 owner can find their sweet spot with it. So, let the burn in takes it course and see how it goes from here.

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #11,088 of 100,249
Quote:

I haven't tried the CKS 77x/99 but I have the Basso.
What I know is I haven't read anything bad about the Bassos, and everyone I know who has them are very happy.
Personally, I'd be keeping the Bassos for good even if I get to encounter more great sounding IEMs.
They're that good!

+1! The Bassos are classics as far as I am concerned. I'll probably do a big purge one of these days, but the Bassos are never going nowhere!

I hve ath cks1000. Eph100 is on way, also have jvc fx31. Is carbo basso different enough to warrent a buy, as im also getting the s2 eventually.

The Bassos are like a relaxed listening version of the the 1K's. Similar beautiful signatures, but the bass and treble is a bit more relaxed with the Bassos. I actually enjoy switching back and forth between them depending on my mood and music, so I am happy that I have both. Then again, I don't have the EPH100 or S2's on the way! But it seems that many people prefer the Basso's (or is it the Tenores?) to the EPH100, so.... the decision is up to you!

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #11,089 of 100,249
Quote:

+1! The Bassos are classics as far as I am concerned. I'll probably do a big purge one of these days, but the Bassos are never going nowhere!

The Bassos are like a relaxed listening version of the the 1K's. Similar beautiful signatures, but the bass and treble is a bit more relaxed with the Bassos. I actually enjoy switching back and forth between them depending on my mood and music, so I am happy that I have both. Then again, I don't have the EPH100 or S2's on the way! But it seems that many people prefer the Basso's (or is it the Tenores?) to the EPH100, so.... the decision is up to you!

You are correct sir! :wink:

Jun 20, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #11,090 of 100,249
How hard is the S2 to drive in comparison to the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore?  With the Tenore, I have to crank the volume almost to max when using my laptop.

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #11,092 of 100,249
Quote:

I hate to say it, but i may even end up selling the cks1000.  Love the sound, but they suck in the gym where 90% of my listening is done.  And its not even the bolts sticking out of my ears, the cord is just so heavy and grabby that its always tugging.  Tried a clip but no luck yet.  If i find somethin close to the sound i may put them up and put money away for future purchases of basso, s2.  Would like another sm64 (regret selling that) or asg2

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #11,094 of 100,249
Drooling...

Are you gonna use the stock cable Ds?
Apparently they don't bring out the best in the X1's sound.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #11,098 of 100,249
Well out of box it is a grander S2 sound. They are very similar in sound dynamics. Tuned very similarly. But these are like the pimp version. The stage is freaking awesome. I am gonna throw these on the burner while I watch the finals will have some more thoughts later.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #11,099 of 100,249
Quote:
I hate to say it, but i may even end up selling the cks1000.  Love the sound, but they suck in the gym where 90% of my listening is done.  And its not even the bolts sticking out of my ears, the cord is just so heavy and grabby that its always tugging.  Tried a clip but no luck yet.  If i find somethin close to the sound i may put them up and put money away for future purchases of basso, s2.  Would like another sm64 (regret selling that) or asg2

I understand. I don't have the tugging issue when using a clip, but still, they are not gym iems for me either - they are for home use. For the gym, I'm using the Bassos at the moment (very light), but I give other iems a workout there now and then as well.

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #11,100 of 100,249
Quote:
Well out of box it is a grander S2 sound. They are very similar in sound dynamics. Tuned very similarly. But these are like the pimp version. The stage is freaking awesome. I am gonna throw these on the burner while I watch the finals will have some more thoughts later.

This is where I start summoning all of the powers of resistance that I can possibly muster! This is gonna get ugly kids! 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back